Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Junior forward King likes KU

Kansas University basketball recruiting.

Kansas University basketball recruiting.

— V.J. King, a 6-7 junior small forward from Paul VI High in Fairfax, Virginia, tells Rivals.com he has heard from college basketball coaches from Kansas University, Kentucky, UConn, Florida, North Carolina, Louisville, Maryland and North Carolina State.

Rivals.com’s No. 18-rated player in the recruiting Class of 2016 played his sophomore season at St. Vincent St. Mary in Akron, Ohio.

“I’ll probably be committed (to a college) by the beginning of next year’s season,” King tells Eric Bossi of Rivals.com. “I’ll have a final list by the beginning of the summer.”

Bossi says King is “a long and rangy wing who is a pull-up jump shot specialist. He has added some strength and has decided that he needs to make better use of his size advantage as much as possible.”

More news and notes from Kansas at TCU

By the Numbers: Kansas wins 64-61 at TCU

By the Numbers: Kansas wins 64-61 at TCU

Comments

David Lara 6 years, 9 months ago

Is this a case of poor choice of title or is the article missing something?

Joe Ross 6 years, 9 months ago

I didnt get it either. I didnt see anything in the article where he talks about being high on the Jayhawks. Lost...

Jonathan Allison 6 years, 9 months ago

A quote from a third party stating that "he has heard from coaches from Kansas University".

Did he really say that he likes KU? I want to read that quote.

Jonathan Allison 6 years, 9 months ago

I'm sure Bedore didn't write the headline, but whoever did write the headline should have at least skimmed the news brief first.

RJ King 6 years, 9 months ago

Oh c'mon.

It's not like there was room to list Kentucky, UConn, Florida, North Carolina, Louisville, Maryland, North Carolina State, pizza, soda, cute girls, cool shoes, twitter, sports, video games, the beach, puppies . . .

New headline suggestion: "Kansas Fans Like to Criticize."

Len Shaffer 6 years, 9 months ago

People have every right to criticize a headline that has nothing whatsoever to do with what's in the article.

Greg Ledom 6 years, 9 months ago

Although I would agree that this falls into the who gives a crap category, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would also suggest that if you added every NCAA school to your statement it would be more holistic and accurate. I would further suggest that the fact he has us on his list suggests that he 'likes' us. In my opinion of course.

Steve Zimmerman 6 years, 9 months ago

I read articles more than listening to smart- too smart - fans at kusports.net, but they got good posts. Perhaps kusports.com can learn from them.

Perhaps you guys can start following up what's really going on in KU's recruiting trail. Have a standalone link, such as 'Hawks in NBA'. I didn't even know this until I came across one of .net posts: http://247sports.com/Player/Billy-Preston-38360

edited

my bad, you do have 'Recruiting' link. but it's just a bunch of articles.

Brian Wilson 6 years, 9 months ago

I sure hope your namesake (Stephen Zimmerman) signs with KU for next year! Go Hawks!