KU guards take top three spots in ratings
1. Josh Selby: Made 2 of 3 three-pointers to improve his season percentage to .560. Made all six free throws to up his accuracy rate to .938. Turned just six field-goal attempts into 16 points and mixed in seven assists and four steals.
2. Tyshawn Taylor: Seven assists without a turnover to go with 15 points in his best game since Selby’s activation.
3. Tyrel Reed: Opened the game by taking a charge and pretty much did everything right all night. Made 3 of 4 three-pointers, had five assists and one turnover and had five steals and four rebounds. He’s become so much more than a shooter.
4. Travis Releford: Had the play of the game, providing help on Trinity Hall, who was about to turn a back-door cut into an easy bucket until Releford blocked his shot, sprinted down court and got the transition basket on a feed from Selby. Had 13 points in eight minutes and made 2 of 3 three-pointers to jack his season percentage to .462.
5. Marcus Morris: Had 11 points and a team-high seven rebounds in 25 minutes.
6. Elijah Johnson: Played another terrific game offensively, totaling 13 points, two assists and a steal in 26 minutes. Has just nine turnovers in 199 minutes this season.
7. Brady Morningstar: Did some good things, scoring eight points with four assists and three steals, but will need to stop buggin’ from downtown. He missed all three three-balls and is funked-out to the tune of .269 on treys.
8. Jeff Withey: Fouled out in 14 minutes of action, proving he needs to move his feet far better on defense to earn more minutes. Scored seven points, making every shot from the field and line and had two turnovers.
9. Markieff Morris: Totaled four points, four rebounds, four personal fouls, four turnovers and at least four too-many words of trash-talking an opponent, which earned him a technical foul and a seat on the bench for the rest of the second half.
10. Royce Woolridge: Played four minutes and had a point, a rebound, an assist, a personal foul and a turnover.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
T1. Markieff Morris (107 points)
T1. Marcus Morris (107 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (101 points)
4. Thomas Robinson (91 points)
5. Tyrel Reed (75 points)
6. Travis Releford (67 points)
7. Brady Morningstar (60 points)
8. Elijah Johnson (48 points)
9. Josh Selby (42 points)
10. Mario Little (34 points)
11. Jeff Withey (33 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (4 points)
Note: Once Big 12 season begins, both overall and conference Keegan ratings standings will be kept to take into account Selby's late arrival into the rotation.