Marcus Morris tops ratings in KU loss to VCU
1. Marcus Morris: Did not slip into the mode of trying to win it all by himself as Sherron Collins did against Northern Iowa. Morris didn’t shoot great but had a terrific game, especially when leading the charge on a comeback early in the second half. Showed relentless effort on the boards and finished with 20 points, 16 rebounds (eight offensive) and two steals.
2. Tyshawn Taylor: Made a few mental mistakes defensively, but played well and had a far better postseason than regular season. Primed for a big senior year.
3. Markieff Morris: Had eight turnovers and ranks third here, which says all that needs to be said about KU’s performance. Hit the boards hard, picking up 12, five on offense, to go with 13 points, two blocked shots and two steals.
4. Tyrel Reed: Made 1 of 9 shots and 1 of 7 three-pointers and ranks fourth here, which says all that needs to be said about KU’s performance. Had nine points and five rebounds.
5. Brady Morningstar: Made 1 of 7 shots and missed all three three-point attempts. Had three assists, one turnover and three steals.
6. Josh Selby: Tried to shoot KU back into it but as was the case for most of his time since returning from injury, he couldn’t find the hoop. Made 1 of 5 shots and none of his three three-pointers in 15 minutes. When he scored with 4:21 left in the first half to draw KU within 36-21, those were the first points scored by anyone other than Marcus and Markieff Morris.
7. Mario Little: Scoreless in five minutes, he had two rebounds, two personals, one assist and one turnover.
8. Thomas Robinson: Got into early foul trouble and never became a factor. Scoreless with one rebound and one assist in six minutes, he did come up with a big blocked shot late.
9. Elijah Johnson: Scored a point and had an assist in six minutes of action.
10. Travis Releford: Played one defensive possession at the end of the first half but did not appear in the first official NCAA box score distributed.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (320 points)
2. Markieff Morris (282 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (242 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (232 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (231 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (211 points)
7. Josh Selby (135 points)
8. Mario Little (133 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (128 points)
10. Travis Releford (103 points)
11. Jeff Withey (57 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (7 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 and postseason standings
1. Marcus Morris (203 points)
2. Markieff Morris (166 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (165 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (150 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (133 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (116 points)
7. Mario Little (99 points)
8. Josh Selby (88 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (78 points)
10. Travis Releford (32 points)
11. Jeff Withey (24 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (3 points)