Marcus tops ratings for third straight game
1. Marcus Morris: Scored 13 of his 16 points in the second half and added 11 rebounds to lead KU’s comeback.
2. Tyrel Reed: Put together two good halves, made 4 of 7 three-point shots, mixed in three assists, did not have a turnover and scored 16 points.
3. Thomas Robinson: Supplied tremendous energy and power off the bench with nine points, five boards and three blocked shots in 15 minutes.
4. Brady Morningstar: Made two terrific plays that saved the ball from going out of bounds and soared to block a shot out of bounds that ranks as the best highlight play of his career. Looks completely lost shooting the ball and went 0 for 3, all three-point attempts, to go scoreless. He made a strong contribution in every area but scoring, contributing three assists and a steal.
5. Markieff Morris: Had seven points and seven boards, but exhibited questionable shot selection, missed both three-point shots and had three turnovers. Made some big plays down low late to compensate for one-point, one-rebound first half.
6. Tyshawn Taylor: Threw a horrendous pass out of bounds and was picked clean driving on his way to a two-assist, four-turnover day. Hasn’t been playing like a veteran of late.
7. Mario Little: Two points, two assists and a blocked shot came in handy, but he could have done a better job on the boards.
8. Elijah Johnson: Two turnovers early in his less-than-one-minute of second-half playing time spelled the end to his day.
9. Josh Selby: Didn’t play the final 16 minutes of the game and finished with four turnovers, three points and no assists in the roughest outing of his college career.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (137 points)
2. Markieff Morris (131 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (118 points)
4. Thomas Robinson (105 points)
5. Tyrel Reed (96 points)
6. Brady Morningstar (80 points)
7. Travis Releford (71 points)
8. Josh Selby (57 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (55 points)
10. Mario Little (44 points)
11. Jeff Withey (33 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (4 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (20 points)
2. Markieff Morris (15 points)
T3. Brady Morningstar (14 points)
T3. Tyrel Reed (14 points)
5. Thomas Robinson (11 points)
T6. Josh Selby (10 points)
T6. Mario Little (10 points)
8. Tyshawn Taylor (9 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (5 points)