Markieff's career day pushes him to top of ratings
1. Markieff Morris: Bounced back from a three-point, zero-rebound non-performance in K-State loss to have the best game of his career. Relentlessly hit the boards, skillfully passed out of double-teams and produced 26 points, 15 rebounds (eight offensive), two assists, two blocked shots and two steals.
2. Brady Morningstar: Out-played Colorado star Alec Burks, flustering him into taking tough shots. Morningstar scored all of his 16 points in the first half, attempted one shot in the second half, and finished with five assists, two steals and no turnovers. Made 4 of 6 three-point shots and is 21-for-35 from long range in his past eight games.
3. Marcus Morris: Nearly joined his brother with a double-double, chipping in with 16 points, nine rebounds and two assists.
4. Tyrel Reed: Made 3 of 4 three-point shots and totaled 13 points, three rebounds, two assists and two turnovers.
5. Tyshawn Taylor: Made 3 of 4 three-point shots and had five assists, but still had too many turnovers (four).
6. Josh Selby: Couldn’t hit his shots and didn’t have a great defensive performance, but did penetrate and dish nicely and finished with five assists in 21 minutes. Foot still isn’t 100 percent, but has improved.
7. Jeff Withey: Made a nice move in hitting a bank shot and blocked a shot in eight minutes.
8. Elijah Johnson: In an active nine minutes, he missed a pair of three-point shots, had three rebounds, two fouls, two assists, two turnovers and one blocked shot. Has made 3 of 14 threes in the past 11 games.
9. Travis Releford: Flushed it after Selby bounced a fancy lob for him high off the floor for KU’s final bucket.
10. Mario Little: Played 10 scoreless minutes and picked up one rebound and three fouls.
11. Royce Woolridge: Played the final minute and missed a three. For the season, he has played 40 minutes and has produced nine points, seven rebounds and nine assists with three turnovers. He’s made 3 of 12 shots and 1 of 5 three-pointers.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (219 points)
2. Markieff Morris (204 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (176 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (159 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (157 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (146 points)
7. Josh Selby (96 points)
8. Travis Releford (94 points)
9. Mario Little (90 points)
10. Elijah Johnson (78 points)
11. Jeff Withey (55 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (5 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (102 points)
2. Brady Morningstar (91 points)
3. Markieff Morris (88 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (77 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (67 points)
6. Mario Little (56 points)
7. Thomas Robinson (52 points)
8. Josh Selby (49 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (28 points)
10. Travis Releford (23 points)
11. Jeff Withey (22 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (1 point)