Josh Selby breaks out, tops Keegans
1. Josh Selby: Scored 15 of his 17 points in the first half, but turned his ankle late in the first half and was not effective in the second half. Was on the bench down the stretch because of the injury, but Selby said he will have no problem playing Saturday against Kansas State.
2. Brady Morningstar: Broke from his shooting slump in a big way, hitting 4 of 7 three-pointers on his way to 14 points and three assists.
3. Marcus Morris: Didn’t pick up any offensive rebounds and wasn’t able to get many shots off but made all but one of the six shots he took. Totaled 15 points and five rebounds.
4. Tyrel Reed: Shots weren’t dropping — he made just 2 of 8 from beyond the arc and 4 of 6 from the line — but he hit the boards hard (three on the offensive end) and skied to snare an errant pass to save a turnover on his way to a 14-point, five-rebound, three-assist night.
5. Markieff Morris: Had six points, 11 rebounds and on the game’s final possession a blocked shot. Had three turnovers and was only able to get off six shots.
6. Tyshawn Taylor: Had nine points, four assists and two turnovers in 31 minutes, but made it too easy to blow by him defensively. Scored nine points and had four assists.
7. Jeff Withey: Missed a layup, marring an otherwise decent night that included three points, four rebounds and a blocked shot in eight minutes.
8. Elijah Johnson: Has made 1 for his last 7 three-pointers and 4 for his last 16. But he did dish four assists without a turnover in 12 minutes.
9. Mario Little: Late getting back to his man and was burned by Marcus Relphorde late for a three-pointer that put KU’s lead in jeopardy. In 17 minutes, he committed three personals to go with two points, two blocked shots and one steal.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (162 points)
2. Markieff Morris (152 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (135 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (120 points)
5. Thomas Robinson (114 points)
6. Brady Morningstar (102 points)
7. Josh Selby (78 points)
8. Travis Releford (71 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (61 points)
10. Mario Little (54 points)
11. Jeff Withey (42 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (4 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (45 points)
2. Tyrel Reed (38 points)
T3. Markieff Morris (36 points)
T3. Brady Morningstar (36 points)
5. Josh Selby (31 points)
6. Tyshawn Taylor (26 points)
T7. Thomas Robinson (20 points)
T7. Mario Little (20 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (11 points)
10. Jeff Withey (9 points)