Running Reesing tops rankings
1. Todd Reesing: Northern Colorado dropped eight defenders into coverage, so Reesing ran for 79 yards and two touchdowns. He also threw for 208 yards and two touchdowns on just 20 passes.
2. Kerry Meier: Did an outstanding job blocking and caught five passes for 115 yards.
3. Chris Harris: Seven tackles, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a pass deflection from the safety position called to mind former KU linebacker James Holt-type production.
4. Jake Sharp: Steady performance resulted in 123 rushing yards.
5. Jake Laptad: Had two sacks for 16 yards in losses and another tackle for a loss and finished with six tackles. Gets better every year.
6. Toben Opurum: Didn’t run with his pads low enough to the ground to satisfy the coaching staff, but still managed to rush for 79 yards and two touchdowns. Powerful runner.
7. Daymond Patterson: Had a strong coverage night.
8. Kale Pick: He’s fast. Pick used his speed to gain 47 yards on three runs and completed both passes he threw.
9. Justin Thornton: Had nine tackles from the safety position.
10. Arist Wright: Seemed to communicate regularly with young players, a plus, and looked to be around the ball a lot. Had six tackles.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Todd Reesing (10 points)
2. Kerry Meier (9 points)
3. Chris Harris (8 points)
4. Jake Sharp (7 points)
5. Jake Laptad (6 points)
6. Toben Opurum (5 points)
7. Daymond Patterson (4 points)
8. Kale Pick (3 points)
9. Justin Thornton (2 points)
10. Arist Wright (1 point)