Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Keegan

No place like home: Vegas oddsmaker talks KU’s advantage of fans, fieldhouse

The cluster of Kansas students add to the roar of the Fieldhouse during the second half on Monday, Jan. 16, 2012 at Allen Fieldhouse.

The man on the other end of the phone sets betting lines on sporting events for a Las Vegas hotel casino. He has some news that might shock you, so you might want to sit down.

How many points, I asked Jay Kornegay of LVH (formerly known as Las Vegas Hilton), is Allen Fieldhouse worth this season, compared to a neutral court, when setting a line?

“Probably five, five-and-a-half points,” said Kornegay, who has been working in Las Vegas for 23 years. “That’s maybe a tad above average for a Kansas team during the Bill Self era.”

The five/five-and-a-half point edge means the swing in a home-and-home series with a school that has a similar home-court advantage would be 10 to 12 points.

“There are certain schools that actually don’t have a home-court advantage,” Kornegay said. “There’s just nobody there. I know it’s kind of hard for you guys out in Kansas to picture that, but TCU’s a prime example.”

The intimacy of Allen Fieldhouse and the noise generated by the paying customers play a part in Kansas having a higher home-court edge than most schools. A big edge for another school might be traced to other factors.

“Syracuse is a lot bigger (home-court advantage) than people think,” Kornegay said. “That dome is just ridiculous. It’s like a military facility. There’s no back-drop or anything. It’s hard for shooters to judge.”

The point total of the two teams, commonly known as over-under, is a popular proposition as well. During the NCAA Tournament, halftime over-under wagers draw a lot of action, he said.

“When the Final Four goes to the Superdome, those numbers are adjusted (down), especially in the first half,” Kornegay said.

Computer rankings are the starting point in establishing a line for those charged with that responsibility. It gets adjusted from there based the site and on conversations co-workers have with each other. Days after the game took place, Kornegay shared the thinking on setting a line for the Jan. 16 game in Allen Fieldhouse between Baylor and Kansas.

Baylor came to Kansas with a 17-0 record and ranked third in the nation. The LVH line opened at seven points, which seemed high considering KU had lost three games, including one to Davidson at Sprint Center.

“Baylor was undefeated and ... ” I started to say to Kornegay when he interrupted.

“Don’t say it,” Kornegay said. “Don’t say it.”

I said it: “Ranked third in the nation.”

“Those rankings,” Kornegay said, “no matter what sport we’re talking about, they are useless. They are useless as far as setting a line. If Kansas were to play Baylor at a neutral site, we don’t look at the rankings. Do I look at them? Yeah, I just kind of laugh at them a little.”

Smelling salts, please. Not only do I vote in the Associated Press poll, I picked Baylor to win that game. Kansas won, 92-74.

So why did the spread open at a greater KU advantage than just the home-court differential?

“If you’re going to ask me who’s going farther in the tournament, my money’s on Kansas,” Kornegay said. “It’s in Lawrence. Baylor is No. 3 and undefeated. I don’t think Kansas looks past that. You knew Kansas would be highly motivated, which they were. A traditional power at home, and you’ve got not a traditional power coming in there, undefeated and ranked higher than you — you want to prove something for sure. In that kind of environment, it’s tough for Baylor to go in and stay close.”

That’s the way the line-setters saw it, but not the betting public. By game time, the spread had gone down to 5.5 points. Kornegay dispelled a myth about the goal of line-setters, which we all always have been told is to draw equal money on both teams. By doing so, the house would always profit because for the one placing the wager, winning $100 requires betting $110.

“Our goal is to win more than we lose,” Kornegay said. “That’s what we try to do. It’s rare that you have a game that you have equal action on both sides. Is that what the line’s supposed to do? Yeah. It rarely happens. I would say one out of 10 games we look at and say ‘It doesn’t matter who wins, we’re going to win (because there is roughly equal money on both sides).’”

The reaction to the seven-point spread didn’t surprise the oddsmakers.

“I would say most of the tickets were on Baylor, no doubt about it,” Kornegay said. “We heard them talking about it on the other side of the counter, and they were saying what we thought they would say, ‘Undefeated, ranked third. I can’t believe it. This doesn’t make sense.’”

The folks setting the lines have to take into consideration more than the average bettor’s anticipated reaction.

“We have to protect against the sharps,” Kornegay said.

The sharps?

“The professionals, the wise guys,” Kornegay said, meaning the hard-core, serious gamblers who come armed with research and a knack for picking games. “They have their opinions as well. Most of our lines are to keep those guys in check. Most of the money that comes in on a daily basis is from these types of players.”

He’s not talking about the sportswriters who vote in the Associated Press poll. We already know what he thinks about our ability to capture the relative strength of basketball teams. He’s talking about gamblers who try to make a living outsmarting the oddsmakers.

“The guys who really know the game, not the general public, not the guy who looks at Baylor being undefeated and ranked third,” Kornegay said. “We’re concerned about giving our attention toward the sharp plays, and that’s where we need to split that action. If we win half of those, we win.”

He used a Murray State vs. Morehead State game as an example of one the “sharps” like to play on a night when most other bettors ignore it and wager on Vanderbilt against Alabama.

Kornegay debunked one more myth: The oddsmakers are always right.

“People tend to remember the games where we’re close,” he said. “They don’t remember us when Davidson beats Kansas.”

Comments

manginorh00lz 2 years, 10 months ago

Is Keegan finally learning that Polls Do Not Matter?

Brianna Zaleski 2 years, 10 months ago

Benjamin Piehler 2 years, 10 months ago

We should have a caption contest as to what the original reply said haha

Brianna Zaleski 2 years, 10 months ago

WilburNether 2 years, 10 months ago

No, I very much doubt that he's learning that. Polls are creations of the news media to give foolish journalists (print, radio, and TV) something to write and talk about, and thereby make money for the media organs that employ them (i.e., sell newspapers and advertising).

In terms of evaluating teams, polls are stupid nonsense, just as the Las Vegas professional indicated.

jaybate 2 years, 10 months ago

Dear mangiloid,

I did not give you a single rejected comment. :-)

JJHawq 2 years, 10 months ago

"I would have bet one of my chins it would have been worth more like eight or nine points."

That's funny stuff right there...

Bangkok_Jayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Stole my post! Funniest thing I have read in a while.

JJHawq 2 years, 10 months ago

That was a very interesting article - thanks TK!

SaltLakeHawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Thanks Tom, great article. Thought-provoking.

Chandler James 2 years, 10 months ago

This is extremely rare of something Tom Keegan writes, but this article was quite informative and interesting.

jhox 2 years, 10 months ago

What are the odds of a Keegan article being followed by so many complementary posts? The Vegas odds makers would not have fared well on that bet.

Ben Kane 2 years, 10 months ago

entertaining read. i would have liked to know how much they take into account some of the advanced metrics that newell is always giving.

tk seems to have turned a new leaf this year with his articles. i don't think vegas wants his chins though.

Martin Rosenblum 2 years, 10 months ago

I wonder how much stock the oddsmakers put on a team having an assistant coach who was on the opposing team's staff the previous year? That would tend to give a certain advantage, I would think.

Chris Shaw 2 years, 10 months ago

LOL! Probably not the 19 points A&M was getting!

Tom Longhofer 2 years, 10 months ago

In the '70's I thought Allen was worth 40 points. We'd lose by 41 points away and by one point at home. Notre Dame, Kentucky, Memphis... we put a scare in some big boys but just couldn't seem to get over the hump.

chriz 2 years, 10 months ago

Did he not ask who has the best home court advantage in the country, or did I miss it?

Paul Brozik 2 years, 10 months ago

Confidence is great but its not a commitment. He has been quoted as saying Kansas is his choice as of now...

Chris Shaw 2 years, 10 months ago

Got to love Chris Resor! I love his comments about Willie Cauley!

Walker seems to be the kid Self wants, much like Tarc, so hopefully this recruitment goes the other way. Greene, Frankamp, and Walker is unreal! Greene and Frankamp is just real! :)

Kye Clark 2 years, 10 months ago

Funny stuff about Cauley. I saw him play last weekend for the first time and have been saying how completely underwhelmed I was.

jhawk613 2 years, 10 months ago

does going after Chris Walker mean Julius Randle is out of the picture?

jaybate 2 years, 10 months ago

"In Which O'jaybate and Patty Share a Quiet Moment on the Liffey"

Ah, sure'n it tis a fine day, Patty, sittin' and watchin' the River Liffey. What was it that that smart-assed Dublin lad, Jimmy Joyce once scribbled?

"riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs."

Did ya ever read such circular foolishness, Patty? And puns on puns on puns. Ol' Weak-Eyed Jimmy made all the non Irish heathen think we spoke the way he wrote.

You say the boy and Nora spent too long in Trieste and lost his mortal soul there? I couldn't agree more, Patty, not more if the Archbishop himself had said it to me on Easter.

Have ya read KUSports.com today, Patty? No? The internet makes it so easy to read from anywhere.

What? Yer lap top battery has lost its charge, you say?

Ah twould never happen, if they let the Irish stop heating our humble houses with peet and let us show the world how it should be run, at last. We've outlasted the British, and the Americans and now the Germans, too. One day our time will come. One day.

Well, Patty, let me think. What did I see of interest on me laptop today. Ah yes, now I recall.

Mr. Keegan had a chat with his artificial turf accountant and learned, at the cost of one of his chins, no less, lad, er, excuse me, Patty, I meant a spread setter for the sheep shearers, not an artificial turf accountant. Regardless, it seems, Patty, Mr. Keegan learned that there is no more connection between the votes of the pixel burned wretches and the oddsmakers, than among the little people and the devil's own demons.

I, for one great grand son of a fine red haired Irish lassie from Cork, am relieved that the surprisingly, shall we say, uneven, spreading of the blarney amongst the pixel burned wretches, does not in any way increase the expectations of the Irishmen, nor of the heathen, that so like to bet an Irish pound or two on a pony, or a game of chance, or a sporting competition like a Gaelic football game, or one of those American football games involving the Fightin' Irish, or that newly converted University of Kansas' football team and its fine, fine Scotch basketball team, that James Naismith started once upon a time, based on a game called "toad on a rock." Aw, we Irish are related to the Scotts, waaaay back,my friend, but they've been north of Hadrians Wall just a wee bit too long, wouldn't ya say, Patty?

jhawkrulz 2 years, 10 months ago

Yesterday you posted a nice...bullet point response...than you go and do this and I had to skip past it again.

Notice how Oakville did a nice numbered listing and he got several responses and it looked nice and was fully understandable.

jaybate 2 years, 10 months ago

jhawkrulz,

I'm having fun here. Don't turn it into work for me. :-)

Just look for the bullet entries.

I promise. I mix it up on the styles. You'll get your jaybate fix.

Joe Ross 2 years, 10 months ago

More attention-seeking fictitious clutter from our resident idiot. Wouldn't be a normal day without it.

jaybate 2 years, 10 months ago

jloss feeling some reactionary orthodoxy, eh?

:-)

jaybate 2 years, 10 months ago

Anyway, it seems, Patty, that there comes a time in every civilization, except of course those bastard English, when wiser heads prevail and spread setters cease to try to make the bets balance and instead focus only upon the shining virtues of being right about the outcomes of the games. And isn't that just how it should be, my friend?

I mean, we can't have sheep shearers using pixel-burned wretches to hype the odds for one side, so as to encourage an inordinate amount of wagering upon a team that's no where near as good as it would otherwise appear to be, can we, Patty? Who could make a living off of that?

It would be wrong in the eyes of the almighty for sure, and opprobrium to dear old Father Ignatiuus. Why even a blind Vicar in Belfast would look hard upon it with disappointment and thoughts of eternal damnation.

Ah, sure'n they aren't in abolitionist Kansas anymore, Patty, what with Tommy Lasorda a-visitin' them. Truly, it said so on the web site yesterday. What? Yer battery was down yesterday, too?

Would you like me to be uh hookin' up a trickle charger for ya, Patty? My dear father left me one with a little water wheel that you set in any small stream and it will turn, turn, turn, and run your radio. I'm no Tesla, Patty, but I don't see why it wouldn't charge a lap top right up either, though the current might at times be a little less than steady. It kept my dear family's batteries charged a light on through the darkest days of our neutrality in World War II. Can ya still imagine that the English wanted us to go fight for them after treating us as their slaves for so many centuries?

jaybate 2 years, 10 months ago

Well, let me tell you then about yesterday's story, my friend. It seems old Dodger Blue Tommy Lasorda come for a visit. You remember him, don't you? He managed yanks in baseball, which is really just cricket made complicated, you know.

Ol' Dodger Blue Tommy, he could still win a pennant or two, and manage a KU baseball team in his sleep. And it be reputed by some, Patty, that he could have his pals lease ya the employees to build an expansion of the dugout, don't the yanks call it, were it ever to be necessary. But none of that can be trusted, Patty. Reputin' is worth no more than a British Prime Minister's promise to be fair with ol' Maud.

Yes, yes, I know, I'm drifting' too far back in my recollections. Tis a new world, Patty. All the old stereotypes are gone away, as they ought long ago to have done.

Did I hear ya say:

"Too long a sacrifice Can make a stone of the heart"?

I'll beg your pardon, Patty. Your heart is as big and moist as all of the Irish Sea in spring.

You're right. We must let by-gones be by-gones.

But even you must admit, Patty, what was once called Bloody Kansas by the Yanks themselves, tis fast becoming as it should be--a paradise of restoration orthodoxy for all saints and sinners.

A toast then, Patty.

To Kansas' new orthodoxy in all its magisterial forms and bless the house that keeps the most favorable odds, er, should I say the most accurate.

(Note: All fiction. No malice.)

tom123kufan 2 years, 10 months ago

Robert Brock 2 years, 10 months ago

Bada bing! The article mentioned Baylor. HAHAHAHAHA. Soft. Charmin. Mr. Whipple...

Jayhawk444 2 years, 10 months ago

I find it hard to believe that TK finds it hard to believe that vegas oddsmakers think the polls are useless. Polls don't reflect reality. Vegas lines do. Pollsters have to follow the gentlemen's rules. If #1 loses and #2 wins, #2 becomes #1. Always. Doesn't matter if #1 lost on the road at #3 in OT and without their best player. They can't be #1 any more. And it doesn't matter if #10 has been squeaking by weak opponents at home and #11 has been blowing out ranked teams on the road. You can't move #10 down until they actually lose. At least in basketball there is no real harm done by this system. But in football - somebody can get royally screwed by the polls since they make up part of the BCS rankings.

PhogAdvisory 2 years, 10 months ago

Well, unless #2 Ohio State loses at Kansas without Jared Sullinger. Then they get to stay at #2. ;p

dylans 2 years, 10 months ago

I believe in '97 KU was undefeated and ranked #1 when the Hawks lost to Missouri in double OT. KU remained #1 in the polls, but the #2 team may have lost also and had 2+ losses. I agree that the polls normally follow a pattern of what have you done for me lately.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 10 months ago

Trivial Triva Questions on a Wednesday Morning of a Slow News Day:

1] How many chins does Tom Keegan actually possess? 2] Can Frank Martin, in decibels, out yell an Allen Field House full house? 3] If the president of the USA uses Kansas University in a speech as opposed to the University of Kansas, should he be impeached? 4] Name your most annoying poster [if you name me, I'll probably cry :( ] 5] If you could be with one woman [besides your wife, fiance, girlfriend, etc. of course] for one hour before the earth exploded, who would it be? 6] Can you name any of the twelve animal figures used for circus animal cookies? 7] If you could resurrect one person would it be Don Fambrough or Wilt Chamberlain? 8] Do you know who Chip Hilton is? 9] Does Kansas have a chance to recruit Shabazz Mohammed? 10] Will Bill Self exceed 800 career victories/

justinryman 2 years, 10 months ago

1- Infinity 2- No, but his face can get more Red than the alternative uni's 3- No, because he doesn't really know better. 4- Plead the 5th 5- Bridget Moynahan 6- Elephant 7-Wilt! 8-No 9-Yes, until he says where he's going we have a chance. 10- Yes

PhogAdvisory 2 years, 10 months ago

Infinity minus 1, Justin. He lost one of them in a bet while he was writing this article, remember? ;)

Tony Bandle 2 years, 10 months ago

Elephant is correct..anybody want to take a shot at the other 11 ??? A no aswer to # 8 indicates you're probably below 50 years of age.

justinryman 2 years, 10 months ago

By 11 years, and I didn't cheat and google him either.

I do believe Monkey would be another.

PhogAdvisory 2 years, 10 months ago

I always liked the lions best... I think there were bears, too.

lv_jhwk 2 years, 10 months ago

1] Just the thought makes me skip to the next question. 2] Once his team is down by double digits yet again and every fan is quiet and somewhat bored while waiting to begin the Rock Chalk, yes. 3] No, but the governor of Kansas should be if committing the same crime. 4] Oakville (kidding...just wanted to see if you'd really cry) 5] Olivia Wilde...and she can only wear the Jayhawk stocking cap the entire time. 6] Lions and tigers.
7] The Stilt. 8] Paris' illegitimate dad. 9] Since just sending a letter can be considered recruiting, yes. 10] Yes, but that victory won't come at KU.

PhogAdvisory 2 years, 10 months ago

6] Another game we could play: How many of those animals has the Jayhawk "bitten the head off" this season?

Kye Clark 2 years, 10 months ago

1] The more interesting question would be, if he had been correct that AFH is worth 8 or 9 points on a vegas line and won the bet, would he have been paid with an additional chin?

2] It may seem like it sometimes, but even his power pales in comparison to the Field House

3] No, but I'm sure he'd lose plenty of votes from people on this board that obsess about that kind of thing

4] Longtimehawk (suspected of being former KSUck troll hihawk), any Kensucky trolls. (Tomorrow how about a survey question on who everyone's favorite posters are)

5] Maybe Christina Hendricks. (there's a woman's joke in here about "for one hour? What are we gonna do with the other 55 minutes?" yuk yuk yuk)

6] Not any that haven't been mentioned

7] Wilt

8] Nope

9] As long as he makes good on his promise to make a visit, then yes we have a chance. Never discount the magic of seeing KU in person

10] Tough...I say yes if he doesn't decide to try his hand in the NBA one day

Chris Shaw 2 years, 10 months ago

Keegs, I wish you have asked this guy about the 15.5 point line in the Iowa State game and the 19 points in the A&M game AFH. I"m sure the "Sharp's" made a bundle that day!

Woody Cragg 2 years, 10 months ago

Wise guy Boss Vinny would never bet his own, rather profound chin, always the sacrificial soldier's first, as he had not ever experienced a shortage.

Great copy JB-that's quite often the reason I visit this site. Very clever, to say the least. Haven't checked in for a couple of days but here's a link on a nice copy about Conner in case you guys have missed it-I did.

2 years, 10 months ago

Great human interest story on Teahan. Thanks for the link, global.

jaybate 2 years, 10 months ago

Thx, global, always looking for you too.

Stephen Simmons 2 years, 10 months ago

YES! Exactly correct. Sagarin, Pomery, etc. etc. are MUCH MUCH MUCH better predictors than the popularity contests that the AP and ESPN polls really are. Even with your disdain for the RPI, it's better than the polls.

Sure it's great to be ranked high in the polls. It's kind of like being named Homecoming King or some other nonsense that, in reality, doesn't predict what the true worth of the recipient.

justinryman 2 years, 10 months ago

I have been to one game in AFH, it was Bill Selfs first year and it was against Baylor as they had like 2 scholarship players on their team.

You know what, I didn't care. I was in the Phog. It is my Graceland and I have walked with the players who have walked there before me. What a spectacular thing for me to experience.

If I never get back I can at least say I was there once, but I'd go again if given the chance.

Joseph Kuebel 2 years, 10 months ago

And I hate the Cardinals, and White Sox support ur fellow fans hater.

Kyle Rohde 2 years, 10 months ago

I want to slap the Cubs hat off the head of the kid in that picture above. Hate. the. Cubs.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 10 months ago

That's the only article of clothing he had that was crimson and blue..but I like the thought!

zsn 2 years, 10 months ago

I was hoping that someone would have attacked the angle which occurred to me immediately as I started reading this article.......unfortunately, betting on college sports and all the attendant evils seem to be OK with "fans". I do not apologize that I take the role of curmudgeon in pointing out that I believe that there should be no betting on college sports.

However, I find it perfectly acceptable to throw a couple of bucks down and a filled-out bracket come mid-March with the understanding that whoever won the "pool" is welcome to keep his/her spoils, but if (s)he didn't take his two bucks out and leave the rest of the money on the table to defray the bar-tab at the post-tournament trash-talking drinking-session (s)he will be generally regarded as an a$$ho!e and never be invited to participate again.

1. Olivia Munn.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 10 months ago

1. wow..never heard of her till now...good call!!

r0ckchalk311 2 years, 10 months ago

When making friendly bets with my coworkers, they always make me give them 10 point just for playing in AFH.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 10 months ago

In the afterglow of another victory, I must cast a shadow of concern: Teahan, Wesley, Young, Tharpe and Jeunemann.

This may be the weakest bench in recent Kansas memory. To get to the Final Four, you have to play essentially four games in ten days with travel in between.

Exhaustion, Injury, inconsistency and illness, The Four Horsemen of Defeat, could be looming on the horizon for our Jayhawks. With the significant drop off in effectiveness behind the starting five, we may be asking too much.

Bill is dealing with a short deck, but if he gets Kansas to New Orleans, it should be considerd one of the greatest coaching jobs of all-time!!

jaybate 2 years, 10 months ago

Its a short deck, alright.

But remember: Charlie Allnut took Rose Sayer all the way down the river in the African Queen.

Some bailing wire. Some shoe spare shoe laces. A prayer or two. And with ladies luck and virtue aboard, amazing journeys are possible.

Alohahawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Mentioned this on the "Jeff Withey" article as well, but in case you missed it.

p>Zagsblog.com is running a vote for "National POY". Currently, A. Davis from Kenstinky is first, and TRob is second (behind by about 300 votes). Two others with some votes. Support TRob and go vote! Tried to vote twice and it wouldn't take. Perhaps you can vote daily, don't know?

Also, the article above it (on Zagsblog) mentions that I. Lewis is taking his time deciding where to go, but Kansas is still in the running. He is supposed to be B. Greene's buddy.

BCRavenJHawkfan 2 years, 10 months ago

Okie State just came thru and put down Mizzou!

MrPilot 2 years, 10 months ago

2 game lead in the Big 12! Rock Chalk!

okiedave 2 years, 10 months ago

Missou got a nice send off to the SEC in Stillwater. HCBS has never beaten Okie State at Stillwater since he has coached at KU. But the important thing is KU is now in commanding lead of the Big XII championship.

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 10 months ago

That is not correct. HCBS came to KU in 2003 and KU beat OSU 64-49 on February 13, 2006 in Stillwater;

Alohahawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Wahooo!!! Way to stick it to 'em, OSU. Send the Mizzery traitors off in style: With a bunch of loses.

If KU can hold court at home, and win the road games that they should, they have a very good chance to earn their 8th Big 12 Championship.

One at a time Hawks. Don't look ahead. Time to belt out a win at Iowa State.

RCJHGKU!!!!

zsn 2 years, 10 months ago

There are 6 road games left; 5 at home. Two road games are winnable (A&M for sure; one out of ISU, Baylor, OSU, KSU and MU); anything else would be gravy. If we run the table at home (not as easy as it may seem) there is not much room for error for the other teams to bump us. Assuming we split with Misery, that only allows them one more loss to tie for the lead. More or less same for Baylor.

Jeeveshawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Rankings don't mean anything. Syracuse and Mizzou are ranked ahead of us and we could gut either of those teams like a fish. Missouri is too small to handle our frontcourt and Syracuse is not battle-tested enough to compete with us. Duke is ranked behind us but we may beat them if we were to play again. It depends on if the refs cater to them or not. A pattern I have noticed is that on their losses the refs actually call it fair if not giving an unfair edge against the Blue Devils.
Bottom line, rankings is bull**** and don't get me started on RPI, they pay no attention to how well you actually do, but instead throw out random orders of teams based on pretty much nothing. The only truly reliable source of ranking teams is conference standings, and that only shows a few teams in order, not the whole contry.

Here's to stating the obvious!

YuCoJayHawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Since it is a gambling theme, I have to throw this out there.... KU was 40 to 1 to win it all at some point during this past summer. I have seen them as low as 8 to 1 since then, but are currently 12-1 to win it all. That would put KU 5th behind Kentucky/N.Carolina (4 to 1) and Syracuse/Ohio St. (5 to 1) currently.