1. Kevin Young: Had three of KU’s 12 dunks and in just 14 minutes stuffed the box score with 13 points, seven rebounds, two assists, two blocked shots and two steals.
2. Thomas Robinson: Needs to learn that avoiding technicals is more important than getting the last word. Also, his coach said he’s trying but hasn’t gotten the hang of understanding that the best way to stay out of foul trouble is to guard his man before he catches the ball. Still, he contributed 18 points, 11 rebounds, four assists, two steals and a blocked shot. Showed some guard skills handling the ball on the break and punctuating it with a terrific pass for an easy inside bucket.
3. Elijah Johnson: Made just 2 of 7 three-point shots, but other than that had a terrific night. Kept the ball moving and had eight assists, no turnovers and three steals.
4. Tyshawn Taylor: Never tried to force it and contributed 12 points and four assists with just one turnover.
5. Travis Releford: Had just one rebound in 25 minutes, but otherwise played well with 14 points, three assists and two steals.
6. Conner Teahan: His jumper is a thing of beauty. Made 3 of 4 three-pointers and had three steals and four boards on an 11-point night.
7. Naadir Tharpe: Smart offensive player for a freshman. Had six points and four assists and didn’t turn it over. He, Johnson and Taylor combined for 16 assists and one turnover.
8. Jeff Withey: The No. 1 culprit in KU losing the battle of the boards, Withey had more rebounds on his own misses than on Towson’s misses. Had just one defensive board in 18 minutes, but did have 10 points, four blocks and three assists.
9. Justin Wesley: Had six points but just one rebound in 16 minutes.
10. Merv Lindsay: Logged a minute.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Kevin Young (10 points)
2. Thomas Robinson (9 points)
3. Elijah Johnson (8 points)
4. Tyshawn Taylor (7 points)
5. Travis Releford (6 points)
6. Conner Teahan (5 points)
7. Naadir Tharpe (4 points)
8. Jeff Withey (3 points)
9. Justin Wesley (2 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (1 points)