Charles in Charge: With Weis in place, where does KU go from here?

Charlie Weis addresses media members alongside Kansas University athletic director Sheahon Zenger and Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little during a news conference on Friday, Dec. 9, 2011, at the Anderson Family Football Complex. by Nick Krug

The weekend of Weis has come and gone and, by now, people seem to be coming to terms with the fact that Charlie Weis actually is coming to Kansas to coach football.

Fact is, he’s already started.

Weis, who was introduced as the Jayhawks’ 37th coach in history last Friday, welcomed a handful of recruits to town this week for the KU-Ohio State men’s basketball game.

In addition, he’s expected to hit the road to recruit sometime this week.

While we don’t yet know where that will take him, it’s safe to assume he’ll meet with some pretty big time players. Weis already has thrown out some offers to some of the top players in the country.

I know many are also hearing rumors about current KU players leaving the program and it’s safe to say that is happening. Who and how many has not yet been determined, but you can bet that it will be around 10.

Several players who had committed to KU under former coach Turner Gill also have changed their minds. Florida cornerback Daniel Gray bailed midway through the season, Washington D.C. defensive lineman De’Jon Wilson dropped KU and committed to Colorado last month and Florida quarterback Bilal Marshall recently switched his commitment from Kansas to Purdue.

This, too, is to be expected. And it does not indicate a problem with the program or with Weis. Many times, when new coaches take over, players who were recruited to fit one style find out that they don’t fit the new style and they choose to go elsewhere. The same could be true for the players already on the roster. The bottom line is this: If they won’t fit and don’t want to be here, KU doesn’t want them taking up a scholarship.

At the end of the week, after guys leave and the final number is set, Weis may be able to target a 2012 class of around 20 guys, which would seem to be a good thing for KU.

Much more on that in the next few days.

As for now, here are a couple of things we’re hearing and/or working on:

Still trying to track down leads on Charlie Weis’ first coaching staff at Kansas. Weis said at his introductory press conference that he’d take a few days to get it nailed down and that 80-to-90 percent of it should be done quickly.

We already know that running backs coach/recruiting coordinator Reggie Mitchell is staying and we have a strong feeling that wide receivers coach David Beaty may stay, too. Keeping both would be huge for Kansas.

As for new names, one that’s starting to hum a little louder today is Tim Grunhard, former Notre Dame and Kansas City Chiefs star and current head coach at Bishop Miege. Reports have indicated that Grunhard has called a meeting with his team and staff at Miege. Could be to tell them he’s leaving. Grunhard, who likely would coach the offensive line, would be a good pick up. He’s a tireless worker, a great football mind and would go a long way toward helping KU land the Kansas and Kansas City kids.

Another name that’s been kicked around quite a bit is Jim Leavitt, the former South Florida head coach who now coaches the linebackers for the 49ers and has deep ties to KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger. Many have speculated that Weis could hire Leavitt as his defensive coordinator. Don’t look for that to happen.

Vic Koenning, who served as the DC under Ron Zook at Illinois, could be a guy worth watching for the same position here. Koenning was the interim head coach for the Illini after Zook was fired and the new staff at UI may want to keep him. But it seems likely that he’d at least get a call from Weis and KU.

Other names to keep an eye on include: Ruben Mendoza, who was Weis’ strength coach at Notre Dame; John Latina, who coached the O-Line under Weis at Notre Dame; Clint Bowen, former KU player and defensive coordinator could be eyeing a return to Lawrence as a position coach; It also seems as if KU defensive line coach Buddy Wyatt has more than a fair chance to stick around; Ron Powlus, former Notre Dame quarterback (before Weis) who coached QBs under Weis and also spent time as the QBs coach at Akron.

No news on Notre Dame quarterback Dayne Crist yet. Haven’t been able to track him down to see how his visit went, but the feedback I have been able to gather from people in town said he had a good time and that everyone who met him really enjoyed him.

Crist, of course, is the Notre Dame senior whom Weis recruited who is scheduled to graduate this month and, therefore, would be eligible to use his final year to play at another school immediately.

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound pocket passer from Canoga Park, Calif., is a big-time talent. Crist chose Notre Dame — largely because of Weis — over offers from Florida State, Stanford, Michigan, Nebraska and USC.

During his senior season in high school, Rivals.com ranked him the 25th-best prospect in the nation, the second-best pro-style quarterback in the country and fourth-best recruit in California. He also was rated the 22nd-best player on the ESPN 150 list.

After not playing at Notre Dame in 2008, he played in a combined 13 games during 2009 and 2010, but saw each season cut short because of knee injuries.

This season, he was named the starter during fall camp and started Notre Dame’s season opener. However, during that opening game, he was benched and remained a back-up the rest of the way.

Here’s a look at the latest on Crist, from the Chicago Tribune.

Finally, I’ve had a lot of requests to keep the daily blog going for a while and I will certainly try to do that. It might not be updated every hour, but I’ll try to throw it up there so that when news happens I can add it. In the meantime, it can serve as a great place for those who want to talk more about the program to chat it up in the comments section.

That said, the later part of this week may be a little slow in that regard. I’m going to take a few days to do nothing and recover from the craziness. Starting early next week, though, I’ll dive back in 100 percent.

It’s going to be fun from here on out.

Stay tuned...

;

Comments

mdfraz 2 years, 9 months ago

You deserve the rest, Matt. Thanks for keeping us fed with whatever info you could get your hands on. Ultimately all of the speculation is pretty pointless for us fans, but it certainly makes things a lot more interesting. Glad to hear you are planning to keep up the blog.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

Yeah, and people with real jobs deserve rest also. They just can't take it. Enjoy the down time Matt. Just don't confuse hard, meaningful work for what you do. You report on sports Jaybate does it without pay. Everyone deserves time away from work just don't expect sympathy from people who actually work for a living.

jhawkrulz 2 years, 9 months ago

Really? That is your comment that Matt doesn't work for a living? I betcha he does provide for himself and if he has a family he provides well for them. I'm guessing that he chose something he enjoys a lot.

It sounds like you chose an occupation that you don't enjoy, so going to work is just painful and hard. If Matt's job is so easy, why didn't you go do it?

Please don't post anymore your nonsense.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

Please don't post anymore your nonsense. Obviously not at writer yourself.

Matt works. I appreciate reading his articles. I appreciate that he takes the time to interact with the people on this site. I appreciate Matt's insight into the situation. I like that he can call things into question without coming across as a jerk like other writer for this paper. I appreciate Matt's diligence.

I can not stand someone who thinks that they are overworked. Especially a cushy job reporting on my favorite thing in the world. If I "worked" reporting on the Jayhawks I wouldn't ever want a day off. This is how I spend the precious spare time that I have. So If I am less than enthusiastic about someone with one of a hand full of jobs (that I am not qualified for) that seem more like vacation than work to me, so be it. If you can't understand that go suck on a north bound K-Stater's south end (He'll like, it just watch out for farm animals).

Actually I love what I do for a living and I work 14 to 15 hours a day during the busy season (about 5 straight months) and have a light work schedule the rest of the season 30-50 hours a week. While I enjoy what I do for a living there is no way I could take time off because I am deserving of a break in the busy season. I am like most of the hard working people in the midwest: There is time to rest when you are dead.

railer20 2 years, 9 months ago

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

What a compelling argument.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

You can't work 24 hours a day. I appreciate this fact. It has also been proven that without one day in seven off productivity greatly decreases (the Romans went to a 10 day week for awhile). Take due time off if you can. Take a day a week. Take a couple weeks a year. Just don't think that because you work hard or long that you are entitled to a day off.

EverRisingHawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Wow, did someone forget their caramel macchiato frap before punching in for the Man today? Matt's been busting his hump - why undermine his efforts to keep us firmly embedded in the loop?

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

You're right I may be a little irritable today. I just took exception to his last section. Take the time just don't rub it in.

milehighhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

This was the stupidest comment I've seen on the Internet this week.

There's a reason why Jaybate doesn't get paid and Matt does, and if you can't identify what that is, it's on you.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

You are correct the quality of work is much different. I am just saying that Jaybate cranks out about as much material for free without wanting time off. Ask him if he'd complain about being overworked covering the 'Hawks. I also realize that writing crap on this board is much different than meeting deadlines for a paper. But in the grand scheme of things: shut up and do your job.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

You must not read many of your own posts.

Chayse Patrick 2 years, 9 months ago

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

Thank you for your valuable and thoughtful input.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

As a side note. I wrote the above comment as an exercise to release stress. I didn't intend to post the comment, but I accidentally did. Had I re-read the post I wouldn't have posted it. It is interesting how people come to Matt's aide, but through Keegan under the bus every week. Matt comes across as a more likeable guy, but all things considered they both cover the team we love. Keegan just hits on polarizing topics that Matt wouldn't touch. If Matt'd cover some of the same topics I believe he would be a lot less abrasive though.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

Can't take it back. Came across way to harsh. But it is what it is and I stand by the overall message. Man up.

Aaron Carpenter 2 years, 9 months ago

People are generally forgiving of others and will sometimes overlook in irrational act or comment. Yours, on the other hand, was so incredibly immature and generally stupid. I think most of us would just prefer not to read any other posts you may feel inclined to share. I know this won't happen, and you will probably write another ignorant comment about my post, but grow up if anything. I assume you are the kind of guy that get's mad because you got chose last in gym class, had to sit by yourself at lunch, and found joy in keying others cars. Now that your grown up, you only find joy in belittling others, especially those that are in the public eye. The rest of us love and appreciate the hard, tireless work that Matt does. Don't ruin it for us.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

Never keyed a car. Was popular enough in school. Was a middle of the road athlete who lettered in basketball, football, and track. I did not sling any insults, but my remarks are rather unpopular. I have held the same job for 10 years. I have a wonderful family. I have never clubbed baby seals. I have never and will never publicly bash another just to be hateful. I do not think my previous post belittles Matt. If this is how you (Matt) took my post I am truly sorry.

babyjay1 2 years, 9 months ago

Really?? That was a truly horrible post! So, you NEVER take a vacation? Not even a day or two off? Maybe that's your problem... Why don't you stay away from here and not slam Matt for his hard work (yes, I said "hard" and meant it) until you can become civil.

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

You are right horrible post. And I am going to Hawaii next month. I will never stay away from the 'Hawks though these message boards are kinda lame usually. And you are right Tait does work hard just not as hard as he thinks. If you have any energy (mental or physical) at the end of the day you didn't work hard enough. And as for your last comment you should have seen some of the comments that got deleted.

JayhawkMafiaFamily 2 years, 9 months ago

dylans 2 years, 9 months ago

How many stories have you read this month about people working 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet? How many kids are going home to no Christmas? I just don't feel sorry for the guy. It's people who whine about the Hawks losing a few games a year or don't win by enough, that make KU fans look bad. It's people who are so unoriginal as you in their insults/ arguments that make KU look bad. I had an instructor in Analyzing Rhetoric at KU that would love to whip you into shape. You took exception to what I wrote. Form a logical argument with supporting statements. Insults are not going to get you anywhere in life.

Jeremy Bolinger 2 years, 9 months ago

Damn, the man apologized, and said he would take it back if he could. You don't make mistakes? Maybe you the perfect KU fan can teach everyone else how to live their daily lives. I most certainly need a little guidance.

johnnyphoton 2 years, 9 months ago

Most people who do work hard don't need to advertise how hard they've worked. We get it. Just take the time off.

d_prowess 2 years, 9 months ago

I understand where some people might not want to hear that Matt is going on vacation and even took it as him rubbing it in, but I bet many of us would have been freaking out if we didn't see a story from Tait for more than a day. So him saying he is going to be taking a couple days off seems more proactive and done out of respect for his readers than anything else.

5to6 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for the updates, Matt. It's definitely a positive sign regarding fan interest in football that you're being asked to provide continuing breaking updates.

Kevin Crook 2 years, 9 months ago

Why not his buddy Romeo Crennell as DC?

riverdrifter 2 years, 9 months ago

Chiefs will move heaven and earth to keep Crennell. I think he's left the college game behind.

Tony Bushard 2 years, 9 months ago

Great stuff Matt. What about offensive coordinator?

Tony Bushard 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks. I missed the first half of the press conference and obviously some of the subsequent reporting.

David Lara 2 years, 9 months ago

Make a call to Todd Haley! Haha

royaljayhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks Matt! Good stuff as always. Will look forward to seeing the blog run for a few more days. I was so happy to see it back after Gill was fired. It's almost become a part of my everyday regime now with all of the realignment and coaching updates the last few months. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Displayhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Thank you Matt, for all your hard work! We appreciate it!

d_prowess 2 years, 9 months ago

You've earned some time to recharge Tait. You brought it big-time through all of this...

Jim Jackson 2 years, 9 months ago

C'mon Tait! Your paid to do this. I don't get a few days off for working overtime! Haha Nice work Tait.

kureignman 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for the updates Matt. Vic Koening would be a fantastic addition. I don't know their exact number, but I'm pretty sure the Illini had a top 10 D. Let's hope we can nail down this coaching staff so we can go grab a great recruiting class.

FLJHK 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt: Through re-alignment and the football coaching search you've been a rock. I, like many, have become addicted to your updates. I hope you realize how much we have appreciated your tireless efforts. Thank you!

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 9 months ago

p>kusports.com employee of the year percentage wheel

Tait 51% Newell 49% Keegan -5,000,000%

jhawk613 2 years, 9 months ago

normally i don't like you're comments, but +1 sir, +1.

d_prowess 2 years, 9 months ago

Considering how he tirelessly works to report on KU, I am shocked that Tait only has about 2,700 twitter followers! He is @mctait if you are on there.

Pbbut 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt: FLJHK brought it up, not me! But seriously, is there anything going on with realignment?
I know the coaching change has had you jumping, but right in the middle of all of it was a story about L'Ville joining the conference. Wasn't there a meeting that conference leadership was supposed to have with expansion was on the agenda? Am I dreaming all of this? I believe we need to get to 12.

Eric Dawson 2 years, 9 months ago

And, Matt, there is also the question of the status of the transitions by WVU and mOO.
Has there been any headway on WVU leaving the BEast this summer as they -- and the B12 -- desire?
What is Chuck Neinas up to besides pushing for a PlusOne FBS Championship? Thanks!

BrooksideJayhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt:

Thanks for addressing the issue of transfers. One other issue that seems to have caught fire among football fans is academics. Specifically: Some number of players (varies on who tells the story and how much alcohol they've had) have not been attending class and are not doing satisfactory classroom work. It would be nice to hear (or read) the truth.

jhawkrulz 2 years, 9 months ago

That couLDn't Be true...TG said he was preparing these boys to be better men in the future.

I said we should have fired him for cause...if this is at all true, we need to start withholding his payments.

KEITHMILES05 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt: There is rampant talk of the horrendous academic situation with the KU football team and failed drug testing. When is this going to be addressed? It's been said Gill thought it wasn't his job to get the guys to class and a fairly good percentage of them didn't go.

BayPark 2 years, 9 months ago

That is disturbing news. Sure hope it isn't true.

kufan1146 2 years, 9 months ago

I certainly can't speak for all of them but I was in a small sociology class with about 4-5 of them. They generally showed up (75% of the time or so), but they were completely tuned out and never took notes. I think there was a girl who shared her notes with them and that's how they managed to pass.

jaybate 2 years, 9 months ago

Where next?

Simple.

BGL has Sheahon fly from MCI to South Bend, rent a car and drive out to the unincorportated community of Notre Dame, Indiana.

Park.

Find Father John Jenkins office.

Ask Father Jenkins if he feels Vita, Dulcedo, Spes towards the Big 12 yet?

Ask Father Jenkins, if he feels Notre Dame and/or the entire Big East might be willing to join the Big 12 now?

Ask Father Jenkins if there is anything else he requires to help him make his choice.

Tell him that BGL holds him in the utmost esteem and would be very privileged to work with him in any constructive way possible in a merged Big East-Big 12 conference. Tell him that BGL would actually like to relinquish her role in putting the Big 12 conference in order, and would be honored if Father Jenkins, or anyone Father Jenkins might select, would be placed in the role of Big East-Big 12 conference commissioner, so that she, BGL, were able to get back to some of her more pressing duties including expanding Memorial Stadium to 75,000 seats and luxury boxes for Mr. Weis.

That should do it. :-)

Oh, one more thing: smile politely and humbly and await his response.

jhox 2 years, 9 months ago

Someone floated a rumor this morning about Miller being one of the kids who plans to transfer. I really hope this isn't true. He's the best back KU has seen in years. Weis needs to make it job one to keep him in a Jayhawk uniform, and Shepherd should be job two (he was also mentioned as a transferee.)

I hope once Weis has that hip surgery, he does something about his weight, and improving his health. He just doesn't look like a guy who is going to have the energy to take on the kind of work load this rebuild is going to require.

PJ Karasek 2 years, 9 months ago

what I heard is that Miller in fact won't qualify academically next year (as is the case with several of Gill's players). I'm not saying it's a fact, but I've heard it more than one place.

hawkfan30 2 years, 9 months ago

This was my initial thought when I heard Miller might be leaving. The rumor I heard was he was transferring to Northern Iowa...immediately made me think academics.

Bellator 2 years, 9 months ago

jhox....Yea and Andrea Hudy's arse is looking a little fat I hope she takes of that.

Seriously?

Sorry Andrea I'm kidding.

Mike Kendall 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt--

Enjoy the R & R. You deserve it. Thanks for the coverage. I don't take your coverage or you for granted!

Go Jayhawks!

andrewbary 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt, you're great. Get some rest, we look forward to your continued updates. You are my only concrete link to Jayhawk Nation from here in DC.

blackhawkjayhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Crist will be a tough get if Wisconsin really wants him.....would RG3 consider transferring?

jhawk613 2 years, 9 months ago

a. that's moving to another big 12 team, which is a no-no b. dude's about to get paid

LAJayhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

What about Teeeeebooooowwwwww!!

Actually, I'd take the Denver kicker. Dude can hit from like 195 yards....

JhawkalumJB 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for your updates and perpetual efforts to keep KU football fans current and up to date. You're the man!

JhawkalumJB 2 years, 9 months ago

Hey Matt, There is continued interest on this site and in general about the potential of removing the track from Memorial Stadium. I am wondering if this has ever seriously been considered by administration? What would be the estimated cost? Are there any future plans of doing it?

I love attending the football games (season tickets annually). The track seems so "J.V." compared to other football stadiums around the country and definitely throughout the Big12. I can't help but wonder with the recent events of investing in football and commitment to improvement if the track removal has been considered. Also, I wonder how far the buyout money we gave Gill and Mangino would have gotten us towards a track removal project.

After some well deserved rest could you work some of your connections at KU Athletics and ask if the track removal is anywhere in our future plans? I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about it. When I think about it I think the west campus would be a great location for a new track, or maybe somewhere by the soccer complex.

Your feedback and insight on this would be very interesting. Thanks!

Nick Cole 2 years, 9 months ago

I am all for removing the track. I've stated this before, but I think Memorial needs some serious renovations in addition to this project. Here is what I would do:

1. Obviously remove track, lower field, add seats

2. Remove bleachers and add blue (must be blue) individual seats

3. Put a new limestone (or brick and limestone combo) facade on the outside of the stadium, b/c the concrete looks like a high school stadium

4. Extend new facade upward in the north endzone (something like 2 or 3 stories high) and add another large video board

5. Put a limestone and iron fence around the south endzone, replacing the chain link fence currently in place.

No clue how much all this would cost, but would be nice to have a decent FB stadium to go to in Lawrence. I hate these new concrete and glass stadiums. They look cheap, and it wouldn't match anything else on campus. If they went with the pro style look, the stadium would stand out in the wrong way on campus. They need to keep with the historic look.

Thoughts? As always, discuss...

Bangkok_Jayhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

I like the ideas... Obviously the athletic department needs to pay some debt before some of this gets done. I think a football stadium upgrade needs to be in the works. I heard about an "Olympic Village" and the "Gridiron Club" a couple years back but I assume those went with Lew. The Olympic Village would upgrade soccer, track, and softball facilities near the Fieldhouse. The track could open things up for a stadium renovation.

1. STEP 1... Remove Track
  2. STEP 2... Replace South endzone chainlink fence with a wall or something a little more visually appealing.

Those have to be done ASAP before we have a legitimate stadium.

After that I would love some lime stone, the "Gridiron Club", some individuial seating, a hall of fame... The stadium needs work before we get taken seriously.

Nick Cole 2 years, 9 months ago

I remember seeing the plans for the Olympic Village and the Gridiron Club a couple years back, but KU couldn't come up with the funds b/c we started our downward spiral and donors didn't want to invest in something if our administrators weren't going to do the same. But now, new coach, strike while the iron is hot! Do some serious fundraising SZ. Get on it and get us an attractive place to enjoy our Saturdays. Charlie will take care of the W's. Gotta spend money to make money (the athletic dept has said our debt situation is a comfortable one and KU can easily handle carrying the current load). Take on a little more and get that back 10 fold when butts are in the seats and HCCW has us winning 7+ every year and going to bowl games!

squawkhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

What's with all the KSU guys? We call them our little brother but it seems like we keep hiring, or try to hire, their former coaches (Mangino, Clements, Leavitts, Koennig, Dimel, Venable).

DevilHawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Most - if not all - of them coached under Snyder.

squawkhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt Tait 2 years, 9 months ago

Wow. Would've never guessed that those last two paragraphs would've caused such a fuss. My bad. Next time, I won't mention a word.

Just wanted to point out to those who may be looking for the blog every day that it might not be up for a few days but that it will be back very, very soon.

That's all.

Not bragging about how hard I work, not looking for sympathy. Just trying to keep you all informed, which is what I strive to do every day with KU athletics.

Moving on....

LAJayhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

And that's exactly what you did... tell us that there won't be an update for a couple of days. That ONE person who made the most asinine comment -- perhaps ever... in the history of the interwebz -- was so far off base, he is actually in another stadium... in another country.

You never asked for sympathy, just told us you wouldn't be updating. Pay no mind to ONE person's absolute ridiculousness... notice the dozens and dozens of others who not only called him out, but understood exactly what you said.

Thanks for your work. And a major reason why I say that is because you interact with your readership more than I have ever seen any other sportswriter do. You take the time to answer our questions on top of your own work, and that I greatly appreciate.

And I KNOW I'm not alone in that.

treed14ku 2 years, 9 months ago

No need to apologize. It was just one idiot who was trying to start stuff and clearly is jealous of someone having a day off. You do great work and don't need to justify yourself to some random poster.

jrm79 2 years, 9 months ago

Whoa, Matt. Let me get this straight. You pulled the blogger/journalist equivalent to changing your voicemail and setting up outlook "out of office assistant?" The drama!!

Clearly, you're aware of the number of hits your blogs receive (I've been good for 20/day), and we all appreciate your effort... Your modesty comes through in your work and writing, so please don't apologize for keeping your many followers in the loop.

The irony is that your critic did exactly what he falsely accused you of: brag about how hard he/she works.

Can't please them all.

Enjoy some time away.

DrGraydog 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt,

appreciate all your hard work....take some time, have a drink (or two), get rested and come back with a vengeance....

KU_Alumn_2000 2 years, 9 months ago

Yeah Matt - the large majority of us are appreciative of your work. Don't let the 0.00001% of the negative dudes make you think that you're not appreciated. We know you work hard !

Kevin Kelly 2 years, 9 months ago

Let me get this straight. Does anyone...I'm sorry does 'that one guy' who thinks Matt dosn't work hard read the rest of this paper. The rest of this sports section of the paper?

The other people employed at this paper?

Seriously Matt....how many times has Keegan said the phrase, "This writes itself!"?

FSUJHAWK 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks Matt. Do your thang!

RCJHGKU !!!

Robert Howard 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt - what are the rumors, if any, regarding the potential offensive and defensive coordinators that HCCW may be considering?

While I think the Weis hire was great, it won't be complete until we know who the D-coordinator will be.

JJHAWK 2 years, 9 months ago

Matt,

One rumor (a single poster) on this site said Webb was leaving/losing his scholarship. Have you heard anything on that? Plus really interested in who might be leaving.

Thanks!

Brak 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for all the hard work Matt especially all your tireless efforts keeping us informed with the conference realignment and the new coach search. Even if a lot of it is just speculation it gives me my Jayhawk fix, which I guess makes you my dealer. I got 5 on it........

ja3hawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Grunhard, official... sweet...

lothario64118 2 years, 9 months ago

I like the hire and hopes he makes it to the OC position one day. I like the hire.

Gregor Southard 2 years, 9 months ago

Everyone deserves a break now and then. And by the way, Jaybate writes on here a lot but its just a lot of ramblings not making much sense. Tait actually knows what he's talking about

flyingfinn 2 years, 9 months ago

Totally agree and when I ever see Jaybate I immediately skip to the next post as I won't take time for his long winded BS