Originally published February 28, 2013 at 03:24p.m., updated March 1, 2013 at 02:18a.m.

Jayhawks flocked to Elijah Johnson in victorious locker room

Call from dad most meaningful in wake of 39-point game; Self, Elijah forgive Iowa State

Kansas head coach Bill Self gives a congratulatory pat to Elijah Johnson after the Jayhawks' 108-96 overtime win over Iowa State on Monday, Feb. 25, 2013 at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa.

Elijah Johnson, who has orchestrated several postgame locker room celebrations for various Kansas University basketball teammates this season, on Monday was the honoree in Iowa State’s Hilton Coliseum.

“I knew our guys liked Elijah, but I didn’t realize how much they respected him and liked him until after the game. I have never seen a group of guys more happy for one guy than they were for Elijah,” KU coach Bill Self said of senior point guard Johnson, who was mobbed by his buddies behind closed doors after conducting a postgame ESPN interview.

Johnson, who scored 39 points in KU’s overtime victory against Iowa State, admits he was touched by the mob scene.

“A lot of times I’m trying to be the one to hype somebody up or shoot good feelings to somebody else. I’m usually not the one everybody’s doing it for. I’m not used to it being me,” Johnson said. “My team made me feel good. They cheered me on the whole time, told me, ‘good job.’ That’s all I had to hear from them at the time.”

Johnson has received a batch of text messages and phone calls since his explosive scoring effort.

“It might sound simple and boring but my dad. That was a person I was looking forward to hearing from,” Johnson said of his most special call. “He knows how to get that smile out of me and make me feel a certain way, I guess you could say.”

While feeling love from Jayhawk nation, Johnson experienced hate from two Cyclone students who sent him racist and threatening Twitter messages. Amid an ISU investigation into the students’ behavior, ISU student government president Jared Knight sent an apology to KU’s chancellor and athletic department on Wednesday.

“Definitely,” Johnson said, asked if he accepted the apology. “I mean at the end of the day they are fans. They care. I am past it. I think we all should be past it. I think it’s in the past.

“I honestly am not having a hard time dealing with it because I am real good with blocking out the negative stuff,” he added “It’s something about being able to man up and not pay attention to certain things. That’s what I’ve always been able to do. My dad taught me that at a young age so I don’t feed into certain things you’d think the average person would. I think it’s that simple honestly.”

KU coach Bill Self also accepts the apology. “The Iowa State student body has responded in a way that left no doubt where they stood on the things that were said and the issues. That’s good enough for me,” Self said.

Here’s a copy of the letter from Knight, president of the student body of Iowa State, to KU officials:

“At approximately 10:45 p.m., on Monday, Feb. 25, two Iowa State students began tweeting a series of reprehensible and disgusting messages toward the University of Kansas basketball team and one player in particular. Though the individuals’ accounts have been deleted, those messages contained threats of violence as well as derogatory, racial slurs. Another tweet today made similar comments toward one of the referees — an African-American — from the game.

“On behalf of all students of Iowa State University, I apologize to Elijah Johnson, the students at the University of Kansas and anyone else who read these hateful and disgusting tweets. I am embarrassed to be associated with these individuals and I unequivocally condemn their statements. This conduct is so far removed from the open-minded and accepting culture of Iowa State students that I have witnessed in my four years on campus.

“That there are people who still think, talk and act like these students is stunning to me, and it sadly reminds us that there is much work to do in eliminating racism and violence from our society. These individuals are a disgrace to our student body and our university, and we sincerely apologize to everyone affected by this incident.”

ISU’s dean of students, Pamela Anthony, told the Ames Tribune she could not comment on any specific actions the university may take as a result of an investigation of the tweets. Deputy Chief Rob Bowers of the ISU Department of Public Safety told the Tribune his office is involved, but it is unknown if criminal charges will be filed. Anthony told the AP the school is “repulsed by the derogatory and threatening statements.”

Wise statement?: Self questioned the Big 12’s deciding to issue a statement that indicated the officials in Monday’s game will have future assignments reassessed for mistakes made in the game.

“I really believe and I’m not speaking behind the Big 12 office’s back, that I think we’re on the verge of crossing the line, that I think isn’t good,” Self said. “I am concerned that now we’ve opened up Pandora’s box that now anytime something happens in the future, we have to make a comment about it. I always thought you handled your situations in-house. Since we put out that there will be some type of disciplinary action possibly, now the next thing is, all you guys (media) are going to wonder, ‘Tell us what that is. What is it?’ All it does is open up for more questions. I’m not saying right, wrong, indifferent. What I’m saying is that I think we’ve opened ourselves up now to different things.”

Self said he hadn’t been told by the league office which of the officials’ calls were incorrect.

“We were the beneficiary of the one play that received all the attention because it was game point,” Self said of a no-call on a possible charge by Johnson, noting there were “other plays in the game, too.”

When asked if the NCAA instead of the conferences should handle officiating, Self said; ‘I think a lot of coaches would love getting it under one umbrella ... the rules are the same; it’s just that style sometimes dictates a little differently how it’s called. You get to the NCAA Tournament and there’s no more style. You call the game the way the rules are written.”

1,000 wins unlikely: Self, who has 500 coaching victories, was asked if he’ll stick around long enough to win 500 more. “There will not be another 500, unless they allow us to start playing 80 games a year. That would be the only way. That means that I would have to coach a long time. I would have to coach until I am your (media member) age and I don’t want to do that, so I don’t think that will happen,” Self said with a smile.

Comments

Lance Hobson 1 year, 1 month ago

A lot of people in Vegas are talking about Elijah's big game. Way to make the home city proud!

Jeff Kilgore 1 year, 1 month ago

I haven't done any formal calculations, but it feels as though Self will get to 1,000 in just a few years, right?

FearlessJayhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

Is that Elijah Johnson spitting or throwing up on Bill Self's hand?

Raydude 1 year, 1 month ago

I think there are way too many posts...........obviously ......some KU Fans need a place to vent and unwind ..............

WOW....What a Game ....Both ...Teams.!!!

Phoghorn 1 year, 1 month ago

This. Game. Will. Not. Die. It. Seems.

PVJayhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

isu (and mu):

Every night and every morn Some to misery are born. Every morn and every night Some are born to sweet delight. Some are born to sweet delight, Some are born to endless night.

JayhawkRock78 1 year, 1 month ago

Mizzou and Wichita State should meet, but put them in another bracket.

Richard Wright 1 year, 1 month ago

At the risk of someone already commenting on this...have you seen the latest bracket on ESPN as projected by Joe Lunardi? KU #1 in south, facing either Mizzou or Wichita St in the second round (in KC). WOW!!!

Steve Gantz 1 year, 1 month ago

With all the apologies floating around or demands for apologies here I'd like to offer a few myself.

-I'm sorry to my wife for yelling every 5 minutes or so when another bad call happened. -I demand an apology from the refs for making those calls every five minutes. -I'm sorry to Jaybate just because. -I demand an apology from Jaybate just because. -I'm sorry to Fred Hoibergs kid for making him cry. -I demand an apology from the ISU players for giving up a sizable lead in the last couple of minutes and making him cry. -I'm sorry to ESPN for ..oh forget it. -I demand an apology from ESPN for their monopoly on sports and ruining the coverage of it with incredible bias and pandering to tthe east coast masses. -I apologize to my employer for doing this while 'working' right now. -I demand an apology from my employer from not allowing more time to take care of these important matters. -I apologize to Jeff Withey for doubting you several years ago. -I demand an apology from Jeff Withey for making us doubt him several years ago. -I apologize to KUSports.com for using up countless megabytes of memory on their server with this mindless post. -I demand an apologize from KUSports.com for allowing us to use up their megabytes of memory with this drivel.

Scott Smetana 1 year, 1 month ago

Randle on the phone, "Hey BMac, I'm thinking of committing to KU for next year. You going to stick around?" BMac - "Man, I dunno. My Mom sure could use a big house." Randle - "Understood, but it could be the best year of your life at KU while we rule the land." BMac - "Very true, and I could work on my inside game. I doubt I'll lean much next year playing 10 min a game." Randle - "I'm in if you're in." BMac - "I just spoke to my Mom on the other line. She said she's comfortable for now and I should stick around 1 more year." Randle - "Rock Chalk Championship."

WindmillGIANT 1 year, 1 month ago

I for one would hope that if the tables were turned, that KU would make such a statement as well. Fair or not fair, many people associate Kansas with being flat, boring, anti-science education, and the home of the Westboro Baptist Church. In fact, I've had many arguments with people from the east who claimed that Kansas was a southern and not a midwestern state. Again, for or not fair, we all know the connotations that "the south" still has. In fact, it's really kind of stupid when Big XII fans insult other states and schools in the conference about being "hicks", because sadly, the other 200 million people in the U.S. who don't live in the Midwest, think the whole region is "hicks" and that "hick" means stupid and bigoted. I'd want KU to loudly distance themselves from fan behavior such as this and to make it clear that we didn't think that racial slurs and violent threats were just people "getting a little carried away." A little over two months ago, twenty 5-year old children got ripped apart by an assault rifle and racial slurs resonate with centuries of violence against minorities. There are still many people alive today who lived in a time when a racial slur might have been the last thing someone heard right before being lynched. This is isn't ancient history and it isn't a joke.

Kevin Huffman 1 year, 1 month ago

prediction:

Kansas 70 West Virginia 54

I feel like it's Ben's turn for a big game again. Look for him to have 22 of those 70. But I still expect another decent game from Elijah (like 15 or 16). So those two combined will have ~ 1/2 our pts. Withey had an AWESOME 1st half last time against them.....I think they'll be focused on shutting him down. I look for a good G game for us this go-round. Last time we had some BAD TO's otherwise we'd've likely won in a blowout even at their place.

dhinkansas 1 year, 1 month ago

It was a great game...classic in many aspects. It's not the first game of the year with lousy calls/non calls, and it won't be the last. The Big 12 office should have handled it internally and I don't see ESPN going on such a tirade when Duke gets calls or non calls.

ISU had plenty of chances to put the game away, but these hawks are resilient.

dhinkansas 1 year, 1 month ago

ISU had plenty of chances to put the game away, but these hawks are resilient.

Keith Hummel 1 year, 1 month ago

I hope we don't get hyper-sensitive about our opponent's fans and blow this thing with ISU out of proportion. Some of this behavior (e.g. the things they say or wear, and the signs they hold up) is just spirited competition. Sure, sometimes it gets a little out of hand (I'm old enough to remember the "banana incident", for example) but usually it just serves to fuel a rivalry. Rivalries are good, passionate fans are good, disdain for your opponent is good. Even insulting chants, shirts, and signs can be good, especially if they're clever. Death threats, racial slurs, and physical provocations, on the other hand, are bad. But let's not become thin-skinned about everything that's said and done in the heat of competition just because a few knuckleheads crossed the line.

Tony Bandle 1 year, 1 month ago

Random Thoughts from the past two days.

1] Holly Rowe is really cute...in a "Miss Piggy sort of way."

2] Indy #1, Michigan #3 and Duke #5 go down in defeat this week...look out.... here comes Kansas!!

3] I think we just lost Randle and Wiggins when they saw those uniforms.

4] "adidas" is Italian for "ones who have no sense of color, scale, design or fashion."

5] KANSAS UNIVERSITY...we haven't had a 100 post argument about this for awhile, so it's about time.

6] Bonnie must go..I nominate Jessica Biel as her replacement....she can't coach either but who would care!!

7] Just a reminder to all you schools going to the Catholic Conference..... it's a Friday during Lent so fish only!!

8] C'mon Nick..how about a close-up of that Iowa State mad fan's humiliated wife in the background!!

9] Kansas 85, The West Virginia Huggies 66.

leonard 1 year, 1 month ago

"a statement that indicated the officials in Monday’s game will have future assignments reassessed for mistakes made in the game"

Indicated? What a load of crap.

Nothing will happen to these officials except possibly to change assignments to keep them out of ISU for a while...and it won't be for punishment...it'll be for the benefit of the officials just to keep them out of harms way for a while.

Conference officials are in inbred group of good ole boys interested in only one thing...keeping the lucrative pay checks rolling in. Curtis Shaw as the supervisor of officials? That's like putting John Brown in charge of reconstruction.

If their performance in the ISU game from opening tap to the end of OT was really objectively reviewed the only conclusion would be a failing grade and their future career as Big12 officials in jeopardy.

The more likely scenario is that behind closed doors, Shaw will tell them not to worry...just keep your heads down...it'll all blow over and you'll be back to business as usual.

I'll be glad to eat my words when some type of definitive punishment is announced...not just "indicated".

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

somebody mentioned it already, but if you didn't catch it you should check out the Miami Heat Harlem Shake.

Mario is dressed up in a red shirt, and blue jean bib overalls complete with super mario gloves and hat.

soapisurfriend 1 year, 1 month ago

I heard Jamari's puppy died, and ISU students had signs mocking it. That's just terrible.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

Interesting article about player safety today on fox sports. At first it's funny because of Coach K and Duke spouting off at Va fans. But it brings up a really good point. In a court storming situation, the losing team needs to be ushered off the court quickly and safely. Interesting that Bill Self was talking about player safety after we win at ISU because "the fans were too close to the players".

Duke and Kansas know what it's like to have the court stormed. It's sad that fans can't just celebrate the win without hurling insults and attacks at the losing team.

FearlessJayhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

With all of this publicity and over reaction about questionable calls made by the refs, watch for some bad calls to go against the Jayhawks during the NCAA tournament. It will be pay-back time.

Greg Ledom 1 year, 1 month ago

First of all the apology was well constructed. There's only so much you can say when addressing stupid, and as we all know; you can't fix stupid. Thanks Ron White

Second, I attended an ISU game in Ames during Ted Owens last year. That's 1983 for some of you kids not born yet. The students I was around were not very pleasant then either. And yes, there is stupid at every university.

Third, the contract with Addidas is up after this year. Will be interesting to see who we re-up with.

Fourth, bring on that 9th regular season championship. This team has found it's groove, and if Elijah is "back", it will be an interesting finish through March and into April.

JHK4EVR

mattiesdad 1 year, 1 month ago

Not one person seems to have commented on the most alarming aspect of this article. On a far too regular basis over the last 6-8 months, Coach has been commenting on how he does not want to coach that long. He's talking like a man who may not have 5 years left in him. At a minimum, I had hoped he would break Coach Allen's record and add a couple more NCs. It is conceivable to think that recruits could begin to interpret. Bottom line, he's such a good man and he's been so good for KU. Obviously, the day will come, but it's alarming to keep hearing the reminders that make it sound like the day may be far sooner than we would all want.

Cora Smith 1 year, 1 month ago

Self and Elijah have forgiven Iowa State, but, have Self and Elijah forgive each other? Every picture I see of the two of them, they do not make eye contact and their body language is not he friendliest. Did Self cross the line with Elijah?

Joseph Bullock 1 year, 1 month ago

I hope everyone had a chance to watch Sports Center (SC) last night. The Miami Heat performed their version of the Harlem Shake, and SC showed part of the K.U., Harlem Shake Video, as a "Lead In", to Miami's version. Rock Chalk, Baby!

Joseph Bullock 1 year, 1 month ago

Does anyone know if Rio Adams flocked to E.J. and congratulate him in the locker room after the Iowa State game? lol I wonder if Rio now realizes that there is a reason a coach sticks with their veterans, who they have grown to trust, over time? If he is ever an upper class man (hopefully at K.U.), and goes through a slump, I bet he would not want Coach to replace him.

Ralster Jayhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

I like that Elijah is emotionally strong about all of this. He is like "John Wayne toilet paper": Rough. Tough. And wont take crap off of nobody! All the while dropping a load of "39" on em...

Joe Baker 1 year, 1 month ago

Moving right along and focused on the game Saturday against Huggie Bear's team. It's time for a another statement win. I want WVU to experience what TCU tasted in Lawrence.

EJ, man up. Rel, focus. Withey, get the Stank Face. BMac, make yourself at home. And Young, get the fro ready. Game On.

Joe Baker 1 year, 1 month ago

upinsmoke 1 year, 1 month ago

Now that there will be no reversal of the outcome, we can now come clean. This was all an elaborate setup to keep us tied with K State. HCBS knew the Jayhawks were in for a tough game, so he called the Morris Twins and Jeff Graves to take out two of the officials. Into their place he put in Brady Morningstar and Tyrel Reed, knowing that the game would come down to a call/no call in the last few seconds. This move paid off when EJ drove the lane drawing a blocking call on Niang. Knowing that ISU can't play in overtime games Coach Self had them where he wanted them.This kept us tied with KSU, and since the Jayhawks have beaten them twice, they hold the tie breaker. This also gives the Mizzou crowd something to bitch about, Kansas getting everything, since they have had their a$$es handed to them in both football and basketball in the SEC. Yes , Bill Self is a cunning coach, and the ISU booster had it figured out, but the police stopped him from bringing it to light. Now he looks like a fool and everyone is apologizing to KU. This, people, was a stroke of genious.

dewclw 1 year, 1 month ago

I DON'T AGREE!!!!! With all the Violent behaviour in the U.S. lately, those threatening comments should be taken seroiusly by Law enforement in Iowa and possibly Kansas as well. With all the violent acts occurring any threat should be investigated and prosecuted as well. People need to understand that threats and violence will NOT be tolerated by anyone toward anyone else just because they are angry about something. It has to stop now. Jail time might send a strong message that you can't get mad and vent whatever you want without consequences.

stm62 1 year, 1 month ago

Why should a person have to apologize for some other IDIOTS mistakes?

lawrenceloser 1 year, 1 month ago

Hands down ISu is much worse then KSu.

lawrenceloser 1 year, 1 month ago

I'm looking forward to getting into it with the Clone fans at the Big 12 tourney.

GortHawker 1 year, 1 month ago

It's tough getting beat all the time, it gets to you, you lose your cool, and maybe a little to much Iowa corn liquor helps.

Nordhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

I think the apologies are great!! Let's take them for what they are and move on.

The one thing I was disappointed with was the shirts worn by many in the student body "If you hate KU, breathe."

I really didn't think that was necessary. Somebody from Missouri has infiltrated Ames.

JayHawkFanToo 1 year, 1 month ago

On a brighter note Penn State beating Michigan helps KU, since anyone that brings up the loss at TCU will also have to address the Michigan loss to Penn State.

Jack Wilson 1 year, 1 month ago

Do we really need an apology?

No. ISU didn't sanction that crap. It's typical liberal mentality ... it makes them feel better to apologize for idiots that they have no control over. They sleep better. They nod their heads approvingly at their thoughtful actions. They think it means something, that they have righted a wrong. But they .. ISU .. didn't do anything. It is a waste of time and effort. Save the whales. Earth Day. Coexist.

At least this effort to make everyone feel better didn't cost us any tax dollars.

blindrabbit 1 year, 1 month ago

Little surprised that Coach Hoiberg didn't anticipate some problems and "put" out the warnings: (1) disruptive crowd before the game, (2) F-bombing the KU team and fans throughout the game (his 4 kids ought to be proud), (3) Trowing trash at KU ala MU and KSU, (4) Hoiberg offering no post-game admonishments, (5) Hoiberg offering pre-game comments that Hilton is one of the "underrated arenas" in the country, guess he prooved that. Always gave ISU a "pass" compared to MU and KSU, need to re-think that now.He's got to learn from MU, "you live by the three, you die by the three"

Vernon Riggs 1 year, 1 month ago

If we are accepting apologies for past wrongs, then here are some people that should be contacting Kansas Athletic Department very soon: Gerry McNamara, WSU’s Mike Jones The Antlers Ali Farokhmanesh DeAndre Daniels Lew Perkins Brock Berglund And of course, Jack Henry.

Kirkwood 1 year, 1 month ago

Last few comments are from ISU trolls for sure. Stay on your own board where you can kiss the clASS of the ISU Student Body President all you want.

iamakufan 1 year, 1 month ago

Very classy act by the ISU Student Body President.

LngTimeFan 1 year, 1 month ago

Classy of ISU. I always thought they were better than the behavior demostrated this week. I can imagine the horror when it dawned on them how MU'ish or KSU'ish they were acting. Good for them, let's move on to the last games and the B12 Tourney, and beyond!

blindrabbit 1 year, 1 month ago

Bet these two ISU students will be proud to defend their comments at some future job interview or in their resume' wording as to extracurricular activities.

Alan Braun 1 year, 1 month ago

People in Iowa are passionate about their sports and they have long memories. I live in Des Moines and have a job that brings me into contact with the general public every day. There are still some folks who, when they find out that I'm a KU alum, start ventilating about how we "stole" Kirk Hinrich and Nick Collison from them. They seem to forget that both ISU and UI were going through coaching changes at the time, and they decommitted when the coaches who had recruited them left. Reminding them doesn't usually make much difference.

I too would like to know what ISU is going to do about the guy who charged Coach Self? Probably not much since he's a big donor. However he's also received a distinguished service award recently from the ISU Alumni Association and been on their Board of Directors, so his behavior reflects more directly on the university than a few wingnut students posting on twitter.

Bill Shaw 1 year, 1 month ago

Next, there should be an apology from ESPN to the NCAA officials for dwelling on 2 no calls. Ask any Division 1 starter if a ref has ever made a bad call on them. I think the response would be unanimous.

kay_you 1 year, 1 month ago

An entire university apologizing for the behavior of 3 people. I can guarantee with absolute certainty that these 3 fans exist at every university. Hopefully they never rear their ugly head at KU.

Raydude 1 year, 1 month ago

When Confederate General Robert E. Lee surrendered to Union General Ulysses S. Grant the terms were: No Reprisals, No trials for treason, the confederate soldiers were to go to their homes and obey the laws where they reside.

This was a very emotional game for some Iowa State Fans. I would ask that Iowa State University be as magnanimous as General Grant, and let the fans return to normal lives, without harassment from authorities.

Kirkwood 1 year, 1 month ago

Shallow apology when there is no mention of the court-side attempted assualt of Coach Bill Self by the ISU booster buster. Nor was there a mention of the fans pelting KU players with debris from the stands! This public apology was nothing more than the hollow shell of a politically correct action!!

Both teams played their hearts out Monday night and delivered one of the most exciting college BB games of the season thus far. As in every contest, someone's heart is going to be broken. Not one play took this victory from ISU,,, Not one play gifted this victory to KU,,, It was hard fought from the opening tip to the final buzzer of OT. Poor officiating all night on both sides of the ball. Great play by ALL the guys on BOTH teams. Rock Chalk Jayhawks, I'm proud to be represented by such a classy group of young men. Thanks for the magical night EJ!

Born_And_Raised_A_KU_Fan 1 year, 1 month ago

Apology not accepted. Iowa State has a long history of classless behavior toward Kansas, and this is perhaps the most egregious instance. I have always hated ISU, and now perhaps I hate Iowa State more than any other team except Duke and Arizona.

jaybate 1 year, 1 month ago

"Some Utterly Implausible Explanations for Rogue Behavior of a Few ISU Students"

~Eating too much GM corn on the cob.

~HAARP in Gakona strikes again.

~MK/Ultra still trying to matriculate a few flawed St. Elizabeth's experiments.

~Round-Up tainted weed just starting to hit Ames.

~Sun Spots.

~SSRIs titrated up too high AGAIN.

~Campus parking tickets dusted with Ames strain of anthrax bacterium made them first sick, then crazy, then Tweeters.

~Al Qaeda 2.0 made them do it.

~Syrian rebels receiving $60M in nonlethal aid from SecState John Kerry made them do it.

~Mrs. Eleanor Iselin and the Queen of Diamonds made them do it.

~First pope to resign in 600 years planted the tweets to distract folks from the story about the $1.8 billion reputedly moved inexplicably from IOR (a Vatican bank) to a Milan affiliate of JP Morgan over the last 18 months.

~Illuminati infiltrating ISU to start shaping conference realignment made them do it as a loyalty test.

~Bad Dobby conspiracy.

~Testosterone.

(Note: All fiction. No malice.)

Woody Cragg 1 year, 1 month ago

EJ sure has a much thicker hide than most 22 yr olds. Hell, I would've been lookin for em'. Took me many years to get good common sense.

Chris Bruning 1 year, 1 month ago

Who's got the W? is what the young boy asked me. Who's got the W? is what the old man asked me. Who's got the W, natty jayhawks, what are we looking for?? Wins samilia

neworleans 1 year, 1 month ago

Iowa does not seem to like KU; just because they got their a$$ handed to them!

cajayfan 1 year, 1 month ago

Oh yeah, if you have time after whining about the important uniform issue, could you please tweet Fran Fraschilla and ask him what he thinks about his "classy Iowa State" fans now?!

cajayfan 1 year, 1 month ago

Suspensions only, are they serious?! It would have cost most of us our jobs. Hopefully ISU knows something we don't know about these fine upstanding young men, like they were saints up to this point, but I doubt it. I hope they at least made sure they don't own guns. In today society with campus violence, this warrants an investigation by the police.

cajayfan 1 year, 1 month ago

They still need to make a statement regarding their fan's behaviour.

Email their AD at jbp@iastate.edu

nuleafjhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

I want an apology from Adidas for what they are about to do to us.

clevelandjayhawker 1 year, 1 month ago

I would like an apology from the refs for the first 39 mins of the game and one from isu for the "F___ KU" chant, one for an alum even coming near our coach, one for throwing stuff on our players as they left the court, one for the alley oop that when in.........

tis4tim 1 year, 1 month ago

My only issue with this whole incident is the deletion of the offending Twitter posts. The framers of the constitution did not delete amendments that were later nullified. They left them in place for all to see so they could be forever reminded of past mistakes.

The same should be true for these two idiots. Don't delete the posts. Leave them out there with names, handles and/or faces attached so everyone can see who they're dealing with. I'd suspect a few lost job opportunities and lost friends would make these dolts wise up and realize how important it is to measure your words before uttering them.

brutus 1 year, 1 month ago

Although I am thrilled that we won both games with Iowa State, I would like to apologize for how we won them. One was pure slop and the other a really bad no-call. Thanks for the gifts.

Phoghorn 1 year, 1 month ago

I am glad that they are addressing that tweet from the third guy. That one was just as disgusting. I posted a link about it yesterday, but it got removed. No hard feelings to kusports.com for pulling it. Looking back on it, I can understand why it was TOSsed.

rockwall 1 year, 1 month ago

What about Melvin and Kathy?

Phoghorn 1 year, 1 month ago

If the apology is good enough for Coach Self and Elijah Johnson, then it is good enough for me. Let us hope that cooler heads are prevailing. KU-ISU has always been a clean rivalry - let's hope it stays that way.