1. Tim Biere: As expected (see Cram Session), Biere’s talents translated to the better competition. He caught seven passes for 93 yards and a touchdown that gave Kansas the lead.
2. JaCorey Shepherd: True freshman streaked down the left sideline for a 68-yard touchdown.
3. D.J. Beshears: Outstanding leaping ability makes up for short stature. He caught four passes for 46 yards and returned a punt 15 yards to go along with his solid kick returns.
4. Jordan Webb: Lost a fumble and threw two interceptions (one telegraphed badly when he threw on the run), but also completed 25 of 36 passes for 316 yards and two touchdowns. He really does throw a pretty downfield pass.
5. Tony Pierson: Lost a fumble, but also scored a touchdown on a 31-yard run. He’s faster than a speeding train.
6. Toben Opurum: Looked so fast flying off the edge for a nine-yard sack.
7. Nick Sizemore: Blocked a punt.
8. James Sims: He never stops grinding and his ability to catch out of the backfield and deliver punishing blocks calls to mind former KU running back Clark Green, except that Sims has more talent.
9. Ron Doherty: Continues to showcase a strong foot. Averaged 46.2 yards per punt with a long of 59.
10. Jimmay Mundine: Guy’s got talent. A more dedicated approach to offseason conditioning could result in big things for him next season.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Tim Biere (30 points)
2. Jordan Webb (28 points)
3. James Sims (25 points)
4. D.J. Beshears (22 points)
T5. Darrian Miller (20 points)
T5. Tony Pierson (20 points)
7. JaCorey Shepherd (19 points)
T8. Tanner Hawkinson (13 points)
T8. Toben Opurum (13 points)
T10. Duane Zlatnik (12 points)
T10. Steven Johnson (12 points)
12. Brandon Bourbon (11 points)
T13. Keeston Terry (9 points)
T13. Jeremiah Hatch (9 points)
T15. Jeff Spikes (7 points)
T15. Kale Pick (7 points)
T17. Tunde Bakare (4 points)
T17. Nick Sizemore (4 points)
T19. Andrew Turzilli (3 points)
T19. Ron Doherty (3 points)
21. Marquis Jackson (2 points)
T22. Daymond Patterson (1 point)
T22. Jimmay Mundine (1 point)