Monday, February 21, 2011

Bill Self: Thomas Robinson ‘questionable’ for Oklahoma State game

Tyrel Reed, (14) an injured Thomas Robinson, center and Marcus Morris (22) watch the final minutes of the Jayhawk's 89-66 win over Iowa State Saturday, Feb. 12, 2011 at Allen Fieldhouse.

Bill Self commented on Thomas Robinson's status for the KU-OSU game on Monday's Big 12 teleconference. Self indicated Robinson remains "questionable" for Monday night.

"I haven't seen him yet today. He's having treatment right now. My anticipation is it's a 50-50 chance he can play a little bit," Self said. "He practiced yesterday the entire hour and looked good, moved good. I do not know about the swelling or how he feels today and the soreness. That will determine whether or not he plays tonight. I would say right now he's questionable. I really don't know if he'll play. If he feels good, if the doctors and trainers say he's OK, then we'll put him in there for a little bit."

Robinson had surgery 10 days ago to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.

Comments

RockCaCO3 11 years, 4 months ago

That quick of a turn around after surgery makes me think of 2 things:

-TRob is in great shape. -Meniscus surgery has come a long way.

Can't wait to see you back on the floor Thomas!

RCJH!

Chris Shaw 11 years, 4 months ago

or, just hope he doesn't rush it when he doesn't need to.

basketball122009 11 years, 4 months ago

get thomas back and selby in a flow of the offense and this team is unstoppable just be careful thomas and get health FIRST!!

RCJH!!!

Scott Smetana 11 years, 4 months ago

I'd love it if he could play even 2 minutes.

Ben Kane 11 years, 4 months ago

seems like an awfully quick turnaround...makes me think it was all a conspiracy to put this team through some trial by fire.

i hope we see him out there.

slowplay 11 years, 4 months ago

Although it will not do any harm to play, only 10 days since the surgery seems extreme. I will assume the tear was small and with a brace he should be able to go. Most cases I've read about, state a minimum 2 weeks.

Dyrk Dugan 11 years, 4 months ago

TRob coming back would be huge this quick. i believe he will play tonight. We need him.

d_prowess 11 years, 4 months ago

I think you only play him if we absolutely need him to win. If we jump out to a lead and are able to stay ahead, I would let him recover a couple more days.

brid 11 years, 4 months ago

i dont tghink that has any thing to do with it. we should play him any way.

Chris Bruning 11 years, 4 months ago

d_prowess- i don't think you put him in based on whether or not we win......gotta make sure he is as close to 100 as possible, this kid brings to much energy to the team and we will need him as much as any player come madness time.....my opinion is if the team doesn't have their heads up their a$$ we shouldn't need him at all tonight. sit it out another one or two games........RCJH

RockChalkGuy 11 years, 4 months ago

The pokes have lost 10 games. We should be able to handle them without rushing T-Rob onto the court.

Dirk Medema 11 years, 4 months ago

The kittycats have lost 9.

Depending on the effort and focus of the team, it could be anywhere from a blow out to a blowout.

AirCapJay 11 years, 4 months ago

I would not take a chance of get TRob hurt tonight. One more game off for TRob would be good to avoid getting him hurt worse.

KU_FanSince75 11 years, 4 months ago

+2 ---- Save him for the Oklahoma game----I will be there watching the Jayhawks in Loyd Noble. Rock Chalk!

KU_FanSince75 11 years, 4 months ago

+2 ---- Save him for the Oklahoma game. I will be there watching the Jayhawks in Loyd Noble this Saturday!

Kye Clark 11 years, 4 months ago

If he's not at any risk to make it worse and he wants to go, let him play. I would assume that since he's practicing he's not in any danger of re-injuring it, but I don't know the medical aspect of it. If there's a chance he could make it worse or have a set-back, rest him.

fansincewilt 11 years, 4 months ago

It will be very good to see Thomas Robinson, a credit to this team, back on the floor again. I don't think I have ever seen a negative post on this website about Mr. Robinson. That alone is a credit. He is a great kid with a great positive attitude.

Mark Lindrud 11 years, 4 months ago

I would rather hear TRob is 100% good to go before we put him on the floor. This game or the next won't break us. I want us healthy and in the right mind set by the tournament so don't rush him back. Another week will be worth it for us and him. Remember, it is his knee, not ours.