Non-jittery Tyrel Reed tops ratings against Boston
1. Tyrel Reed: Smart, loose and aggressive from the start, Reed totaled eight points, six rebounds, three assists and a steal and did not turn it over once. He was the one player who never looked nervous.
2. Marcus Morris: Shots weren't dropping in the first half, but he stayed aggressive and led the team in scoring and rebounding with 16 points and nine boards. Some players get a shot or two blocked and allow that to alter their shots. Marcus never alters his shot, never loses his aggressiveness.
3. Markieff Morris: Hit a huge three-pointer during a run of three threes in a row for Kansas. Shook a poor first half to play the best second half of anyone and finished with 15 points, eight rebounds and two assists.
4. Brady Morningstar: Forced it a little in the first half, but bounced back to have a strong game. Had 13 points, five rebounds and two assists and made 3 of 5 three-point shots.
5. Tyshawn Taylor: Played a little out of control early but settled down and used his quickness to get to the hoop. Had 10 points and seven assists and made 4 of 8 shots, including 2 of 5 three-pointers.
6. Thomas Robinson: Even when nervous, as he acknowledged he was after the game, Robinson gets the job done on the boards. Had six rebounds in 16 minutes.
7. Josh Selby: Had two quick buckets that helped Kansas to get going in the second half. He'll learn from the bad post pass that was intercepted. The 15 minutes he played could prove valuable in making him more comfortable when needed as KU gets deeper in the tournament.
8. Mario Little: Scored two points in four minutes and picked up a rebound.
9. Elijah Johnson: Committed four fouls to go with an assist and two steals in nine minutes.
10. Jeff Withey: Played just two minutes, time enough for a nice jam. His shot-blocking might be needed down the road.
11. Travis Releford: Missed all three shots he attempted.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (294 points)
2. Markieff Morris (262 points)
T3. Tyshawn Taylor (217 points)
T3. Tyrel Reed (217 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (208 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (193 points)
7. Mario Little (122 points)
8. Josh Selby (121 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (118 points)
10. Travis Releford (101 points)
11. Jeff Withey (57 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (6 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 and postseason standings
1. Marcus Morris (177 points)
2. Markieff Morris (146 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (142 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (135 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (108 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (99 points)
7. Mario Little (88 points)
8. Josh Selby (74 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (68 points)
10. Travis Releford (30 points)
11. Jeff Withey (24 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (2 points)