1. Thomas Robinson: Played like a man who didn’t want his outstanding third and final season to end. Willed the team back into contention. Finished with 19 points and eight rebounds and committed just one foul.
2. Travis Releford: Made big-time positive contributions in a wire-to-wire clean game. Made 5 of 7 field goals, 1 of 1 three-pointers, 4 of 4 free throws, did not turn it over once, had an assist and two steals and totaled 15 points and six rebounds.
3. Elijah Johnson: Quietly cursed himself five times when he picked up his fourth foul with more than 12 minutes remaining, but overall had a terrific game, totaling 13 points and 10 rebounds. Confidently took it to the hoop and used his body well to ward off defenders. Made 6 of 9 shots.
4. Jeff Withey: Didn’t have the confidence to take it straight up a few times when he should have, but did a terrific job defensively. Might a replay of the game reveal he had more than the seven blocked shots for which he was credited? Defended Jared Sullinger into a 5-for-19 shooting night.
5. Tyshawn Taylor: Was thoroughly outplayed by Aaron Craft in the first half, but turned it around just in time to help his team finish strong. Made two free throws with eight seconds left, then stole the ball, then threw it away instead of dribbling out the clock. In short, a lot of cringe moments, and in the end another case of him steering the team to the finish line at the end. Dome three-point shooting totals: 0 for 20; 2012 overall NCAA tourney: 0 for 20; Career NCAA tourney: 3 for 40.
6. Kevin Young: His explosive leaping ability and non-stop hustle make him a terrific offensive rebounder. Four of his five rebounds in 11 minutes came off the offensive glass.
7. Conner Teahan: The benches combined to play 57 minutes and scored three points on Teahan’s shot with 8:20 left that drew KU within three points.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (336 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (311 points)
3. Jeff Withey (285 points)
4. Elijah Johnson (267 points)
5. Travis Releford (252 points)
6. Conner Teahan (192 points)
7. Kevin Young (173 points)
8. Justin Wesley (123 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (87 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (11 points)
11. Jordan Juenemann (9 points)