1. Thomas Robinson: Both coaches used the word “patient” to describe the quality that enabled the junior forward to have a career day in which he contributed 30 points, 21 rebounds and four assists without turning it over. The word seldom has been used to describe the energetic, strong, quick post player whose shooting, ball-handling and passing have come so far since he arrived at KU. Considering how Robinson’s patient approach was rewarded, look for it to be used again. He even hit a three-pointer for the first time in his career.
2. Tyshawn Taylor: One of college basketball’s quickest players sped his way to 18 points, five assists and three turnovers.
3. Elijah Johnson: Couldn’t get his shot to drop and made just 2 of 10 three-pointers, but played well defensively, fed the post skillfully and finished with seven assists and just one turnover.
4. Travis Releford: Still a little to eager to jack three-pointers (1 of 4) and a little shaky as a ball-handler and passer, Releford took five of his seven rebounds off the offensive glass and scored 14 points.
5. Conner Teahan: Made just 1 of 6 three-pointers and had a defensive lapse or two, but did contribute nine points, three rebounds, three assists and two steals without turning it over.
6. Justin Wesley: Scoreless in six minutes, Wesley committed two fouls, turned it over once and picked up one rebound.
7. Jeff Withey: Remember the guy who played such a tough game against Duke (14 points, 10 rebounds)? Did anybody happen to see him Saturday? Had two points, two rebounds and two turnovers.
8. Kevin Young: The benching of Withey created an opportunity for playing time. Opportunity lost. Six minutes, one rebound, no defense.
9. Naadir Tharpe: Needs to have a big game to gain confidence. Looked a little confused in six minutes without a point or assist.
10. Merv Lindsay: Was it just me or was that all ball on the foul with which he was charged?
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (118 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (106 points)
3. Elijah Johnson (88 points)
4. Jeff Withey (86 points)
5. Travis Releford (81 points)
6. Conner Teahan (74 points)
7. Kevin Young (56 points)
8. Justin Wesley (54 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (32 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (7 points)