Wednesday, June 24, 2009

KU’s Robinson embracing life on the hill

The regular season is five months away, but for KU freshman Thomas Robinson, it's never too early to get your feet wet.

Comments

Tony Bandle 9 years, 11 months ago

No offense, but what is there to discuss. Maybe a little text on Thomas's progress would be helpful. Not that I have any doubts that Jaybate, KUShaw, 100, LAJayhawk, Lewbowski or any number the dozens of regular posters such as myself can fill this column with interesting questions, supposes or what might be's.

Are you actually allowed to talk with the new recruits? What is his family doing? What's his favorite Lawrence fast food place? Which returning player has taken him under his wing? What would he say to Harrison Barnes or any other recruit about his experineces?

You know, give the column a little depth. [Don't get me wrong, I am totally convinced that this is one of the most informative, interesting and diverse sites in the country]

And if you put up something later today.....well, never mind!!!

Tony Bandle 9 years, 11 months ago

PS...OOPS. My bad. I guess I better learn to push that little grey arrow.

NWjay 9 years, 11 months ago

Is it just me or does he sound like Shaq the way he talks?

jayhawkboogeyman 9 years, 11 months ago

I know most new guys probably say more or less the same things TR does in the interview, but I think he is sincere about his work ethic and realistic about his expectations for playing time, etc. This season. If he keeps working hard and builds his sleek, lean body a bit by the season, both the Morrises could be losing minutes to him. If he has any kind of jump shot, he looks like he could be yet another great KU big man. He and Cole on the floor together will be an unstoppable rebounding unit.

jaybate 9 years, 11 months ago

Post Solstice Wishes:

} Schedule Roy'z boyz now. Kick more baby blue butt. Enjoy.

} Find the fly on Coach Cal's wall. Download his teeny brain to disk. Copy. Upload to NCAA investigators. Watch smoke become fire.

} Dooley stays. KU wins ring. Dooley takes over UK.

} Sunglasses to fish with at 10 PM in Pacific Northwest estuaries.

} Tyshawn breaks 40% from trey this season. CJ introspects from bench. Discovers humility has a role in one's life and actually makes one's talent more valuable. Tyshawn goes pro. CJ breaks 45% from trey the following year. CJ goes pro.

} Brady medical reshirts. Comes back and hits 45% from trey following season. Jumps to L and plays for Utah's Jerry Sloan. Wears Hornacek's number. KU fans finally admit he deserved to start.

} Marcus supernovas. Goes for 30 in the semifinal game. Goes pro.

} Sherron wins second ring. Selected in top 15. Theutus sautees his hat before eating it.

} Cole, sporting new and improved body strength, smashes a Damion James' mid range J all the way up and out of the windows at one end of Allen Field House. They ball actually continues to rise and ultimately enters stationary geosynchronous orbit over Austin, Texas.

} Carl Henry announces that his real name is Carl Bavier, that he is distantly related to Frances Bavier, Aunt Bea on the Andy Griffith Show, and, henceforth, his younger son will be known as by the super-sonorous moniker of Xavier Bavier.

} All Spark is discovered under Allen Field House and Optimus Prime adopts guarding Allen Field House from visually unattractive renovations as his new mission in life.

Lance Hobson 9 years, 11 months ago

Brady is out of redshirts. Sorry to ruin your summer.

mjlindsm 9 years, 11 months ago

Not true. If he gets injured badly enough and early enough (both which I very much wish NOT to happen), there is much precedent for players getting a second redshirt year as a medical redshirt. Then Brady would graduate at age 30 if I'm not mistaken after 5 years of high school and 6 years of college.

In all seriousness, I still say Brady starts over Tyshawn. I think I may be alone on that, but by golly, I think I'm right.

jaybate 9 years, 11 months ago

mjlindsm,

Thanks for the follow up on medical redshirting. I too hope Brady is not injured badly enough to need to redshirt, but with Tyshawn, CJ and Brady capable at the two, if he has any down time at all because of his stress fracture surgery, I would like to see him get a full season of full tilt boogie the following year. And, yes, I too think there is a chance that Brady could wind up playing almost as many minutes this year as last by play 15 at the three and 20 at the two. Unless Tyshawn, or CJ, can shoot 40-45% from trey, Brady's gun is too potent to sit much. Heck, if Xavier proves not to be a 40% man from three, yet does prove to be an otherwise impressive three, Brady may have to play a lot more at the two to keep a 40% bomber on the floor most of the time. It is going to be really fascinating to see how this plays out.

jaybate 9 years, 11 months ago

Strikewso,

Maybe my summer is not ruined afterall. :-)

Lance Hobson 9 years, 11 months ago

We may be able to get Kwame Lassiter to provide some assistance with his redshirt request package.

jayhawker_97 9 years, 10 months ago

i dont' see much coverage on Mr. Robinson here, but he looks like one heck of an athlete. anybody has some pointers?