Originally published May 17, 2011 at 11:47a.m., updated May 18, 2011 at 02:34a.m.

Recruits DeAndre Daniels, Jamari Traylor and Trevor Lacey to pick schools Wednesday

Kansas head coach Bill Self watches with the bench as the Jayhawks make a run against Illinois during the second half on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at the BOK Center in Tulsa.

Podcast episode

Spodcasters

The latest on DeAndre Daniels, Trevor Lacey and Jamari Traylor from JayhawkSlant's Shay Wildeboor

JayhawkSlant.com's Shay Wildeboor joins Jesse Newell to discuss a potentially huge recruiting day for KU on Wednesday. Where do the Jayhawks stand with DeAndre Daniels (No. 10 according to Rivals.com), Trevor Lacey (No. 24 according to Rivals.com) and Jamari Traylor (No. 141 Rivals.com)? Shay gives the latest on each ...

Download podcast

The 2011 college basketball spring signing period concludes Wednesday with Kansas University hoping to add a whopping three players to the roster.

The Jayhawks are awaiting word from: No. 10-ranked DeAndre Daniels, a 6-8, 180-pound small forward/power forward from IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fla.; No. 24 Trevor Lacey, a 6-3, 190-pound combo guard from Butler High in Huntsville, Ala., and No. 141 Jamari Traylor, a 6-7, 230-pound power forward, who is a teammate of Daniels at IMG.

Daniels and Traylor are slated to enter the office of IMG director of basketball Andy Borman sometime Wednesday, call the coaches of the finalists on their list with their decisions, then speak to the media. Lacey has a 2 p.m. news conference slated at his high school.

Here’s a look at the three players and how their recruitment stands entering Decision Day.

Daniels: Daniels, who Borman said has a final list of KU, Texas and Oregon — Duke is apparently no longer an option — attended the KU-UCLA game as part of his official campus visit to KU on Dec. 2.

Then a junior at Taft High in Woodland Hills, Calif., Daniels committed to Texas on July 3, 2009. He decommitted in August of 2010.

Daniels last January was believed to be KU-bound for the second semester of the 2010-11 school year with his IMG teammate, Christian Garrett.

Garrett did join the KU program as a walk-on. However Daniels returned to IMG to complete his senior year. He’s said very little during the recruiting process.

Others, however, have gushed about his game.

“DeAndre Daniels can fill it up from the outside and with his size, can also score down low,” Rivals.com analyst Shay Wildeboor said Tuesday. “He is a proven three-point shooter, who has aspirations of playing the 3 (small forward), but he’s a 3-4 (power forward) right now. He’d be a huge addition — an immediate impact player at KU.”

Lacey: Lacey, who has a final list of KU, Kentucky, Alabama and Auburn, made a campus visit to KU on May 7-9.

The long-range bomber, who averaged 31 points a game his senior season, was considered a heavy Alabama lean, until his stock soared second semester.

Lacey’s dad, William Pride, told the Huntsville Times on Tuesday that his son is “just confused. He got to see these universities with big-time basketball, and it just kind of blew him away. This is life-changing, and he’s just really confused.”

On Tuesday night, Pride said his son was in good spirits while working on his homework and said the news conference would be held as scheduled.

Lacey would provide instant offense to KU’s team.

“We have him listed as the No. 5 shooter in high school basketball,” Wildeboor said. “He can fill it up. He can stretch a defense and score in a lot of ways.”

Traylor: Traylor, who has a final list of KU, Oklahoma State, Indiana and Texas Tech, visited KU on April 22-24, a week after visiting OSU.

Traylor, who attended Chicago’s Julian High until his senior year, would add some depth to KU’s front line.

“He rebounds the ball extremely well,” Wildeboor said. “He is a hustle guy. He reminds me of Darnell Jackson in that he has a motor that never stops. He’ll fight for rebounds and loose balls and steal you extra possessions.”

The Jayhawks, who have four scholarships left to give, have already inked guards Ben McLemore and Naadir Tharpe and forward Braeden Anderson.

Comments

Scott Oswalt 3 years, 6 months ago

ohhhhhhhhhh boy..... i'm getting nervous!!!

JayViking 3 years, 6 months ago

Wait, when did Daniels opt for Oregon over Duke?

brooksmd 3 years, 6 months ago

Rumor had it he lost interest in Duke cause they took too long assessing admission paperwork.

Roger Tobias 3 years, 6 months ago

Speaking of playing together (only segue I can fashion, since the "Jayhawks in the NBA thread is dead), howsabout Cleveland using their #1 and #4 picks to take Mook and Kief?

jdhawk1988 3 years, 6 months ago

Seeing Nike, I mean Oregon, Join the discussion all of the sudden makes me nervous

Jaminrawk 3 years, 6 months ago

Worked great for Malik Hairston ... oh wait. The funny thing is he would have been a senior in 2008 when KU won the National Title and instead he was "Carmelo-izing" the Ducks by losing to Miss. St. in the first round ...

omng392 3 years, 6 months ago

I never understood that Choice.... If I had a chance to play big time ball, why Oregon? The Nike campus is awesome, but there a running school, not a basketball school. If you wanted to stay on the West Coast, why not AZ, UCLA, USC, Gonzaga.... All better choices that Oregon.

Jack Wilson 3 years, 6 months ago

I thought that was depicting a hold-up .... which might be more appropriate.

Dan Harris 3 years, 6 months ago

Touchdown instead of a grand slam maybe?

JayDocMD 3 years, 6 months ago

Oh Duck! Oregon? Where did that come from?

I do appreciate giving coaches the courtesy of a phone call (ask Harrison Barnes how not to do it.)

Even though this has been a drawn out process, I do not fault DD for how it has gone down. If I were a 5 star recruit, I would wait until the last minute too. You never know - look at all the coaching and player changes that have happened since the last signing period. If you are a good enough player, it is smart to let all the moving parts settle before you sign on the dotted line.

A lot of complaints about "drama" on other threads, but in my view, none of the drama has been from him or his family members. Then again, maybe X. Henry's recruitment is still too fresh in my mind - nothing compares to the drama of that.

brooksmd 3 years, 6 months ago

Zagsblog today says DeAndre is down to KU and Texas. No mention of University of Nike..I mean Oregon.

Tony Bandle 3 years, 6 months ago

Just a small thing but did you all notice the only school both players have in common?

waywardJay 3 years, 6 months ago

I read it as we are getting one of them. If not Daniels... then Taylor

Mike Bratisax 3 years, 6 months ago

Good point about Nike/Oregon jdhawk1988. They stole one of ours a few years ago and I wasn't sad to see him struggle a bit but Hairston was a decent kid and player..I think he made it to the NBA. Hard not to get wowed w/corporate jets and dreams of shoe deals. So..fingers are crossed, lucky rabbit foot in pocket and I'll throw in a couple of Hail Marys that Self gets his home run and brings in a quality class of recruits. Might rethink the rabbits foot.

Mike Bratisax 3 years, 6 months ago

Wow..6 new posts beat me from when I started..my Malik comment is already obsolete.

Andy Tweedy 3 years, 6 months ago

Living in Omaha, I've never really thought of Dana Altman as a dynamic or overly successful recruiter. I just don't see Oregon winning this one...but Texas...maybe.

NebraskaJayhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

Altman's best years as a recruiter were at K-State under then head coach Lon Kruger. In fact, he was the guy that recruited Mitch Richmond. Creighton isn't a school you can recruit to. I think he could do some damage at Oregon.

farnamjayhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

I agree 1990. Living in Omaha I always saw Altman getting solid 2 and 3-star recruits from the Midwest and then getting them to play hard nosed defense and compliment that with a good outside shooter like Korver or Funk

Sandeep Kalburgie 3 years, 6 months ago

focojayhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

Am I wrong or was I reading a while back that it seemed like DD was leaning toward Duke?? If they aren't in the picture now, this is looking really good.

Dyrk Dugan 3 years, 6 months ago

i think it's going to be a major haul and great gets for Coach Self. ever since Lacey visited and Daniels didn't commit to Duke after he visited, it just seems like it will fall into place.

i guess we shall soon see. C'mon new guys....let's all be Jayhawks!

bennybob 3 years, 6 months ago

Anyone know why daniels dropped duke? i was under the assumption they were the leaders coming down the stretch

dynamitehawk 3 years, 6 months ago

DeAndre the Giant and Double Wide Traylor... come on down.

Jacobpaul81 3 years, 6 months ago

When did this crap become like Lebron James announcing he's going to Miami. Just grow a pair and say "I'm going to _."

oldalum 3 years, 6 months ago

I think LeBron copied the kids. They have been doing it for years. He missed out on it by going straight to the NBA, so I guess he thought he had one coming.

JayDocMD 3 years, 6 months ago

updated percentages:

• Daniels: <25% chance he picks KU - the vibe online this week is TX has pulled ahead
  • Lacey: 50/50 between us and Bama.
  • Traylor: no idea.

based on 100% speculation.

Tony Bandle 3 years, 6 months ago

I 40% agree with you, 40% disagree with you and am 40% undecided.

Andy Tweedy 3 years, 6 months ago

This set of posts got me thinking about that Fort Minor song!

Sandeep Kalburgie 3 years, 6 months ago

I am 100% certain that you are completely off!! :)

John Boyle 3 years, 6 months ago

85% of all statistics are made up. I'm about 73.5% sure that is correct 67.9% of the time.

1jhawk2 3 years, 6 months ago

Let these kids have their moment and enjoy the 30 seconds out of 1 day to be in a spot light. If you were good enough to do it this way you would.

Jacobpaul81 3 years, 6 months ago

No, pretty sure I wouldn't. I'd much rather be suited up and standing in the locker room with a gurantee I'm on a team, than sitting at home debating which team to play for. Why risk it?

justanotherfan 3 years, 6 months ago

DeAndre Daniels and Trevor Lacey will almost certainly play (Daniels will likely start) wherever they go immediately. Traylor will probably be in the rotation, although he's a bit dicier because he's not quite as talented, but still would likely play on pretty much any team in the country.

There's a reason several big time schools are still working to get these guys, and its not because they are just trying to fill out a roster.

Chris Bruning 3 years, 6 months ago

-Daniels: 50% chance KU -Lacey: 50% chance KU -Traylor: Oklahoma St.

phi4life940 3 years, 6 months ago

I don't think Traylor will go to OkieSt. Remeber, LeBryan Nash is going to OkieSt....that means less time for Traylor.

I thought Daniels was a lock for Duke. Especially after Kyrie Irving basically told the media he was. I guess not...we'll see. TX makes sense especially with Tristain Thompson bolting....

I just hope we get one of these guys!

NebraskaJayhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

Nah...Daniels and Traylor to KU. Lacey to Bama.

John Boyle 3 years, 6 months ago

I just heard Daniels, Traylor and Lacey were all going to Alabama so they could be instant starters.

Andrew Dunlap 3 years, 6 months ago

hopefully we can get 2 of them. The top 2. But if we get one, that's fine. you never know what's going on these kid's heads

Ryan Mullen 3 years, 6 months ago

Maybe I am reading into this but why put Deandre and Traylor on the cover and have just a little blurb about Lacey. Does someone know something we don't know? I thought lacey would come to KU for sure.

Jonathan Allison 3 years, 6 months ago

I think that it is because we already knew that T. Lacey was announcing his decision at a press conference at 2:00 tomorrow. The news that Daniels and Traylor are announcing tomorrow is new (even though it is the last day of the signing period, and was somewhat expected).

oldalum 3 years, 6 months ago

Except that Lacey's father is quoted as saying that Lacey may NOT announce his choice tomorrow.

bradynsdad 3 years, 6 months ago

To miss out on all three would be a punch in the face to the program, however completing the trifecta and getting all three would make self a genius. In reality I don't think that will happen. I see alot of percentages but no real choices. So I say daniels to Texas, trailer to okie state, and Lacey becomes a hawk. Just a guess no inside knowledge.

kgregory01 3 years, 6 months ago

IDK, I think Lacey is less likely than DD for one reason: the hometown factor with AL. He can be the hometown kid who chose AL over KU and KY. If there’s immense support and pressure for him to stay, that will help. It’s the same hope we have that Perry Ellis will go to KU versus god awful UNC or Kraptucky.

Alabama (not Auburn) is good too. And he’ll fit right in at the SG spot. Plus, AL was just ravaged by tornadoes. Empathy may play a factor with him to stay.

kgregory01 3 years, 6 months ago

my point was Lacey "might be" less likely given the hometown variable that DD doesn't have to content with. I thought I heard DD was from Los Angeles but then I thought heard his Dad lives in TX?

Jayhawklegacy 3 years, 6 months ago

Does anyone know if the website will broadcast live? Like when Xavier announced.

Drew Doerfler 3 years, 6 months ago

I guess that I don't understand why we are recruiting Traylor? Are we really that desperate? So this year we would have power forwards ranked nada-anderson, 146 - traylor, and then zach next yr who has had a freefall drop to 126. Do we really need 3 PF's ranked that low? We are Kansas. And now the word is going around that Daniels is leaning towards Texas. He is the one recruit that we really needed. Lacey would be nice, but Daniels was the one must get recruit and we can't even out-recruit Texas which is not going to be very good next yr, has absolutely no coaching, and no Danny Manning to help him out. And all of this with a lot of playing time available and numerous scholarships......If we miss out on Daniels, I will unfortunately be joining the pessimistic posters wondering about our recent recruiting woes.....but oh well, next year will be fun to watch a new group of guys and what they can do regardless of wins and losses...rock chalk!

JayDocMD 3 years, 6 months ago

Agree with the Traylor take - I trust Self and he sounds like a good athlete, but this smells a whole lot like Quintrell.

Don't agree as much with the DD take. Since he is projected as a 3 he likely wouldn't work with Manning. And if he gets the sense that they will pull him from his natural position by playing him at the 4 (since we have no frontcourt depth) then that could scare him away. As far as PT, should be plenty at TX with Hamilton/Joseph/Thompson all gone. I hope you are right, but I think he is going to TX.

Drew Doerfler 3 years, 6 months ago

I respectfully disagree...lol DD is 6'8" so no matter where he goes, he will be playing some power forward....and Texas is even thinner down low than we are, so he will end up playing PF there also. But there are no downsides to learning some post moves under DMann....in the NBA, as a 6'8" SF, he might be able to post up some smaller guards if he had some post moves in his arsenal....

milehighhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

His coach said he is a FREAK athlete - as good as any he's coached & that he may be raw but has an extremely high ceiling. Hasn't been playing that long either. He could wind up being an absolute steal.

Andy Tweedy 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm just not sure why ANYBODY thinks they know where this kid is going. He was enrolling early at KU, then he was going to Duke, then he wasn't going to Duke, then Texas was leading. I don't subscribe to the recruiting services, but I've yet to see anything of substance from the kid himself. It all seems to be speculation from the recruiting writers. Just as an FYI, I am a computer programmer and I worked with a guy who wrote for one of those magazines (HuskerIllustrated) and he had no more business writing about sports than my mother. We'll know tomorrow afternoon, but until then, I can't imagine what makes people think they know where he's going.

Jacobpaul81 3 years, 6 months ago

Ranking means very little. Get over Rivals and their rankings. We need core players. Who cares if a guy is ranked 56th or 126th... the difference between the two is so small.

Seth Peattie 3 years, 6 months ago

my BRO Larry in Chicago thinks we'll get two of these ballers!!! you heard it here first!!! good job, Larry!!! du du du!!!

Sandeep Kalburgie 3 years, 6 months ago

My BRO Chuck thinks we'll NOT get any of these ballers!!! :D

Selbyville 3 years, 6 months ago

I love all these insiders here, it seems everyone knows their stuff

JayDocMD 3 years, 6 months ago

I still have dibs on Deandreville - guess we'll find out tomorrow the value of that.

Selbyville 3 years, 6 months ago

it's yours sir, deandre doesn't entice me quite like josh did this time last year. hopefully our recruits this season don't have the same bad luck

Brett Forreal 3 years, 6 months ago

Traylor is a lure to get Daniels to us. We already have the other guy from IMG, can't think of his name at this second.....hope it works!!!!!!

waywardJay 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm Thinking Daniels back to Texas.... Lacey and Traylor here...... Seems to make the most sense but It's only a gut feeling. Could go any number of ways.....

Including Daniels hiding a Duke hat and pulling from behind his back.

adamjhwkfan 3 years, 6 months ago

As long as none of them do the HAT thing at all. We don't usually have good luck on those kind of announcements. Hope to see you guys as Jayhawks!

cobweb 3 years, 6 months ago

Good that Duke has this thing with math and science.

GilbertAZ 3 years, 6 months ago

I just listened to an interview with Shay Wildeboor from jayhawkslant.com where he said his sources are telling him that the KU coaching staff is expecting to sign three players on Wednesday. Daniels best friend is a walk on at KU, Traylor is Daniels high school teammate, and Lacey's dad loves KU. Wait and see.

Michael Pannacciulli 3 years, 6 months ago

Don't these guys tweet? What's their handles...I'm sure indirectly they spilled the beans - haha...wishful thinking.

Well its Christmas Eve and I predict Santa is going to deliver us:

WHO KNOWS! I don't feel Daniels is coming...and Lacey I expect he will stay home. Traylor is 50-50 Ku-Osu.

Does Self sleep tonight?

Will any of these guys say "I decided I am taking my talents to Lawrence"?

Do we win the Big 12 regardless of tomorrows outcome?

Who else is waiting to hear on three or more recruits tomorrow? This is weird!

Are Traylor and Daniels tight like the Morii? If so I know where they are going

Is Dooley the behind the scenes power broker still or is he distracted looking for a coaching gig?

What didn't Duke like? I know I couldn't get into Duke but I am a putz with D3 level track skills and was an average B student.

What the hell is an Academy anyway? Is it high school mixed with militarty school and vo-tech?

Did I beat out Jaybate for the longest post yet?

focojayhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

no, you did not come close to beat out jaybate. however, i actually read yours and even laughed a little....unlike the way i scroll through jaybate's ones that are 9 posts long.

jhawkr 3 years, 6 months ago

NO ......... due for a let down. But that could be an omen of sorts. Rebound like crazy in 2012 !!

brooksmd 3 years, 6 months ago

Nope! Too much double-spacing. Fun post to read though.

Joe Templeton 3 years, 6 months ago

My top 3 predictions .......

1 - Daniels to Texas - With the returning talent plus the current signees is just too much to pass up.

2 - Lacey to Kentucky - All Coach call has to do is mention Rose and Wall.

3 - We still win the Big 12!!!!!!

Gil Ek 3 years, 6 months ago

Think we pick up two tomorrow. One a surprise from off the radar. AND Dickie VEE has a stroke, but lives to pick us #4 next year in the Big 12(10)

Lance Hobson 3 years, 6 months ago

I would say we're in a recruiting slump, but mainly because of a strange dynamic that has developed over the past few seasons. The marquee team players are choosing Duke and UNC and a few others, but the one and done non-scholar types that we've been shooting for are going to Kentucky or wherever Calipari is. I think it will change as our staff adapts, but we do have to make some adjustments.

jhawkr 3 years, 6 months ago

I am hoping for the best, but we've been burned by the best of them before !

My worry is that Daniels signs with KU, but never qualifies. His academic issues could be the reason Duke pulled the rug out from under him ..............

nuleafjhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

congratulations on the epitome of guarded optimism....

KEITHMILES05 3 years, 6 months ago

Daniels said very recently it is a lie about his academic problems and he is fine. Duke created that lie because he told them to shove it and they didn't like the answer he gave them so they went out and tried shame him.

Mike Kendall 3 years, 6 months ago

I am wearing my lucky KU polo shirt to work today. As the Black-Eyed Peas are singing, "I have a feeling. . . . . . "

costaricanrcjh 3 years, 6 months ago

I am wearing my blue shirt and red tie to work! Its bound to be a good day.

Chris Shaw 3 years, 6 months ago

I burned my lucky KU socks when they lost to VCU. I hope you don't have to do the same today.

Michael Pannacciulli 3 years, 6 months ago

...I wanna hear it...ROOOOCKKKK, CHHHHALLLK, JAAAAAYHAWWWWWWWKKKKK. KKKKKKK UUUUUUUUU.....BOOOM! Rockchaljayhawkku, rockchalkjahawkku, rockchalkjayhawk KU!!!!!!!!

Troll_or_AntiTroll 3 years, 6 months ago

Hopefully, after today, we won't have to hear about how Bill Self takes years off of recruiting.

Tony Bandle 3 years, 6 months ago

Christian Garrett, Jabari Traylor, Deandre Daniels.....we could become IMG Acadamies West!!

Unfortunately, when I take off my Crimson and Blue Sun glasses and look at this recruiting with a neutral eye, it does not bode well for Kansas.

1] Trevor will either be lured by the bright lights of Lexington or give into the tremendous hometown emotional pull. 2] Deandre will complete his Karmic Circle and return to the school he started with. 3] Jabari, really never had Kansas in his mix...he was heard humming "I wanna be a cowboy".

Hope I am totally wrong..fear I am totally right.

Chris Shaw 3 years, 6 months ago

I don't know it it's this dreary Wednesday that got me up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but I'm not feeling good about today's announcement. Maybe that's a good thing because I felt really good on Beal's and Turner's announcement's only to be highly disappointed. I sure hope my day turn's around.

I sure wish KU could land another Bud Stallworth from the State of Alabama in Lacey.

jdhawk1988 3 years, 6 months ago

I expect all three

Why because HCBS does to and as a fan I should expect nothing less then then expectations of the coach

Chris Nieto 3 years, 6 months ago

According to the shiver it's looking like Trevor Lacey is going to remain in his home state, but thankfully there is still time for his decision to change to the Hawks

RockChalk26 3 years, 6 months ago

Is it just me or did Selby ruin the recruiting excitement?

About this time last year I was on pins and needles waiting for Selby to announce his decision. We all know how that situation played out.

Andy Tweedy 3 years, 6 months ago

I agree 100%, but I've still found myself checking a couple times already this morning. I'm such a loser!!!

nuleafjhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

After X and Selby, my recruiting anticipation is at an all time low! I would be happy if whomever we get would just PLAY HARD. Is it my imagination or have our players GENERALLY not played as hard as they used to in the past? It seems like there have been so few floor burns and so few tie-ups lately. Just an observation - I have no stats to back it up. I sure would like to see Jerod Haase come back to Lawrence and give some classes on hustle.

Theutus 3 years, 6 months ago

While I agree with your assessment in regards to Xavier, I don't agree when it comes to Selby. Although Selby had a rough season, it never appeared to me that he gave anything less than 100% on the court.

He dove for loose balls, he ended up in the bleachers a number of times... He played pretty damn tenacious defense for a freshman... I have nothing but respect for Selby for giving it his all, he just had a lot going on and never quite settled in and got comfortable. It happens.

I still feel like Xavier sand-bagged his entire year though. He went to the draft workouts and one of the first things I remember reading was a scout mentioning "He really attacked the rim hard, and we never saw that in his college game". Ok, a week after our season ends he suddenly learned how to be aggressive? Sandbagger.

nuleafjhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

Theutus, thanks for your reply. For some reason my caps lock won't always cooperate with me, but I wanted to highlight GENERALLY in my last post. Overall, I was disappointed with Selby, but the whole thing was not entirely directed at him. I've been following KU basketball for a very long time and it just seems as though we don't play as tenaciously as we used to. I don't know, maybe I've just got that idea in my head. Anyone else have any input ?

Theutus 3 years, 6 months ago

I think the game has become more and more physical, but you also have a lot of the starting guys trying actively to not get hurt... After all, they don't want to hurt their chances at the NBA...

I think a lot of us remember Haase as a leave it all on the court guy, but we had that with Reed as well... I am truly going to miss Reed. These two guys as well as Heinrich really stand out in my mind as three players who truly put everything they had into the game, and left it all on the court.

RockChalk26 3 years, 6 months ago

I think the style of play is starting to transform from a defensive minded game to a offensive minded game.

I remember KU basketball back in the day, the days of Jerod Haase and crew. I was in junior high school, Southwest Junior High, and I tried my best to put forth the same effort as Jerod. I can't tell you how many times I gave up my body for loose balls, but it certainly paid off. I was rewarded with more PT and the nickname, "The Intimidator."

Granted I was undersized and lacked the athletic ability that others possessed, but by hustling on the court got me PT over most players.

I wish I would see more of that in our team next season.

RockChalk26 3 years, 6 months ago

It's always a great day to be a Jayhawk!

RCJH!

Sam Brockert 3 years, 6 months ago

I just can't help but think of the 1998-1999 season. The Year after Pierce and LaFrentz left and the year before Collins, Heinrich and Gooden came in... God that year sucked!

orbiter 3 years, 6 months ago

poor us, woe is us, we're such sad, sad, people. 7 conference titles in a row and a national title three years ago. oh God! curse this dreary slump we're in! we can't carry this terrible burden. we're so sad today, even before the announcements, because we know nothing will go our way. lord, oh please, just give us guns to put in our sad mouths. we can't take anymore indignities. how can we be expected to be dealt these terrible blows!! oh, poo poo pooey poo, our once proud program is just a sad shell in a urine rain.

selfishhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

I was just thinking and wondering whether some of our players might be hoping we don't get some or any of these guys. Particularly T. Releford and Elijah Johnson, maybe even Withey. If we get DD, chances are that Releford doesn't get a lot of minutes this year - even more so if we get DD and Lacey. If we get Lacey, EJ will have to fight for quality minutes. Just thinking out loud.

lrahardja 3 years, 6 months ago

If DD wants to be the next B Rush or even better, he should come to KU. He can improve his defense as KU players are known for. He will get plenty of minutes.

Lacey will get minutes just because that's how Self runs his offense, he will at least get Tyrel's minutes.

Come join us!!!

JHAWK34TRUTH 3 years, 6 months ago

The way I see it is the more the merrier. Since when is it a bad thing to have a lot of talent on a team? If anything it would make the team better by having them push each other for one goal and that's to win it all.

Tony Bandle 3 years, 6 months ago

My buddy Jaybate gets kidded about the length of his posts but I'll bet he could answer this post with a one word response!!!!

KEITHMILES05 3 years, 6 months ago

Well, Shay has totally blown his predictions on these 3. What a mess.

clevelandjayhawker 3 years, 6 months ago

This blog = the best news source I have on these recruits

Tony Bandle 3 years, 6 months ago

I can't fault him....big fish in a small pond and he's staying close to home. I wonder how much the tornado damage effected his decision?

At least it's not UK!!

treed14ku 3 years, 6 months ago

Well, Trevor Lacey to Bama is being reported as a done deal and it sounds like Deandre Daniels won't sign today. Shay Wildeboor clearly isn't very well connected in the recruiting circles. I will never pay any attention to what that "expert" has to say.

truefan 3 years, 6 months ago

If by reported you mean tweeted and completely irrelevant, then yes. Shay doesn't "report" tweets, he reports facts.

treed14ku 3 years, 6 months ago

Looks like we now know Shay's KUsports.com account name. It was reported by one of the head staffers at Rivals, the same company that Shay works for. Sorry that you are in denial.

truefan 3 years, 6 months ago

Denial? It's not denial, I just think you have your priorities mixed up. Shay won't post rumors, so if you heard it somewhere else first it doesn't mean he isn't connected, it means he isn't 100% sure that it's truth. If he posts a rumor and is proven wrong which happens all the time it would ruin his credibility.

treed14ku 3 years, 6 months ago

Are you that dumb that you don't understand? Jerry Meyer, from Rivals was reporting Lacey to Bama two hours ago. That is the "rumor" that I'm referring to. And clearly it was 100% the truth. Bottomline, Shay was guessing about these kids just as much as me and every other person in the country was.

truefan 3 years, 6 months ago

You just used the word "guessing" I used the word "facts." There is a huge difference. If you can't make your argument without calling someone dumb then I have little respect for any of your opinions.

Jerry Meyer was reporting the smoke coming from Alabama's camp and Shay mentioned many times in his posts last night, yes 12 to 14 hours before Meyer that there was a lot of smoke coming out of Alabama's camp. He went from being cautiously optimistic yesterday to stating that he believed Alabama would be the choice. If you don't read the slant, then you are just making assumptions on what he has been telling subscribers this entire time.

Bottom line, Shay knew just as much as Meyer but he knew it yesterday and couldn't report it as fact until he heard it from Lacey's mouth.

Kevin Heath 3 years, 6 months ago

My guess is the reference is to this quote floating around the internet

"Jerry Meyer of Rivals.com is reporting that Trevor Lacey has signed with his home state of Alabama."

Tony Bandle 3 years, 6 months ago

You mean Stay Behindthedoor doesn't know what he is posting about??? My goodness...what a shock!!

Jeff Worthington 3 years, 6 months ago

Does DeAndre Daniels have a live video feed for his press conference?

JayDocMD 3 years, 6 months ago

also, fire the AV guy at Butler High School

packywacky88 3 years, 6 months ago

Bamma.....hats really do suck, we didn't want that hack hat trick anyway

wrwlumpy 3 years, 6 months ago

Boy they love their basketball in Alabama.

Sandeep Kalburgie 3 years, 6 months ago

Got a bad feeling about DD and Traylor too :(

RockChalkGuy 3 years, 6 months ago

The kid was unsure what he wanted to do. Had to make a decision. Home was a safe decision. Oh well, go help Trevor Releford get Bama to the FF so we can be you on the biggest stage.

RockChalkGuy 3 years, 6 months ago

should read: "beat you"

smack talk with a stutter just plain sucks.

hawk82 3 years, 6 months ago

Bill Self has suffered the odd problem of too much talent at certain positions the past few years. Even the Championship year. Let's see if the current talent pool can be molded once again into a League Champion, or better.

I have a good feeling that Robinson, Taylor, Releford et al are going to surprise people. These guys are elite players, and they are surrounded by others with promise, e.g. Johnson, McLemore, Withey. It sure should be fun to watch them develop over the course of the season.

KUsmoothies 3 years, 6 months ago

Any idea what time DD was planning on announcing?

lionhawkward 3 years, 6 months ago

so they say we landed Trayor come on Daniels ....................on IMG web

truefan 3 years, 6 months ago

I think this bodes well for KU. Daniels now has a couple of friends on the KU roster and plenty of open PT.

hawksince51 3 years, 6 months ago

I didn't really care much about this kid given our recent experience with hotshot freshmen guards. Rather have the minutes go to those that have been, or will be, around for a few years like the guards we have coming back and the 2 we have signed. Sure would like to get some help up front though and DD would do nicely there. I'm breaking out the horseshoe and rabbit's foot for his decision, and will break out the vodka to celebrate if we get him. Rock Chalk!