Saturday, September 17, 2011

Game Balls and Gassers

Candidates for Game Balls

RB Darrian Miller showed outstanding determination and balance in wiggling his way to 53 yards and two touchdowns on 11 carries.

• WR Andrew Turzilli made an impression at the end of the game, catching three balls for 37 yards and a touchdown.

Candidates for gassers

The defensive linemen couldn’t shed blockers.

The linebackers couldn’t get to ballcarriers on the outside in time.

The secondary couldn’t prevent the receivers from getting behind the defense, although Greg Brown, largely responsible for limiting Stephen Hill to one catch for four yards, covered well.

Comments

Cora Smith 8 years, 10 months ago

May need to move a couple of running backs to the secondary.

miseryh8r 8 years, 10 months ago

We need to see the same speed/skill improvement on defense through recruiting next year as we did on offense this year. Usually I get p**$ed when the defense plays like that but I instead found myself laughing....they should be plenty rested for a practice tomorrow after giving up so many 1 play touchdowns

Randy Bombardier 8 years, 10 months ago

Who needs gassers? The whole game was a gasser for our defense. Maybe coach Shealy.

Kevin Studer 8 years, 10 months ago

Maybe now people will stop talking about how we're headed to a bowl game.

Todd Simpson 8 years, 10 months ago

Cusack118, I'd say in about 2 more years there will be a bowl game....Personally I hope that Kansas goes to the Big East conference and I can finally not travel 8 hours down the road to see them every year. TCU is right up the road :)

Kevin Studer 8 years, 10 months ago

The Big East would be great for us in all sports...but does that mean we would have to field a lacrosse team?!

Mike Nicco 8 years, 10 months ago

Tyler Patmon: I'm 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter and have yet to see him hit the QB on the option. When is Coach going to bench him?!?!

Mike Nicco 8 years, 10 months ago

:55 left in the 3rd & someone finally hits the QB after he pitches the ball. Thank you McDougal!!