1. Thomas Robinson: Struggled mightily with relentless double-teams and was late with help defense on more than one occasion, had three turnovers, shot 39 percent from the field and 58 percent from the line, but also had three times as many rebounds (18) as anybody else in the game and shared game-high scoring honors (21 points) with Davidson guard Nik Cochran.
2. Travis Releford: Was team’s best defender and he totaled eight points, six rebounds and four steals.
3. Elijah Johnson: Threw a few perfect passes for lob dunks, scored 15 points, had six assists and just one turnover. Didn’t play particularly well defensively and made just 3 of 10 three-point field goals.
4. Tyshawn Taylor: Didn’t miss any games because of a torn meniscus, playing 69 minutes in two games before surgery and 33 minutes in Monday’s game. Played eight days after surgery. Give him bonus points for toughness, but also note the operation did not reduce his penchant for turnovers. Had five of them to go with seven assists, three steals and 15 points. Made just 1 of 5 three-pointers and 6 of 11 free throws and had a rough night defensively, perhaps in part because of the knee.
5. Jeff Withey: Had a difficult time keeping up with Davidson’s quicker post players. Totaled nine points, four rebounds and two blocked shots in 16 minutes.
6. Conner Teahan: Couldn’t cash in on numerous open looks and made just 2 of 8 three-pointers. Fouled out after contributing six points, five rebounds and two turnovers in 26 minutes.
7. Justin Wesley: Had three rebounds and a turnover in eight foul-free minutes.
8. Kevin Young: Scoreless in 10 minutes. Had two offensive rebounds and two personal fouls.
9. Naadir Tharpe: Caught out of position on defense and gave up an easy bucket on an inbound play. Had an assist and a turnover in three minutes.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (94 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (78 points)
T3. Jeff Withey (66 points)
T3. Travis Releford (66 points)
5. Elijah Johnson (65 points)
6. Conner Teahan (54 points)
T7. Justin Wesley (44 points)
8. Kevin Young (43 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (25 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (4 points)