Elijah Johnson's offense, defense lead charge against USC
1. Elijah Johnson: Led the team with 14 points and four steals, played excellent perimeter defense and picked up four rebounds.
2. Tyshawn Taylor: Playing without the knee brace he wore the previous three games, Taylor played an excellent defensive game and contributed nine assists with just two turnovers, both late. Also contributed 10 points and four rebounds.
3. Thomas Robinson: Not passing well enough out of double-teams to discourage opponents from constantly trapping him. Had 10 points, nine rebounds, two steals, five turnovers, and an impressive coast-to-coast drive that resulted in a left-handed layup from the right side of the lane.
4. Jeff Withey: Took advantage of all the extra attention paid to Robinson and had a near double-double with nine points, nine rebounds (six offensive) and two blocked shots.
5. Conner Teahan: Caught fire from the corner, made 4 of 7 three-point shots and scored 13 points to compensate for three turnovers.
6. Travis Releford: Played well defensively, but didn’t look as smooth at the other end, scoring three points in 28 minutes.
7. Justin Wesley: Had two points, one rebound and two blocked shots in eight minutes.
8. Kevin Young: Played 13 minutes, made 1 of 5 field-goal attempts, collected four rebounds and had his share of defensive struggles.
9. Naadir Tharpe: Played three minutes, long enough to get charged with three personal fouls and a turnover.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (102 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (87 points)
3. Elijah Johnson (75 points)
4. Jeff Withey (73 points)
5. Travis Releford (71 points)
6. Conner Teahan (60 points)
7. Justin Wesley (48 points)
8. Kevin Young (46 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (27 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (4 points)