Tyrel Reed, Brady Morningstar top players in loss
1. Tyrel Reed: Made 5 of 9 three-point shots and has hit 12 of 21 three-pointers in the past three games. Led team with 17 points and had two steals. Lost track of his man, Cory Joseph, who burned him with a pair of three-pointers.
2. Brady Morningstar: Scored eight points, made 4 of 5 shots, had three assists, a steal, a blocked shot and one turnover. Did a strong job guarding Jordan Hamilton when he was on him and annoyed him to the point Hamilton was whistled for a technical for trash-talking him after scoring on him.
3. Marcus Morris: Had a strong stretch late to pull KU closer, but it was too late during what amounted to an off night for him. Misfired on all four three-point attempts and made just 6 of 17 overall. Had 16 points and seven rebounds.
4. Tyshawn Taylor: Had six assists without a turnover but made just 2 of 8 shots.
5. Thomas Robinson: Showed his mental toughness by playing the day after the unexpected death of his mother. Had two points, five rebounds and four personal fouls in eight minutes.
6. Markieff Morris: Was no match for Texas freshman Tristan Thompson. Had 10 points and five boards on a 2-for-7 shooting day.
7. Jeff Withey: Played three minutes and picked up three rebounds.
8. Josh Selby: Made 2 of 9 field goals, missed all three-point tries and finished with four points, four personals and two turnovers. Is shooting .361 overall and .235 from three-point range in Big 12 play.
9. Mario Little: Looked as if he were trying to bust moves that would remind the crowd of his idol, Michael Jordan, but it didn’t quite work out that way. Made 1 of 4 shots, had a jumper blocked, committed a turnover and totaled two points and three rebounds in 13 minutes.
10. Elijah Johnson: Played four minutes, missed a shot and had two unforced turnovers.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (154 points)
2. Markieff Morris (146 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (130 points)
4. Thomas Robinson (114 points)
5. Tyrel Reed (113 points)
6. Brady Morningstar (93 points)
7. Travis Releford (71 points)
8. Josh Selby (68 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (58 points)
10. Mario Little (52 points)
11. Jeff Withey (38 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (4 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (37 points)
2. Tyrel Reed (31 points)
3. Markieff Morris (30 points)
4. Brady Morningstar (27 points)
T5. Josh Selby (21 points)
T5. Tyshawn Taylor (21 points)
7. Thomas Robinson (20 points)
8. Mario Little (18 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (8 points)
10. Jeff Withey (5 points)