True freshman tops first Keegan ratings
1. JaCorey Shepherd: Long, slender true freshman had three receptions for 107 yards and two touchdowns and showed an ability to stop and start very smoothly to avoid tacklers. Big-time talent.
2. Steven Johnson: He was all over the field, personifying Turner Gill’s word of the week: Passion. It led to 15 tackles.
3. Toben Opurum: Credited with 3.5 tackles for a loss among his 11 tackles, despite drawing special attention from blockers.
4. Tony Pierson: True freshman has amazingly smooth, quick moves and averaged 14.6 yards on his five carries, one of them a 47-yard run, another a 13-yard touchdown run.
5. James Sims: Steadily keeping the chains moving again, the sophomore ran for 104 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries.
6. Darrian Miller: A nice blend of power and speed and a ton of shiftiness added up to 63 yards on 13 rushes.
7. Jordan Webb: He didn’t hit wide-open receivers right away or put it right where they wanted it, but he did get it to them eventually and had a statistically efficient night. He completed 7 of 10 passes for 146 yards and three touchdowns.
8. Jeremiah Hatch: Senior leader of the offensive line had to be proud of the way the unit blocked for the talented fleet of running backs.
9. Tunde Bakare: Fast linebacker flew all over the place and made hard hits, getting credit for seven tackles.
10. Daymond Patterson: Steady receiver had 34 receiving yards and a touchdown before leaving the game in the second quarter with an injury.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. JaCorey Shepherd (10 points)
2. Steven Johnson (9 points)
3. Toben Opurum (8 points)
4. Tony Pierson (7 points)
5. James Sims (6 points)
6. Darrian Miller (5 points)
7. Jordan Webb (4 points)
8. Jerremiah Hatch (3 points)
9. Tunde Bakare (2 points)
10. Daymond Patterson (1 point)