Originally published April 21, 2010 at 02:49p.m., updated April 21, 2010 at 05:13p.m.

Plano sophomore Zach Peters picks Kansas

YouTube

Zach Peters chooses KU

Zach Peters was taking a walk on Maui’s Kaanapali Beach in mid-March, thinking about swimming, snorkeling and catching some rays — anything but basketball — while on his high school spring break.

Out of nowhere, the 6-foot-9, 240-pound sophomore forward from Plano (Texas) Prestonwood Christian Academy suddenly was reminded of his first love — hoops.

“It was during March Madness. I saw a ton of people wearing Jayhawk shirts on the beach. I said, ‘My gosh, I may go to Kansas,’’’ Peters said.

“It wasn’t what made me want to, but I was like, ‘I could be a Jayhawk, and it’s awesome.’ That was the feeling in my stomach.”

Peters — he averaged 15.3 points and 9.0 rebounds in helping Prestonwood Academy claim a 2010 Class 5A state championship — at that moment had a list of four prospective colleges: Kansas University, Texas, North Carolina and Kentucky.

“I sat on it a couple weeks (after returning from Maui), then I broke it down and thought about it and said, ‘I feel Kansas is the best place for me,’’’ said Peters, who on Wednesday orally committed to play basketball at KU at an afternoon assembly in a packed Prestonwood gymnasium.

“First off, I love Kansas basketball. It’s one of my favorite teams to watch. I’ve always grown up watching the Jayhawks,” noted Peters, whose grandmother is from Hoyt and great-grandfather is a KU grad. He still has several relatives living in the Topeka area.

“Most of all, coach (Bill) Self and (Danny) Manning are two of the best coaches in college basketball. I feel I can trust them and feel I can benefit Kansas the most, and they’ll help me benefit Kansas the most. I feel comfortable in Lawrence, and it’s the best place for me.”

Peters felt right at home while attending the KU-Nebraska game last February in Allen Fieldhouse. It wasn’t the first time he was in KU’s tradition-rich building. He and his dad, Tim, attended the KU-Colorado game when Zach was in the eighth grade.

“I always followed Jayhawk basketball. I knew it was a crazy environment with crazy fans and wanted to see what it was like,” Zach said.

Tim, who is CEO of a software tech company in Washington, D.C., remembers the first KU visit well.

“It shocked us,” he recalled. “Kansas played Colorado in a 3 o’clock game. We pulled up early on a January day to meet the coaches at 11 (a.m.). We thought there was a concert at Phog Allen. There was a long line outside the building. I told coach Self, ‘Geez, they do that at Duke.’ He said, ‘No, that started here at Kansas.’’’

Tim and Zach also have made trips to North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, UCLA and Kentucky.

“They are all crazy. Kansas’ building is not as big as North Carolina or Kentucky, but it’s the loudest of all of them,” Zach Peters said.

After spotting Self at an open-gym workout earlier this week, Peters decided to end his recruitment. Like Cole Aldrich and Royce Woolridge, he orally committed to KU with two full seasons of prep basketball remaining.

“I know now, so why not get it off my shoulders?” Peters said. “Why have the other coaches recruiting me and act like I like the other schools when I know I want to go to Kansas? I want to get it out there since I know where I’m going. It’s better for everybody.”

Tim, who played college basketball at Eastern Illinois, loves that mature attitude shown by his son.

“Somebody from a Texas website said, ‘Rick Barnes and those guys from Texas know you well. What are you going to tell them when they talk to you?’ Zach said, ‘I’ll tell him I’m a Jayhawk, what else?’’’ Tim said.

Tim also can see his son is a less-stressed Jayhawk, resembling the relaxed Zach he saw on the Maui beach several weeks ago.

“He lost about 40 pounds today. He’s 40 pounds lighter,” Tim Peters joked.

Young prospects: College coaches started recruiting Peters when he was in seventh grade. How is that possible?

“It’s a small world,” Tim Peters said. “Kids his size stick out more than others. Texas and all sorts of schools were watching him play at that time. Coach Self being an Oklahoma native had friends who were Plano natives and told him about Zach.”

Tough luck: Zach’s older brother, Garrett, who was the first freshman ever to start at Plano High, broke his leg while playing in the spring of 2004, following his sophomore season. Garrett has had seven surgeries since and because of the injury was unable to play college basketball.

“It was a Joe Theismann-type injury,” Tim Peters said. “It did nerve damage. It was on a rebound. He came down on a kid’s foot, then a 300-pounder clipped him. It just snapped it (leg) in half. After that, we kind of look at things differently,” Tim added. “Enjoy every day of your life.”

Teammate talk: Zach’s teammate, 6-8 freshman Julius Randle, is considering KU and several other schools.

“That’d be great if he came to Kansas. I support whatever decision he makes,” Zach said. “He’s one of my best friends. I’m not going to pressure him to go to Kansas. It’d be awesome if he did. It’s probably in his top four.”

Taylor staying: ESPN’s Chad Ford this week wrote that KU’s Tyshawn Taylor is one player still considering entering the 2010 NBA Draft.

“That is inaccurate,” Self said. “I’ve already met with Tyshawn (about his junior season at KU).”

Comments

nammyjignigh 10 years, 5 months ago

Alright, first one to post. Great job coach Self!!! Now lets lock up Perry, Shabazz, and Tokoto and win the whole thing.

Ben Kane 10 years, 5 months ago

Booyah! Welcome Zach, you made a wise decision.

Nick Cole 10 years, 5 months ago

Dang, I wanted first but I forgot my login for a second. Way to go HCBS. Hopefully this kid is all he is cracked up to be.

Nick Cole 10 years, 5 months ago

And welcome to Jayhawk Nation Zach. Stay motivated and get the thing official in November 2011.

John Sheehan 10 years, 5 months ago

Talks like he wants to be a 4 year guy...a key ingredient to a Championship - welcome to the Jayhawk family Zach!

eastTXjayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Sweet. Too bad these teams don't play in the UIL State Tournament in Austin, I'm sure they'd make it with this kind of talent, even in 5A. It would be cool to see him play. And I certainly enjoy wearing my KU gear at the Frank Erwin Center.

jayhawkinnc 10 years, 5 months ago

Yes!!! Great job Self! Definitely the best recruiter KU has ever had.

perryellisfuturehawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Never to eary to fill the cupboard. I have a good feeling about Ellis as well, but I have to admit he is a hard kid to read.

Queen_Krenda 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome to the Big Time, Zach. You are now Big Time. I like how you wear shirts and appreciate your thought process. I know how tough it can be to select a school as a Big Time recruit and I applaud this.

Machawk 10 years, 5 months ago

This is good news indeed. I am trying to temper my excitement knowing this is just a verbal agreement. However Zach seems to be impressed with the KU situation and the fact we have a very serious fan base of support. Let's keep the momentum going now and get TJ down for a visit real soon.

CP 10 years, 5 months ago

I think he's making a mistake ... Calipari has shown a knack for prepping players for the NBA ... and there is always going to be playing time available on one of his teams.

Jaminrawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, but by 2012 Calipari will have left UK on probation to take another job he'll "never leave". I also think it's funny people say Cal gets these kids to the NBA. Um, no. If there was no one-year rule, Wall, Rose, Cousins, Bledsoe, Evans, etc would have all gone straight to the NBA and been drafted in the lottery. The only thing Cal does is vacate wins.

ati 10 years, 5 months ago

You guys need to take it easy on CP. He raises some valid issues even though the truth may hurt. Calipari is the "hot brand" right now. He just put 5 players in the first round of the "mock draft." No one else can say that including HCBS Or RW for that matter. Give the devil some credit. Go Jayhawks.

92Jhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

UNC had four players drafted last year, 3 in the 1st round...and Roy had 4 go in the 1st round in '05...I think UK is going to have 4 1st rounders this year, not 5 (I've a feeling that Orton and possibly Bledsoe might drop to round 2)...PS, freaking Nevada will have two 1st rounders this year...really? NEVADA?

DENDK24 10 years, 5 months ago

Don't forget we had five go in '08 2 in the first round and one of the first to go in the second in Mario

vmwskywalk 10 years, 5 months ago

Put down the bottle with the ugly mug on it. You've had enough to drink.

CP 10 years, 5 months ago

Facts are facts ... after working under Calipari's instruction, players like Rose, Evans, Wall and Cousins have either cashed big paydays, or have set themselves up to do so ... this man is changing the way teams set up their rosters going forward.

MitchumMan 10 years, 5 months ago

Go to your UK website and be gone from the KU website forever! The guy is a slime bucket!

dynamitehawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Ummm. Let's see. Step One: Go and get as much talent that can fill out the number of scholarships needed. Step Two: Do it again.

Nope. Not a damn thing has changed.

Welcome to big time college basketball.

Jonathan Briles 10 years, 5 months ago

I do not think that Calipari is a bad coach, but every one of his "amazing" players has had all of their tools when they arrive. He does not give them anything. Calipari is nothing more than a one year babysitter.

Jaminrawk 10 years, 5 months ago

As I stated before, does anyone really think Wall, Rose, Evans or Cousins wouldn't have been lottery picks anyway? All of them would have been lottery picks out of highschool. Calipari didn't raise their stock.

Miguel Colón 10 years, 5 months ago

Oh I totally agree with you. Once the NBA locks out and the renegotiate this collective bargaining agreement and either take away the year out of high school rule or extend it, Coach Cal is screwed. If they take away the rule he cant get the OAD's and if they extend it I dont see him getting the collection of talent he gets. He gets them because everyone knows he is the NBA's babysitter. Cal is a slime ball!

92Jhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Facts ARE facts...if you want to win, go elsewhere, if you want to disapppoint, over and over and over and over, go to wherever Calimari resides at that time (he wont be in KY in 4 seasons in my opinion)...what percentage of players who played under Cal are in the NBA as compared to Roy, Bill Self, Mike K or any of the elite coaches in college basketball?...care to back up your assertions with fact or are we going to have a 2 or 3 year history? The players you've mentioned would have been lottery picks had NBA rules not prohibited them from entering the draft...those are FACTS. If one has dreams of National Championships AND the NBA, avoid Cal, if one wants rings AND the NBA, go elsewhere. PS, according to the NCAA, Rose didn't play in the Final Four...again, FACT.

92Jhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

PPS, KU had 5 players drafted in '08...while they weren't all 1st rounders, do you think that Cal would have gotten Shasha and Darnell drafted? I doubt it very seriously...

John Brown 10 years, 5 months ago

One and done players had the talent before starting any program. Calipari did not have time to develop any real part of these players game. Where as you can see a difference in players like Marcus and Markeiff Morris, Cole, and Sherron.

Joe Baker 10 years, 5 months ago

Come on CP...those players would've made the NBA regardless of where they went. Good grief, you act like Sleazy is a god! He didn't make them, they made him.

This is why Sleazy will never win a NC. He recruits a bunch of guys who never graduate and go on to become premature millionaires. Oh, you brought up the money, go ask your boy Antoine Walker if he's a millionaire? The guy is plain broke, uk grad and a former millionaire because he didn't know how to handle all the money he made and blew! This is what an education will teach you. How to manage your life and money!! There's more to life than money!

You are right, Facts are facts...

Here is another fact for you: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Former-Celtics-star-Antoine-Walker-is-broke-and-?urn=nba,198509

Ann Oneill 10 years, 5 months ago

Kentucky = science experiment. KU= proven research. Watching the players interact with Calipari during the games last season, it was evident that the inmates were running the asylum. They showed absolutely no respect for him. If Cal is taking credit for "getting" these guys into the NBA, then he's more delusional than I thought.

Dan Harris 10 years, 5 months ago

Guys, trolls like cp come on here and throw out thier backwoods,hillbilly crap just to get a rise out of us! Don't respond to their crap, that's what their trolling for! Dang-it I just fell for their crap and gave cp what he wanted well cp SUCK IT!!

92Jhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

CP, I think that you missed a part of the announcement, he said he wants to repay Coach Self on the court AND IN THE CLASSROOM...obviously NOT the kind of kid Calimari likes to bring into his fold...

Jeff Kilgore 10 years, 5 months ago

excellent troll, CP. Hilarious. If not, read all the other comments.

NYJHAWK 10 years, 5 months ago

Remember the word COLLEGE ???...oh yeah i know uk fans forgot that there is still college ball that kids STILL might actually wanna ENJOY for 4 years. Kentucky mite as well start their own NBA team. And you can still name it Kentucky wildcats....

okiedave 10 years, 5 months ago

In the therapy and psychological world, CP stands for "cerebral palsy". Here it just may be "Calipari patsy."

kltbadboyz 10 years, 5 months ago

The kid is 6'9'' and only a soph, hopefully he fills out even more before he arrives on campus. Not to mention he plays the 3. Gotta love a kid that knows what he wants, sounds to good to be true. Welcome to Jayhawk Nation and get ready for the ride of a lifetime!

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

I think all he has to do is read your posting ID and he'll be convinced!! :}

vmwskywalk 10 years, 5 months ago

Self is on a roll. Happy to have you as a Jayhawk Zach. Welcome to basketball heaven.

jtjhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome Zach! Looking forward to watching you play. Good job Coach!

JHAWKNPHX 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome to the JHAWK nation Zach!!!! Great job CS, bring us home another championship. RCJH!!!!!!

kltbadboyz 10 years, 5 months ago

Is this the home run coach was talking about? perhaps if Jones signs it'll be a grand slam!

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

Let me guess...poster CP is not a Jayhawk!!

HMMMM there seems to be some recruiting momentum building up here in Lawrence.

As far as Calipari mentoring this young man on the NBA, I'll bet anything that Coach Call is long gone, one way or another, by the start of the 2012 season!!!

nammyjignigh 10 years, 5 months ago

Also, perfect timing as the Twins will be gone, and lots of minutes will be available. I like our chances with Perry Ellis because of how close he is to Lawrence in addition to minutes at the 3/4/or 5 spot.

David Reynolds 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome Zach. You will not be disappointed. KU offers excellent academic & athletic support. Look forward to seeing you play.

kraus42 10 years, 5 months ago

HE HE...Are you an athletic supporter??

Nigel Dunham 10 years, 5 months ago

Congrats on becomming a Jayhawk, Zach! Huge commit for us!

beawolf 10 years, 5 months ago

Is there any advantage to verbally committing? I know it gets a lot of the pressure of the recruitment process off a young athlete's shoulders, but what about his involvement with the team? Is he allowed to practice with them over the summer? Is Coach Self allowed more contact with the player? Can he visit campus any time he wants?

Jonathan Allison 10 years, 5 months ago

a verbal commitment is non-binding. He is still only allowed to have contact with the coaching staff following the NCAA recruiting rules. All the verbal really does is let all of the other coaches know that they are probably wasting their time trying to recruit him. But they will probably still try to recruit him anyway, because he can switch his verbal commitment as many times as he wants. You're right that these kids see it as a relief to make their college decision, but when they verbally commit, and especially 2 years before graduation, they are in a way putting their integrity on the line.

If you back out of your commitment for a good reason, i.e. family issue, coaching change, etc. then it doesn't reflect poorly, but it Calipari or Rick Barnes are to keep whispering in this kid's ear and they get him to back out of his commitment it makes the kid look bad... the coaches don't really care, because it's all part of the game of recruiting.

Really a verbal commitment is just the student's way to tell the other coaches "Leave me alone. I like Kansas."

ldjayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Wise man Zachcy! Be a four-year guy and get a degree, but most importantly enjoy college and playing like a true jayhawk. Looks like HCBS is REALLY hitting a home run with recruiting. All my gut feeling tells me Terrence Jones will be with us too. Man, the coming years look SO exciting!

Lone_salina_kufan 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome Zach, happy to have ya. Really like what he said about "paying back Coach Self" for the degree. Sounds like a kid who's well grounded and values being a student-athlete. Good job to the parents.

David Hall 10 years, 5 months ago

YES SIR THIS IS A GOOD DAY FOR THE YOUNG MAN

Jaminrawk 10 years, 5 months ago

It would be sweet if Ellis came in to play next to Peters at forward. They would be a very hard tandem to guard. Regardless, I'm just happy we got Peters right now. Self is on fire.

Dyrk Dugan 10 years, 5 months ago

" I know it gets a lot of the pressure of the recruitment process off a young athlete's shoulders, but what about his involvement with the team? Is he allowed to practice with them over the summer? Is Coach Self allowed more contact with the player? Can he visit campus any time he wants? "

the answers to your questions are: 1. if he comes up and pays for the travel. i'm sure all he has to do is let them know he's coming. 2. No 3. No....(caveat...as long as he (his family) pays for the travel and lodging. official visits are just that; officially sanctioned and PAID FOR ..by the school. if he wants to come every weekend to practice, i'm sure he could. but he won't do that. he's got his own AAU team, and jr. teams and so on.

anyhoo, welcome Mr. Peters! we don't have a 2011 commitment, but we have one for 2012...outstanding. I think you'll be part of a real special class it looks like.

just keep working on getting better...and you'll be running thru the AFH tunnel in no time. and it will go fast.

KUbsee69 10 years, 5 months ago

Anyone know if Jones has scheduled his visit yet?

duanep5ku 10 years, 5 months ago

Zach welcome to Kansas Basketball and the KU fan base. Were happy to have you coming to Kansas and that you chose to come here. Thank you!

jayhawkinATL 10 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the link...looks like a pretty solid kid (physique-wise)!!!!!

JHWK 10 years, 5 months ago

Thanks, Dallas. Well-spoken and seemingly polite young man. Welcome to KU! You're a Jayhawk for life now! Rock Chalk!

RockChalk26 10 years, 5 months ago

Solid choice Zach, you will not regret your decision. You are now apart of an elite club of winners.

RCJH

Jeff Cuttell 10 years, 5 months ago

I agree with CP. He would make MUCH more money at Kentucky. Just check Calipari's track record. Heck, he probably would be a millionaire before he left there from all of the backroom deals he gives his players.

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome to basketball heaven, Zach "The Knife" Peters.

Here's some early tips for you:

1] Throw away any piece of clothing colored purple. 2] Throw away anything with the color scheme of Gold and Black. 3] Don't trust anyone from North Carolina. 4] Don't listen to anything Calipari says. 5] Never break Rule #4 6] Work on your strength, conditioning and foul shooting. 7] Don't twitter or facebook anybody. 8] Come up to Lawrence as often as you can. 9] Nail down your academic path and goals. 10] Don't take jersey number 00

Rock Chalk!!!

Alan Williams 10 years, 5 months ago

don't know about #10...didn't Shady wear #00

RockChalk26 10 years, 5 months ago

Solid tips! Whats with taking jersey number 00?

jayhawkinATL 10 years, 5 months ago

I'm guessing because Ostertag never really lived up to his potential and Shady left too early.

Jaminrawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Actually, DON'T WEAR #44!!! David Padgett and Eric Chenowith. Two of the biggest McDonalds AA busts ever. Just stick with 32 (if it's available).

Larry Smith 10 years, 5 months ago

Eric Chenowith Upon Graduation In the entire history of Kansas Basketball

Top 20 in scoring Top 5 in rebounding Top 2 in blocked shots

If that is a bust, I will take them all day long

Jaminrawk 10 years, 5 months ago

He was 7'1" and stayed four years. He had better be in the top 5 in rebounding and blocked shots. Still, he was never what he was supposed to be. You never, ever, hear about the guy when people mention great KU players. He feasted on crappy teams but folded against good teams. Fact.

Jaminrawk 10 years, 5 months ago

His senior year, Chenowith averaged 5.9 ppg, 6.7 rebounds per game and Roy only played him 17 minutes a game. To me, that means he was thoroughly mediocre to disappointing. His fieldgoal % was 45%! How many seven-footers do you know under 50%?

Joe Baker 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaminrawk- I think Selby will have 32..DJ was 32 and it is still available unless Selby gets it. Selby will probably be here in two years when Zach arrives too!!

Maybe he can take Cole's jersey!! What a great compliment and honor for Zach to wear the number of an Academic All-American.

kraus42 10 years, 5 months ago

11] Don't keep your high school sweetheart.

Kurt Eskilson 10 years, 5 months ago

Some have asked why a high-potential player would commit so early. Does it help discourage similar position recruits from trying to take "his" spot? I realize Coach Self will always go for the best recruits available, no matter how full the cupboard is … I'm just trying to see the benefit from Zach's perspective. In any case, gotta love a decisive kid who knows the nation's premier program when he sees it!

tstanlick1909 10 years, 5 months ago

Saw a "rumor" on espn that was tagged:

New recruit Selby pushing Taylor to NBA?

Just saying, the mothership is usually credible

OCJHAWK 10 years, 5 months ago

Lets hope for the sake of team chemistry the rumor is correct

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaminrawk...add # 50, Tyler Hansborough's number to that list!!

Early commits eventually avoid the hassle of recruiting, especially if they know that they've already made the right choice [Royce and Cole for example]

The number of underclassmern leaving for the draft is ridiculous....something like 70 or 80, plus seniors plus foreigners....lots of disappointed kids on the horizon.

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

PS getting this kid feels great because of who he is and what he can do..but it's extra sweet to beat out Uncle Roy, The Squid and Icky Barnes!!

Joe Baker 10 years, 5 months ago

It's always nice to out recruit Icky in Texas!! He just can't seems to get it together year after year and the Longhorns have to be getting restless.

kltbadboyz 10 years, 5 months ago

lets just hope his mom doesn't back into him with her suburban again

Aligned 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome to KU, Zach. We're looking forward to the day you'll be wearing the uniform.

JayhawkBigXII 10 years, 5 months ago

CP - your comments make two things crystal clear. First of all, you are a UK jackass. And secondly, you are a UK jackass.

Bill Self has CLASS. Calipari's recruits aren't required to take any.

MrPilot 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome to Jayhawk Nation, Zach! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

CaramelMacchMan 10 years, 5 months ago

Wow! Zach! I get goosebumps when I go watch a game at AllenField House.

Can you imagine playing on the floor and have Kansas on a chest? I hope you have a count down going till you play on that court.

Ryan Sullivan 10 years, 5 months ago

I'm already a huge fan of this kid because of this one comment...

"I’ll do my best to repay (Coach Self) and Kansas on the court and in the classroom."

I don't care if he ends up aveaging 3 points and 2 rebounds for his career at KU. This kid has his head on straight and has respect for the game and the prestigious program (and university) that KU is. This is the kind of kid I want playing for KU.

That is not to say that we haven't had a ton of kids just like this in a KU uniform. We have, and that's one of many reasons we should all thank our lucky stars to be KU fans. When was the last time any of us had to worry about not making the NCAA tourney? No NITs for us, ala Carolina, UConn, Kentucky, ect. By and large, KU = class players, class coaches, class fans, and world class program. This kids seems like a great fit.

Zach Peters - Welcome to Rock Chalk Nation, brother!

Karen Mansfield-Stewart 10 years, 5 months ago

He looks HUGE for a sophomore in high school. Then again I was probably 135 at that age so he's got 100 lbs on 16 year old me. Is he projected as a forward in college?

My only surprise is that he only averaged 15 ppg. I guess on a state championship team they had solid players at every position so that's a decent mark with a couple years to improve.

Regardless, WELCOME!

kvskubball 10 years, 5 months ago

His coach says SF, but I don't buy that...he may have SF skills, but sounds to me he is a bigger and more talented version of MSU's Goran Suton from last year, able to step out and make 3's....

Rybarns 10 years, 5 months ago

Welcome Zach! Bring Julius Randle with you the following year. For those on here that aren't familiar with Julius Randle, remember that name now.

Robert Brock 10 years, 5 months ago

His committment could potentially have a great impact on the decision of his teammate Randle, who may end up being one of the top recruits in the 2013 class down the road.

DENDK24 10 years, 5 months ago

I think we should take it as a huge compliment that these Kentucky idiots keep showing up, they are obviously very threatened by us. If we want them to go away however just ignore them. It's like that Simpson's Halloween episode when all the advertisements came to life. Just Don't Look, Just Don't Look.

Kye Clark 10 years, 5 months ago

tstanlick1909 - Yeah I just saw that "rumor" on ESPN, but wasn't able to read the article as all of their "rumors" are available only to their insiders. I really hate that about ESPN & rivals. My opinion is that Selby might be able to push Taylor out, but to the NBA? The idea that TT is ready for the NBA is pretty far-fetched, especially this year when everybody and their dog is declaring for the draft (with the exception of Kyle Singler anyway).

DENDK24 10 years, 5 months ago

Here's what the rumor from ESPN says

Tyshawn Taylor, G, Kansas

Taylor won some early support this summer with his play for Team USA but quickly lost much of it after a very slow start to the season. He began playing better toward the end of the season. The question for Taylor is, with Sherron Collins now gone, would he be better off staying at KU one more year as the lead guard? With news that point guard Josh Selby, a potential top-10 pick in 2011, will play for KU next year, Taylor may feel compelled to go pro now.

Kye Clark 10 years, 5 months ago

Thanks! Appreciate you posting that and letting us see what it says.

Woody Cragg 10 years, 5 months ago

Let him go. Might be best for everyone involved. Gotta admit he has been quite an article in only a short time here. And not because of his playing either. Maybe his ego is taking a hit with another PG coming in. Maybe he could play in Europe or South America but he's not even ready for college ball now. No way he could play with the big boys. If he gets his stripes at KU, he's going to have to earn them.

dynamitehawk 10 years, 5 months ago

When he is 17 or 18 he will be showing up in Lawrence the size of the Persian on "300". Will there be enough live chickens to feed him when he gets to Kansas?

92Jhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Don't worry Dynamite, I'm sure our brothers from down the road in Mancrapinin' can spare some of their many, many chickens...we may just need to trade for some of Cal's moonshine for barter...hmmm, what do we have that Cal doesn't...can we spare a ring?

jaybate 10 years, 5 months ago

Peters sounds like a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge victory for KU hoops!!!

How about we all volunteer to go down and tutor him 24/7 and maybe he can test out and be eligible for next season!

If the NBA can take them when they are ready, why can't colleges?

kvskubball 10 years, 5 months ago

Yeah the NBA and DUKE can take them early....

This year Duke had a freshman who qualified a year early!

Bruce Dial 10 years, 5 months ago

I most liked the little bit of blushing he did when he received the large ovation. Then, he asked his coach if he should stand up himself. He talks confidently, but there doesn't seem to be a bit of arrogance, in either his words or mannerisms.

Additionally, how often do you see a sophomore with that height, that is that bulked up?

jaytrey 10 years, 5 months ago

First off hello to everyone in Jayhawk Nation im a first time poster but long time visitor of the site. Id like to express my gratitude to Ralster and Jaybate for keeping me going through some rough jayhawk moments you guys seem to be funny and true jayhawk fans. Now, on to more pressing matters like why would CP get on a jayhawk site and talk about calimari and UKONN. That's sacriligious in these parts buddy. not only does he get no respect from a personal viewpoint(the whole used carsalesman thing going on) but coaching wise as was expressed earlier he had far less to do with these one and dones being exactly that than he's given credit. Hell, i can give D-Rose the ball and say spread out and let him attack. Now, more important than that was the initial reason i was going to post in the first place and that's bcuz i absolutely love this kid Peters' game how developed he is now is amazing so in two years im telling you he'll be special. Mark my word this kid has No.1 pick talent and with the work ethic he's already showing and with him committing to the Bill Self way so early leads me to believe he's ready and willing to work his tail off on both ends of the floor.

kranny 10 years, 5 months ago

For being 15/16 yrs old, this young man is stacked. If his arms are any indication of his strength, he should be a beast.

VegasJhawk09 10 years, 5 months ago

Thats a good point Jaybate. That kid is big! Does kinda remind me of Psycho T a little bit.

Jack Wilson 10 years, 5 months ago

Projected lineup for 2013-14 1. 2. 3. 4. Zach Peters 5.

DENDK24 10 years, 5 months ago

High Elite Major. How about???

1. 2. Royce Woolridge 3. 4. 5. Zach Peters

Priest Fontaine 10 years, 5 months ago

1. Ben McLemore
  2. Royce Woolridge
  3. Perry Ellis
  4. Zach Peters
  5. Johnny O'Bryant

Bulletin...

Williams weeping, reportedly says...

"But...but...I'm .500. I wanted Peters. I needed him. I recruit all over the country now for Dean. He lets me. I get to have Peters. Dean will make me grab my ankles and take a whipping, if I don't get Peters. Please, someone make them let me have Peters, before I run out of tears and get my behind tanned."

Note: this is fiction. :-)

Martin Rosenblum 10 years, 5 months ago

Dear Rick Barnes -

Bite me, I'm going to Kansas!

Zach Peters

Martin Rosenblum 10 years, 5 months ago

Dear Roy Williams -

Bite me, I'm going to Kansas!

Zach Peters

Martin Rosenblum 10 years, 5 months ago

Dear John Calipari -

Just bite me!

Zach Peters

Martin Rosenblum 10 years, 5 months ago

Dear Bill Self -

When did you say I would meet Samantha Ryan?

Zach Peters

newyorkjayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

wait, wait... i was reading all these posts, getting so excited to see what those UK fans had to say about this... i miss those guys, with their tobacco growing and hay chewing... where or where are our kentucky fans? don't you have some insightful reason as to why Calipari secretly reneged his schollie offer to Peters? isn't there some logical explanation as to why Kansas got this kid and UK didn't?

maybe i don't read posts enough, but i don't think it's worth trash talking UNC or Texas about not getting this AWESOME recruit... but i'm actually taking time out of my evening to write some trash to Kentucky, cuz those classless clowns are no-doubt reading these posts and feeling sorry themselves cuz they only thing they can hang their hat on at the moment is a legacy left by a coach who stopped coaching decades ago (Rupp). Eat it up, UK fans... not every recruit is game for the dirty backdoor evil scheming that Calipari brings to your wildcats.

jaybate news service (jns):

Dateline: in the moment

Slug: the jaybate interview with UKTroll.

jaybate: With me tonight in phase space is UKTroll, a troll from UK. Quite an imaginative alias you have there, you !@#$%$^%& idiot.

UKTroll: I spent nearly a week thinking it up. Glad you like it.

j: I don't like it even a little, you !@#$%^& idiot.

U: Is that because Calipari gets all the OADs?

j: No, you !@#$%^& idiot. And he doesn't get all the OADs. But it does seem sometimes like he gets all the ones that can't read. Regardless, I don't like you because you ARE a !@#$%^& idiot.

U: Oh, I see. Well, you know you are right. I am a !@#$%^& idiot. I know it. I don't even know how to build a still. Why I don't even know how to have intimacy with a horse and that's very common back home. But I didn't think you would notice that I am a !@#$%^& idiot. I thought I could fool you over the internet.

j: How could I not notice you are a !@#$%^& idiot? Your alias is UKTroll and you post like a !@#$%^& idiot. 2 and 2 still equal 4 outside of Butcher Holler, you !@#$%^& idiot.

U: Just because I am a !@#$%^& idiot doesn't mean you have to call me a !@#$%^& idiot all the time.

j: Well, what else am I supposed to call a !@#$%^& idiot? You are a !@#$%^& idiot, aren't you?

U: Yes, but you could call me a mouth-breathing imbecile sometimes, too.

j: But that would be insulting mouth-breathing imbeciles. You are a !@#$%^& idiot. I am not going to give a !@#$%^& idiot a promotion to a mouth-breathing imbecile, when he doesn't deserve it. I would lose all my credibility as an interviewer, if I were to do that.

U: I suppose you would. Hmm. Could you call me a excrement-eating tape worm? Wouldn't that be just as accurate as a !@#$%^& idiot?

j: Well, I guess "an" excrement-eating tape worm might be okay, you !@#$%^& idiot. I'm pretty open minded. I could call you either one.

U: Back home most of us also answer to cousin-marrying, inbred mutant, too.

j: This is a family web site. I'd rather not get into your mating habits.

U: Well, my momma used to call me her little empty-headed piece of Derby dung. Could you call me that?

j: No! Its either !@#$%^& idiot, or excrement-eating tape worm, or nothing.

U: How about indolent fop, jaybate? I've seen you call some other aliases indolent fops. Couldn't you call me an indolent fop?

j: Again, I would not wish to insult indolent fops by comparing them with an excrement-eating tape worm, you !@#$%^& idiot.

U: I've got it. How 'bout calling me a feather-brained nitwit? That's actually how I think of myself.

j: Let's just call you a !@#$%^& idiot and leave it at that, shall we?

U: Well I suppose that is most accurate. Hey, thanks for letting me sit in.

j: Thanks, you !@#$%^& idiot.

(Note: this is complete fiction and wish fulfillment with a distinct lack of malice. There never was an real interview with a !@#$%^& idiot named UKTroll.)

UKTroll 10 years, 5 months ago

jaybate - I never thought anyone would be able to catch the spirit of our interview, but you did an amazing job! Bravo, jaybate, bravo.

This may be a little forward of me, but jaybate...will you...will you marry me?

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

jaytrey 10 years, 5 months ago

Also as were talking about calimari let's talk about some of his not OAD''s. Chris-Douglas Roberts struggling to get pt on the nets, Darius Washington struggling to get time on any roster mostly in the D-League, Joey Dorsey had a brief stay with Houston but im pretty sure he's in the D-League, Rodney Carney is an NBA journeyman wow what a track record when you put it all out there. This is what happens when you come pretty highly touted and play for more than one year with Coach Calimari. Go Wildcats! Good luck in the future you'll need it.

Joel Hood 10 years, 5 months ago

"Tha'ts Mr. Dorsey to you!"

• Infamous sign held by gap-toothed hillbilly in the last moments of Joey Dorsey's college (ahem) career, as covered by CBS Sports in April 2008.

yates33333 10 years, 5 months ago

This is another homerun for Self. I have seen this kid play, and he is no stumblebum. He is an ACC type player--tough and finesse. I think we have made three great catches this round. Now if they will stay three years.

Martin Rosenblum 10 years, 5 months ago

jaytrey -

There is also Antonio Burks who was a point guard for Cal at UofM. He played for the Grizzlies for a couple of years. He's now recovering and rehabbing from a gunshot wound that he received during a drive-by while he was in a dubious part of town shooting dice with some questionable guys. In a documentary about Cal,, that shows up sometines on one of the Fox sports shows, he credited Burks as his first venture into the dribble-drive world. Of course this was made before the infamous shooting of Burks.

finestack 10 years, 5 months ago

This is going to be buried under a bunch of UK nonsense, but Dallas Magazine did an exceptional article - with follow up - on the Peters family when Zach was a freshman.

check it:

tis4tim 10 years, 5 months ago

Nice article. I hope the suburban is okay. :)

Martin Rosenblum 10 years, 5 months ago

jaytrey, et al -

Another feather in Calipari's greasy, slimy hat is Shawne Williams who went to the NBA.

Just read about this proud Cal wundekind:

www.commercialappeal.com/.../nba-player-former-memphis-tiger-shawne-williams-ar/ -

yates33333 10 years, 5 months ago

I hope Self gets the kid from Oregon for next season.

Martin Rosenblum 10 years, 5 months ago

OOPS, that link was no good.

We'll see if this is too long or not:

Former Memphis Tigers basketball player Shawne Williams was booked into the Shelby County Jail on drug charges Friday, the same day he was waived by the NBA's New Jersey Nets.

The 23-year-old Memphian played with the University of Memphis in the 2005-06 season and was named to numerous freshman All-America teams. He then declared for the NBA draft and was selected by the Indiana Pacers.

Shawne Williams' booking photo.

Photo by Mark Weber Buy this photo »

Shawne Williams, pictured here as a University of Memphis Tiger in a 2005 preseason NIT tournament game against Wisconsin-Milwaukee, has been arrested on drug charges in Memphis. He quickly ran afoul of the law in Indianapolis.

"I was in the wrong place at the wrong time," Williams told The Commercial Appeal last month. "A lot of people I had around me, I shouldn't have. I was young."

In September 2007, he was arrested after a traffic stop when an officer found marijuana in the SUV he was driving. He pleaded guilty to driving without having received a license. The Pacers suspended Williams for three games.

In February 2008, a murder suspect in Tennessee was arrested shortly after leaving Williams' suburban Indianapolis home. Williams was not charged in the case, which involved a former classmate at Hamilton High School.

Police later arrested a passenger for marijuana possession in Williams' car. Williams was not arrested but was ticketed for window tint and seatbelt violations.

The Pacers traded Williams to the Dallas Mavericks in October 2008. But Williams' promise of a new life didn't last long in Dallas.

Mavericks security personnel and Dallas law enforcement began to warn the organization about Williams' personal behavior, according to people familiar with Williams' situation in Dallas.

The team asked the 6-9 forward, who was earning more than $2 million a year, to leave before the end of the 2008-09 season, essentially suspending him with pay. Williams hasn't played in the NBA since.

anthonyzal,

Thanks. Get your rest. These UK trolls are hard to take on anything but a full nights sleep. :-)

Mike Kendall 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaytrey--- Welcome to the site!!!!! I am definitely a true blue KU fan, as well.

About the story on Zach Peters----what a cool story!!!! Isn't Self on a roll? I think someone said that already.

"It was during March Madness. I saw a ton of people wearing Jayhawk shirts on the beach. I said, my gosh, I may go to Kansas, Peters said."

Isn't that the way it is anyway, wherever one goes---whether it is Hawaii, St. Louis, Dallas, Kansas City, Philly or LA? That was a sweet quote. I haven't seen this guy play, but he sounds like a well-rounded individual. Welcome to Jayhawk Land, Zach! Good luck with your continued success at your High School in Plano! Rock Chalk, baby! Where's Dick Vitale, when you need him?!

resultsinMarch 10 years, 5 months ago

Yes, we finally get a great kid who wants to stay 4 years and is thinking school and basketball!

If we learned any from the NCAA tourney it should be this:

1. Mid-Majors should not be taken lightly

2. Teams that have their starting 5 made up of JR.'s and Sr.'s have a very good chance of doing well--Butler.

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaybate..if your mother saw that troll interview post she would wash your %$&^#@ mouth out with a #$)&^!@ bar of soap. LOL.

Well played, my friend, well played. :}

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

PS...not that I am a professional sportswriter or anything but maybe shouldn't the Final Four contest icon be removed..just sayin'

ldjayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Anyone knows the latest on Terrence Jones? Is he going to be at KU for that official visit this weekend? I won't be in town, so on your best behaviour guys!

PVJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaybate: Love your posts but you were a bit !@#$%^& hard on UKTroll. You have to admit that it takes some moxie and a sense of humor for a UK troll to come onto this site under the nom de plume of "UKTroll!

UKTroll: You're welcome here anytime as far as I am concerned. We sympathize with you because we know you are a KU wannabe.

finestack,

At first, I found this a compelling human interest story, but after I thought about it I found it less compelling.

The crux of the story is: isn't it tragic to have one talented son get injured and not get to play his favorite sport to the fullest of his abilities, while the other one does? It is a take on the "Rich Man/Poor Man" myth--the asymmetry and unfairness of the fates--that can be played with such resonance in our society right now, because so many struggle so cruelly with economic despair and others find their stocks back as high as they were before the crash. The rich man gets richer. The poor man gets poorer.

While I am enormously enraged at the poor being made poorer in our society, how tragic is a sports injury really, especially one that in no way prevents a person from having a full life as an adult?

We have a steady flow of soldiers coming home from the Middle East as vegetables from brain damage from concussion injuries in wars that seem destined to go on forever and as the VA's funding is being cut; that's tragic.

We have desperate unemployed citizens resorting to buying Sudafed in drug stores and cracking it into meth to take and to sell to persons who become addicted to it and eventually steal, kill and die from it; that's tragic.

We still have 40 million essentially medically uninsured, plus millions more under-insured, after fake health care reform enriched some insurance companies and big pharma; that's tragic.

This is a story about one brother who had a bad fracture, didn't get to play a sport, had a string of painful surgeries and gets to move on to a full life.

I had an injury in high school, but fortunately nor series of surgeries, and was required to stop playing football. I had some talent. It was tragic to me. But no one else made much of it. My parents just said football was a stupid game anyway (and they were right) and that I ought to go play basketball, or study more to try to get an academic scholarship, or get a part time job and get on with life. The emphasis was on how much more of my life I had to live, not on the loss of a small part of it.

What a strange society we live in today.

UKTroll,

I don't know what to say, you !@#$%^& idiot. I've never had some one create an alias based on a fictional character I have created here. Now that's interactive!

I swear: I did not create the alias of UKTroll.

Whoever thought it up was inspired.

memhawk? dynamite? oakville? slayr? Ashley? PVJayhawk? Bill Self? :-)

It gave me one of my best belly laughs in a long time.

Rock chalk!

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

This morning i heard a story on the radio about a US Marine on patrol in Afgan who stepped on a mine and destroyed his leg. The explosion drew enemy fire and he thought he was gone when some buddies rushed to his defense and pulled him to safety.

After he recovered, he returned to the U.S. and was given a hero's welcome. He was asked to confirm the date that he lost his leg.

He responded immediately that ,"no, I consider it the date my life was saved."

Life....it's not about if you win or lose, but how you played the game.

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaybate...would love to take the credit, but I cannot...I did laugh my a$$ off as well.

You don't Soobawls did this, do you?

OakvilleJHawk,

Thanks.

And what's with this 2010 Pritzker prize winning art museum building by Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa?

I am partial to modernist architecture.

I dislike much post modernism.

But my favorite architect remains Renzo Piano, a man who escaped post modernism and IMHO has restored the Sullivan strain of "eclectic functionalism" (though through a rather more modern and post modern vocabulary) and expressed it in what I call "engineered functionalism," i.e., buildings built to look engineered and to look like an authentic and glorious orchestration of the pieces and fasteners they are constructed of. I'm using an aesthetic criterion similar to the one John Ruskin once made fashionable in assessing "The Gothic" once upon a time in England. I know, I know, you probably read "The Seven Whatevers" in school when I was experimenting with tomato juice schooners at old Louises, and have moved way beyond it, but I am a layman and old Ruskin does help refocus me every so often on essential goodness in architecture. To simplify to a level vastly below what you must think about and that even a layman like me can understand, one crucial goal of architecture ought to be authenticity in looking like what it is made of.

From the looks of the Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa museum, I haven't a clue what its made of.

It looks like a post modernist caught in a phase of deformative geometric post modernism. It looks like they are parodying a modernist with tongue in cheek, but without using ornament. It looks like this is the next in-joke. It looks like we are in a post modernist revival without using ornament as the joke. Instead they use the formal elements of modernism--the geometric massing, the inverted massing, and the curtain wall convention--and instead of trying something with a kind of beautiful and paradoxical neutral bouyancy achieved with inverted massing, they are making a joke by making it seem like a fantastically heavy stack of blocks weighing down on the glassed in ground floor. And to make sure we get it, the horizontal blocks are stacked with the kind of asymmetry found in a stack of books, or a blocks stacked by children.

And on top of this anti-modernist triumph of mass and opacity, they weave in some Buddhist calm. I have noted the Buddhist calm schtick in their other buildings, which I admit to liking superficially in some cases, but this building they won the award for seems profoundly unworthy.

Piano freed me from this sort of simpleton architecture that Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa have imposed on this poor street.

Apparently, he has not freed the folks at Pritzker similarly.

On the chance that I am getting too old and stuck in my thinking, am I missing something new and important and meritorious here with this award-won building by Sejima and Nishizawa?

Or is it just one more piece of excrement that doesn't look like what its made of, nor how its made?

OakvilleJHawk,

Now the story about the Jirene--that's a story worth recounting! Thanks.

Dear UKTroll,

I am being delighted by the dynamic of interfacing with an alias created for a fictional character that I created for a fake interview on a fake news service on a story and thread page on a web site on a server in an internet circumscribing a planet in a minor solar system in a lesser galaxy hurtling ever farther away from the origins of the universe that is perhaps, itself, locked up in other dimensions that only god and Joseph Heller, god rest his soul, knows.

Nevertheless, I do not believe marriage of aliases is recognized as a legal institution anywhere but between your pretty little artificial ears, darlin'.

And in any case, Ash, may I call you Ash, to lay in yet another layer of the unreal to this interchange, I don't believe in mercy marriages, you !@#$%^& idiot! :-)

brooksmd 10 years, 5 months ago

LOL, this board would at times be boring save for your entertaining posts.

UKTroll 10 years, 5 months ago

:-(

I am truly crushed...I don't know what I will do without your undying love in my life jaybate. I thought we had so much to give each other.

My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and unknown too late!

Will you reconsider my love?

My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite.

But alas, it is not to be.

I fear I have lost you forever jaybate. My only recourse to plunge from the highest peak of the Arena of Rupp. To what end, I do not know. If I should survive the harrowing fall, I will pledge my loyalty to you and yours on the Plains.

From this day forward, I will search out those on this board who may act as my namesake. Perhaps one of them will accept my hand, but only to late as I will strike the dark sword of vengeance upon them before they may ever touch the flesh that will always be yours jaybate.

I have a faint cold fear thrills through my veins, That almost freezes up the heat of life.

dynamitehawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Well written and very creative, but really weird.

dynamitehawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Oh Snap - I knew no one from Kentucky could be smart enough to write this. It's Romeo and Juliette .... So.... this is actually a chick or a gay man b/c no straight man would quote or recognize a Romeo and Juliette quote. My guess is that based on the plagiarism and misrepresentation this person is either Paige Laurie or the person that took Derrick Rose's SAT.

UKTroll 10 years, 5 months ago

Well deduced my friend.

While the sprinklings of the great William Shakespeare were inclusive in the letter to my love jaybate, they were only for dramatic effect. Quotation and citation would only have detracted from such, so misrepresentation was an unintended consequence. My apologies if thievery or maleficence were perceived.

Should I include verse in future postings to this site, you may assume that they are the works of another as I am no HPBS (Head Poet Bill Shakespeare).

UKTroll 10 years, 5 months ago

Hey there dynamite...

If jaybate has spurned my love forever, Perhaps you and I should get together. Our passion will be explosive that is a fact, Yours in name and mine in act.

Think about it. Could a dynamitetroll be in our future? I guess only if the dynamite goes BOOM...

brooksmd 10 years, 5 months ago

What about the kid from St Louis that wants to be a Jayhawk? Remember reading about him and I believe I watched a youtube vid, but can't remember the name. What year does he graduate hs and how does he fit in if he does come to KU?

dynamitehawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaybate,

I am inspired, but not UKTroll. I was in dreamland thinking of Peters (no, not that kind) and live chickens.

Tony Bandle 10 years, 5 months ago

Regarding your architectural comments, I couldn't agree more. Without ranting about the situation, let me just sum it up with three words..." The Emperor's Clothes"!!

jaytrey 10 years, 5 months ago

Memhawk-- Thanks for the assistance i didn't have time to mention all the players, but the Shawne Williams case is unbelievable!!! good find.

Brett Glover 10 years, 5 months ago

Anyone else getting Collison vibes from him?... I am.

Jack Wilson 10 years, 5 months ago

Your Collison vibes should be coming from Thomas Robinson ...

Ron_Kellogg 10 years, 5 months ago

He one-upped us again. Teague going to UK.

jaytrey 10 years, 5 months ago

Ralster, I too believe in the Self way and although im a young guy i understand full well the tradition and values Jayhawk basketball has established. That being said thank you very much for the welcome i appreciate it and feel like im home. being stuck in michigan you can imagine the fanfare we get from these Iznos, but ive seen that's to be expected from programs trying to get where you have already been. but anywayz enough of my rambling i also think this year is going to be electric i feel the pieces are seriously in place for a national championship, the hunger left out on that floor last year from our players namely marcus morris and mario little puts a little insight into the kind of offseason these guys are probably going to have. Mix the pot with a little selby(who will b are first true go to guy since pierce i mean really the athleticism and game shown from this kid is unlike what we see in jayhawk land)and to me potential final four team. RCJH!!!

PVJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaybate: Your mad creation UKTroll is now quoting BS (not Bill Self, Bill Shakespeare) and hitting on dynamitehawk. You have to tame her or this thing will get out of control! This is beginning to remind me of the film "Forbidden Planet" where monsters are created from a persons id.

kvskubball 10 years, 5 months ago

Starring Erin Moran if I remember correctly...I watched it way back when...It was off-center enough for me to remember it....

Wacky Ray Walston was the planet's id and killed using the fears in the dreams...

Erin was afraid of.....

@ UKTroll,

"Its alive...its alive!!!!"--Dr. Frankenstein

@ dynamitehawk,

"What have I done...what have I done?!!!!"--jaybate

@ PVJayhawk,

Are you and UKTroll like Cat Woman and Julie Newmar? Never in the same place at the same time? :-)

dynamitehawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Indeed. I think you have 'tapped' a good one.

PVJayhawk,

Could you channel UKTroll for me and ask her if her father looks at all like Walter Pidgeon?

Please tell her I do not look like Leslie Nielsen.

I look more like the Krell might have looked!

:-)

UKTroll 10 years, 5 months ago

I love big brains my dearest jaybate. The Krel are just fine in my book!

Bulletin:

Totally unfounded rumors indicate the aliases UKTroll and PVJayhawk are actually the creation of Chancellor Bernadette Grey-Little.

(Note: All fiction, no malice.)

PVJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Jaybate:

It could be that UKTroll and PVJayhawk are alter egos (although reports of such have been greatly exaggerated) but one must also consider the more likely possibility that Jaybate has Dissociative Identity Disorder, aka Multiple Personality Disorder, and is logging on as several people including UKTroll and PVJayhawk and not realizing it.

UKTroll 10 years, 5 months ago

I love...thyself? :-/

Someone get me to a couch ASAP for further evaluation!!!

By the way PV, you know I could have starred in Amelie. Unfortunately, as has now been established I am a !@#$%^& idiot and do not know French. Plus that little tart Audrey Tautou had some kind of in with the producer and had the part before day 1 even. You're not Audrey, are you PV? We may have to go outside for a little "Cat" fight if you are.

It would have been my greatest performance ever...Oscar worthy I am sure.

PVJayhawk,

Now, now, Audrey, we're just having fun here. :-)

UKTroll,

I called you a !@#$%^& idiot out of respect. :-)

jaybate 10 years, 5 months ago

Bulletin: Ya can't follow the game without a program...

Currently, the line up looks like this:

Batting 1st: UKTroll (avatar: Ashley Judd w/out make-up)--alias quoting Shakespeare's R&J, claiming capacity to play Amelie, the shy, isolated waitress who wants to help people, and also claiming to like big-brained Krel.

Batting 2rd: PVJayhawk (avatar: Audrey "Amelie" Tautou with spoon)--warning about UKTroll running rampant quoting Shakespeare's R&J and suggesting the poor lil'jaybate may have Multiple Personality Disorder

Batting 3rd through 9th: players to be named later.

Line-up analysis: Batters one and two in the line-up make a great good-cop/bad-cop combination for strength at the top of the order.

Who's on first?

What's on first. Who's on second...I don't know's on third.

:-)

PVJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

UKTroll,

You should continue to woo Jaybate, It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife. And so it is with Jaybate who in fair round belly, with good capon lined, with eyes severe, and beard of formal cut, is full of wise saws and modern instances and IS in want of a wife.

PS Your Amelie could not hold a bougie (French for candle) to MY Amelie!!

PVJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

UKTroll:

PPS Jaybate is much better-looking than Leslie Nielsen.

Chris1955 10 years, 5 months ago

Why am I hearing the theme music to the original Twilight Zone? I expect to hear Rod's voice any moment now.