Thomas Robinson's work on boards earn him top Keegan billing
1. Thomas Robinson: Even for a guy who averages 17.6 rebounds per 40 minutes, his board work in this one was outrageous. Robinson played 17 minutes and made the Tigers who tried to keep him off the boards look so much younger in totaling 15 points and 13 rebounds. Not many teams in the country, if any, can bring such a rebounding force off the bench.
2. Marcus Morris: Drilled a number of mid-range jumpers and hit the offensive boards hard and spread his production throughout the game in getting 21 points and 10 rebounds to more than compensate for five turnovers.
3. Tyrel Reed: During a timeout at a crucial juncture, KU coach Bill Self drew up a play designed to get Reed an open shot in the corner. Reed told Self, “I’ll make it,” and backed up his words hitting the biggest shot of the game and adding another memorable performance against Mizzou to his long list of them. Three-pointer from left corner put Kansas up seven points with 1:05 left.
4. Elijah Johnson: Kansas turned it over 24 times and not one of those was charged to Johnson, the primary ballhandler for his 26 minutes of action. As usual, his statistics (four points, two assists), didn’t reflect his value.
5. Tyshawn Taylor: Played terrific defense and mixed in three assists and one turnover in 17 minutes before fouling out. All four points came from the free-throw line.
6. Markieff Morris: Contributed 10 points and eight rebounds, but also had five turnovers.
7. Brady Morningstar: Had an opposite day, totaling seven rebounds and four turnovers. Looked a little tentative at times against Missouri’s pressure.
8. Mario Little: Didn’t score and had one rebound and two fouls in eight minutes.
9. Travis Releford: Played just one minute.
10. Josh Selby: In the past six games he’s made 9 of 34 field goals and 2 of 15 three-point shots. Looked confused in this one, and had three turnovers, including a couple thrown to the Missouri bench instead of Reed, the intended receiver. Played season-low seven minutes, all in the first half.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (256 points)
2. Markieff Morris (233 points)
3. Tyrel Reed (192 points)
4. Tyshawn Taylor (187 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (180 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (171 points)
7. Josh Selby (108 points)
8. Elijah Johnson (106 points)
9. Mario Little (103 points)
10. Travis Releford (100 points)
11. Jeff Withey (56 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (6 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (139 points)
2. Markieff Morris (117 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (114 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (110 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (78 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (77 points)
7. Mario Little (69 points)
8. Josh Selby (61 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (56 points)
10. Travis Releford (29 points)
11. Jeff Withey (23 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (2 points)