Deep three helps Collins to top of rankings
After each KU basketball game this season, this is where you can find out the hardwood equivalent of The Nielsen Ratings from Journal-World sports editor Tom Keegan. He'll rate the Jayhawk scholarship players' individual performances, telling you who was worth tuning in to watch. If you agree or maybe even differ, make sure to comment and tell Tom how you really feel. (Scoring: Each week, the top player in the ratings will be awarded 10 points. Second best gets nine points. Third best gets eight points, and so on and so on. The season standings are at the bottom.)
1. Sherron Collins: Fade-away three from way beyond the arc to beat the shot clock sent the crowd into a frenzy. Collins attempted just 12 shots and scored 22 points. Turnover total the past two games: Zero.
2. Cole Aldrich: Unmasked, Aldrich totaled 18 points, 12 rebounds and two blocked shots.
3. Markieff Morris: Made his shorter opponents look short, which is not always as easy as it sounds against the Cornhuskers. Had six points, nine rebounds, three blocked shots and a steal in 19 minutes.
4. Brady Morningstar: Had eight points, four boards, three assists, a steal and just one turnover. Made 2 of 3 three-point shots to push his season three-point percentage to .478.
5. Tyshawn Taylor: Made just 1 of 5 three-pointers, and had three turnovers.
6. Marcus Morris: Foul troubled limited him to 13 minutes, time enough to commit five turnovers.
7. Tyrel Reed: Didn’t score and had two turnovers.
8. Travis Releford: Scored three points in 11 minutes, but his habit of dribbling too much caused him to turn it over.
9. Mario Little: Forced it offensively and missed all four field goal attempts.
10. Quintrell Thomas: Picked up three rebounds in six minutes.
11. Tyrone Appleton: Played two minutes.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings (total points)
T1. Cole Aldrich (235 points)
T1. Sherron Collins (235 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (172 points)
4. Brady Morningstar (169 points)
5. Tyrel Reed (145 points)
6. Marcus Morris (144 points)
7. Markieff Morris (129 points)
8. Travis Releford (93 points)
9. Mario Little (75 points)
10. Quintrell Thomas (54 points)
11. Tyrone Appleton (27 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Conference Standings (total points)
1. Cole Aldrich (103 points)
2. Sherron Collins (101 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (79 points)
4. Tyshawn Taylor (70 points)
5. Mario Little (65 points)
6. Marcus Morris (64 points)
7. Tyrel Reed (61 points)
8. Markieff Morris (57 points)
9. Travis Releford (36 points)
10. Quintrell Thomas (12 points)
11. Tyrone Appleton (8 points)