Steven Johnson best Jayhawk against Sooners
1. Steven Johnson: He not only went horizontal for an interception, broke up a pass, had a tackle for a loss and was credited with a quarterback hurry, he also was in on 13 tackles. Afterward, he predicted Kansas wouldn’t lose another game. Oh well, he earned a scholarship after coming to Kansas as a walk-on, not because of his prognosticating abilities.
2. Darius Willis: Flew to the ball all night and was in on 10 tackles.
3. Darrian Miller: He bounced off tacklers repeatedly and made quick cuts on his way to 66 rushing yards and one touchdown on 15 carries.
4. Toben Opurum: Made his presence felt early and looked fast even against one of the fastest teams in the nation.
5. D.J. Beshears: Strong burner knows how to get open dashing down the sideline. His only catch went for 36 yards.
6. James Sims: Scored on a 56-yard run on a broken play and finished night with 75 rushing yards.
7. Tony Pierson: Gained 20 yards on three rushes and for the season is averaging 7.5 yards per carry. It’s time to expand his role, at least a little bit.
8. Bradley McDougald: Deflected a pass and was in on nine tackles.
9. Tyler Patmon: Exposed on a couple of plays but for the most part had an active night.
10. Victor Simmons: Forced a fumble and recovered it and had a hand in five tackles.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
T1. Tim Biere (30 points)
T1. James Sims (30 points)
T3. Jordan Webb (28 points)
T3. D.J. Beshears (28 points)
T3. Darrian Miller (28 points)
6. Tony Pierson (24 points)
7. Steven Johnson (22 points)
8. Toben Opurum (20 points)
9. JaCorey Shepherd (19 points)
10. Tanner Hawkinson (13 points)
11. Duane Zlatnik (12 points)
12. Brandon Bourbon (11 points)
T13. Darius Willis (9 points)
T13. Keeston Terry (9 points)
T13. Jeremiah Hatch (9 points)
T16. Jeff Spikes (7 points)
T16. Kale Pick (7 points)
T18. Tunde Bakare (4 points)
T18. Nick Sizemore (4 points)
T20. Bradley McDougald (3 points)
T20. Andrew Turzilli (3 points)
T20. Ron Doherty (3 points)
T23. Marquis Jackson (2 points)
T23. Tyler Patmon (2 points)
T25. Daymond Patterson (1 point)
T25. Jimmay Mundine (1 point)
T25. Victor Simmons (1 point)