Friday, April 5, 2019

Sophomore guard K.J. Lawson leaving Kansas

Kansas guard K.J. Lawson (13) looks to disrupt a pass between Northeastern guard Donnell Gresham Jr. (22) and Northeastern forward Tomas Murphy (33) during the first half, Thursday, March 21, 2019 at Vivint Smart Homes Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah.

A source close to the Lawson family confirmed to the Journal-World late Thursday night that reports about KU sophomore K.J. Lawson entering the transfer portal were in fact true.

Several outlets, including 247 Sports as well as national college basketball Jeff Goodman, first reported the news on Thursday evening.

KU coach Bill Self, through a news release sent out at 9:30 a.m. Friday, confirmed the news, saying, "K.J. will graduate this spring and transfer as a graduate transfer. We appreciate his time and efforts at KU and wish him the best moving forward."

Lawson, who will turn 23 on May 7 and graduate from KU later that month, will be immediately eligible to play for his next school because of the graduate transfer rule.

The 6-foot-8, 210-pound guard from Memphis, who transferred to KU with his younger brother Dedric Lawson before the 2017-18 season, played in 34 games during his lone season of eligibility with the Jayhawks.

While playing limited and inconsistent minutes during KU’s 26-10 season which recently wrapped up, Lawson averaged 3.1 points and 2.0 rebounds in 10 minutes per game while shooting 46.3 percent from the floor and 31 percent from 3-point range.

Lawson came up big in a handful of games for the Jayhawks, including a road win at TCU that kept Kansas in the Big 12 title race and the team’s first-round NCAA Tournament win over Northeastern a couple of weeks ago.

It is not yet known where Lawson, who plans to get married on July 14 to a woman he met at KU, will transfer, but some have speculated about a return to Memphis, where he could play for new Memphis coach Penny Hardaway, who coached him in AAU ball.

A little less than 2 weeks before making his decision to leave Kansas, Lawson said he enjoyed every second of his brief career as a Jayhawk.

“Just being at KU, it’s a great feeling,” he told the Journal-World after KU’s loss to Auburn. “These fans, there’s no better place to play, and I always looked forward to playing in that crowd and that building.”

Lawson becomes the second member of KU’s 2018-19 team to decide to transfer during the offseason, joining backup guard Charlie Moore, who last weekend announced his plans to relocate closer to his hometown of Chicago.

With at least three other Jayhawks — Dedric Lawson, Udoka Azubuike and Quentin Grimes — still facing stay-or-go decisions about their futures, Self could soon have several scholarships available to hand out in the Class of 2019.

In an interview with the Journal-World last weekend, Self provided an easy way to remember exactly how many that would be in the weeks ahead.

“We can basically sign the number that leaves,” Self said. “That can be as many as four or five or it could be as few as two or three.”

Right now, after the news of K.J. Lawson’s departure, the number of KU’s available scholarships sits at 2. Stay tuned to see just how high it climbs.

Comments

Karen Mansfield-Stewart 7 months, 2 weeks ago

That's too bad. I think KJ could have had a much bigger role on next year's team. Best wishes where ever you land KJ!

Ryan Zimmerman 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I might get lambasted for this comment today like I did yesterday, and it's an opinion and not everyone has to agree here with it, but the team next year is going to really struggle. I'm thinking Dedric is gone for sure now based on 1. KJ leaving 2. He has nowhere to go but down and don't see his draft stock improving regardless. He's proven he's a fantastic college player that will maybe translate into an average NBA player so I can see him going in the mid 50s of the draft. I used to think he'd stay but not sure anymore. Dok is gone as well- if he gets injured again, no NBA team is going to take a chance on him. He'll take his shot at the NBA and work his way up if he's not drafted late. QG I believe is smart enough to stick around, despite Tait speculating he may leave. He can really develop and get back on the draft boards. Silvio stays because why not... But again you're looking at a core group of Dotson, Lightfoot, DMC, Garrett and Ochai and most likely QG. I'm sure Dotson will be the leader, and those mentioned are good players, but they are not great "Starters". Plus, there is a solid chance that KU could legitimately only have 8 players on the roster if we don't pick up anymore recruits. I'm not counting Silvio or the walkons, but with two signees and the rest up in the air, we could be looking at an incredibly thin roster. One injury to Dotson and this team is done, IMO Again, MY opinion:)

Matt Tait 7 months, 2 weeks ago

You make some valid points and your concerns are legit, (although I believe Dotson, Ochai, Garrett and McCormack are all terrific options as starters) but the one concern you have that is completely off is the idea that the roster could only have 8 scholarship players on it.

Self and company might not be able to land a bunch of big fish — and they still might, too — but they'll add pieces one way or another. Whether they're late commitments or unheralded players in the 2019 class or grad transfers or a combination of both, they'll add enough players to have 12 or 13 scholarship players on the 2019-20 roster.

It's going to be a wild few weeks and we'll know A LOT more after Matt Hurt (April 19) and Cassius Stanley (April 17) make their decisions in a couple weeks.

Ryan Zimmerman 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Yes, I would be shocked if we ended up with just 8 players and I know there are unsigned guys, transfers, etc. I'm just surprised we aren't associated or connected strongly with many if any right now. Can we safely say ANY one is a strong KU lean at this point?

Matt Tait 7 months, 2 weeks ago

KU's got as good of a shot at Matt Hurt as anybody and possibly Precious Achiuwa, too. Just because they're not leaning hard toward KU — that we know of — doesn't mean they're leaning away from KU either.

And the grad transfer market looks rich with talent and is full of guys looking for exactly what KU can offer -- a chance to play at a big time program and win big.

Beyond that, there surely are a few guys out there who KU is in on that they're keeping quiet for one reason or another.

I hear what you're saying, but you've gotta let it all play out. What looks like a potential panic situation today could turn into a Top 10 class in 2 weeks. If it doesn't, they'll go from there and try to find some more diamonds in the rough. They're out there.

Andy Godwin 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I will disagree a bit regarding "although I believe Dotson, Ochai, Garrett and McCormack are all terrific options as starters". I think it is clear that to advance deep into the NCAA tournament, as well as compete in the Big 12 next season, KU will need shooters. Dotson is a fantastic point guard who will hopefully become a more consistent outside threat like Frank and Devonte before him. However, for Ochai and Garrett to be "terrific options" they need to dramatically improve on their consistency from outside the arch. In this day and age, KU needs some dependable lights out shooters (who can also play defense) to be view in the upper echelon of college basketball. At times Dedric was KU's best 3 point threat and with him gone there goes 20/10, which may be very difficult to replace with one guy currently on the roster. Self has been targeting Matt Hurt big time and if he loses this recruit, we might see a graduate transfer or two starting. Normally when Self clears some scholarships, he has a plan.

Tom Jones 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Dotson may very well end up being the worst person next year's team could lose to injury, especially if Dedric and Dok both leave because...he's a stud.

And don't worry, the staff will fill the roster out. KU may not be a national title contender right off the bat, but I wouldn't write them off jussssst yet.

Shannon Gustafson 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Anybody who's making predictions about next year's team when we 1) don't know who's leaving and 2) don't know who's coming in is just asking to look like a fool when it's all said and done.

We don't know if Hurt or Stanley or Precious or any lower level guys will sign with us.

IF a bunch of guys leave then that makes it even more likely that a few late guys sign as those guys are typically waiting to see what sort of minutes are available for them and a thin roster = more minutes available.

The same goes for transfers. We know the staff is in on at least 3 of them and if we know about those 3 then they are likely looking at way more than that .

We've got almost twice as many unknowns and known's currently so it's pointless to make any predictions when nobody has any idea what roster we'll have next year.

Marius Rowlanski 7 months, 2 weeks ago

We're not losing out on a rising star w/KJ but do we have a target in a to replace him?

I'm guessing not.

Lester Earl's dad was a former Jayhawk and has a couple of sons playing. A suppossed strong KU lean left for Vanderbilt. Same w/Cauley Stein. seems when Duke or Kentucky calls the top Kansas players go elsewhere.

ALL 3 are in the NBA!

Jeff Kallmeyer 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Based on whomever else leaves, I would strongly suggest evaluating the graduate transfer pool. Look at the help TTU received from their two graduate transfer starters!

Matt Tait 7 months, 2 weeks ago

There's little doubt in my mind that they'll add at least one and possibly two grad transfers in the next couple of weeks or months. I think they'll have to from both a bodies perspective and an experience standpoint.

Marius Rowlanski 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Maybe we can get 3 transfers willing to sit out again and make practice real fun.

Like we just did. This year reminds me of the Hubble Telescope when it first opened. All the precise measurements checked and rechecked. But they never jelled. Mostly not their fault. Bring Back Ted!!

Tony Bandle 7 months, 2 weeks ago

One way to look at it from Stanley's and Hurt's perspectives is that, the more people who leave, the more opportunity for major playing time under a HOF coach on a National Power with great exposure becomes available.

Just saying....a coin always has two sides.

Barry Weiss 7 months, 2 weeks ago

This is not a big surprise and I wish KJ well. He was a very good Jayhawk and will do well wherever he lands. I think all we have left that will leave is Dedric. This jazz about Q leaving is not based on any reasonable facts. Dok has to develop a FT shot that can get him to 60% if we wants a reasonable opportunity in the NBA, so I look for him to come back. You heard it here first!

Matt Tait 7 months, 2 weeks ago

So much more to it than stats and skills. I'll be legitimately shocked if both Q and Dok come back. I'd bet good money on both leaving and great money on at least one of the two leaving. Time will tell.

Bill Lamson 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Help my understand why Q leaving makes any sense. He's had essentially no success so far...a couple of good games here doesn't count and I don't see how that translates into being drafted. Sure he might have a lot of potential...but do you really think an NBA team is going to use a draft pick just potential??
don't get me wrong, I like him and think he can eventually turn into a much much better player, but he's nowhere close to that yet.

Matt Tait 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I don't know this to be true, but here's one way you could look at it from his perspective...

• He came to KU expecting/wanting to be a one-and-done player. And he did not have the season he wanted/needed to have to make that happen.

• But he still has enough upside and there's still enough to like about his game and frame that could get him drafted. Beyond that, he's still close enough to the highlights and numbers he put up in high school for those to be a factor.

• If he returns and struggles again — definitely an if, but it could happen — then he's put himself another year behind the 8 ball.

• He could, of course, be more like Wayne Selden and get better at KU as his career goes on, but even at that Selden wound up going undrafted.

To me, it's just a simple matter of trying to strike while the iron's still at least lukewarm. Beyond that, sometimes kids just get it in their head that they want to follow a certain plan and don't really look to deviate from that plan even when things go awry.

Again, I don't know any of this to be absolutely true with Grimes, but I definitely think some of it could be a factor here.

Time will tell...

Marius Rowlanski 7 months, 2 weeks ago

They'll do a "Where are They Now?"

Dedric will be moving up the coaching ranks after having several solid pro years. Q needs to make the right move for him. I'm not drafting a kid who played average at best on an average team.

Wayne Seldon is nearing 1.5 m for a 3 year contract. Guessing at that amount but that is in the ballpark.

David Howell 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Preaching to the choir ........ unless they use High School / AAU tapes as a guide, not much this year would guide an NBA team into taking him at this time.

Barry Weiss 7 months, 2 weeks ago

wow, you seem pretty sure on this and you obviously know one heck of a lot more about the team than me. I had been figuring Grimes, who I like a lot, would be back no question and Dok 70% back. I guess we do really need some big time recruits now.

Shannon Gustafson 7 months, 2 weeks ago

These decisions to go pro are often not based on making sense to us fans, or being based in reality. Every year a LOT of kids declare for the draft and don't get drafted and most of them had no shot at getting drafted to begin with.

You have to realize some of these kids have been hearing for YEARS that they are one and done talent and a few months of poor play isn't going to make them believe otherwise. They are teenagers after all, not exactly rational/realistic thinkers.

Some have so much smoke blown up their rear's from their friends/family that they believe they are way better than the stats show and it's the fault of the coach/system that they didn't excel.

Some believe they played out of position in college and will excel in their natural position even though the position doesn't change whether or not you can make open shots, drive to the basket, make layups in traffic, or have more assists than turnovers (Grimes thinks he's a point guard FYI so make of that whatever you want).

Basically every college basketball "insider" says Grimes is gone (not drafted, gone) so it would be a shock if he comes back at this point.

If he thinks his only chance to excel is to play the point then he'll either transfer (he's not taking the point spot from Dotson) or he'll try to prove it in the G League or overseas or hope he gets drafted.

Marius Rowlanski 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Did Josh Selby make the decision to forgo any more college ball and enterered the draft on his own? Serious question Barry. I couldn't find anything.

I know: 2 different cases w/an iota of similarity. but Grimes will climb back and find his game. Grimes will do whatever is needed to make money and look out for his family.

KU, NBA, Europe, etc.

Brian Wilson 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I agree with you on Q. He was supposed to be one and done and at another school he would be the PG. But now Braun, plus possibly Beverly, or Stanley comes and there is no way Q keeps the 3 spot.

I was hoping Dedric wouldn't go and if not KJ stays but now KJ entering the portal Dedric must be gone. Dok, IDK?!

I also believe Silvio is gone. I would think he won't take the chance of sitting again and just play Euroball for $. I hope I'm wrong because we are getting seriously short on big men with only one that I know of that we are in the running to sign. We could be left with just Mac and Lightfoot to add to.

Gerry Butler 7 months, 2 weeks ago

now listen to this. -- Doke WILL NOT be coming back. - -just crazy to think he is. - -Doke is ready to make some money. - The only reason he would come back is for his Degree. - - Doke quite possibly will not even be drafted period - -the problem with Doke is - he is in the old era NBA -- he has NO SHOT period. - -all he does is Dunk the ball or a little 3-4 ft lil hook. - That is not going to cut it in the NBA - -if you look most of your NBA big's can take the ball out on the floor - hit the J - -Doke does not have that shot. Doke coming back will not improve his draft status enough for him to come back. - -With his history of injuries - -here is no way he comes back and risks the possibility of getting injured yet again that could cost him ANY chance of ever playing any kind of pro ball anywhere. - not worth the risk. - -Chances are more likely then not - -he goes' over sea's just like so many others and makes some sweet money - bottom line he ISN'T coming back period.

Dirk Medema 7 months, 2 weeks ago

The only reason ... because you're certain he can't improve.

The NBA told him a year ago that he needed to improve. He hasn't had a chance to show it this year, and with the injury it seems unlikely that he's had much chance to work on it.

But if you're certain he can't improve, then he might as well go apply to flip burgers or something else with his HS diploma.

Chris DeWeese 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I'm sure Bill Self has a contingency plan for any and every outcome. He's got big time recruits waiting to see where our guys go. He's got grad transfers waiting to see where the big time recruits go. This happens every year, and Self has made out pretty good compared to most coaches.

Stuart Corder 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Chris, you’re right - this happens every year. I’m tired of seeing talented players transfer away from HCBS/KU.

K.J. Lawson is a talent that should have been developed, not benched; cultivated, rather than replaced. More so than Charlie Moore, K.J. Lawson was squandered.

With two bench players (transfers) transferring, who else is going to leave? I was looking forward to next season’s team....but now it’s looking ominous.

Tom Jones 7 months, 2 weeks ago

You should consider tutoring Coach Self...

Karen Mansfield-Stewart 7 months, 2 weeks ago

He could use it. It's been almost a full year since he's been the the final four. Ridiculous!

Marius Rowlanski 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Maybe someone at Texas Tech can help out. Their team was 100% behind their pre-season goals and have caught KU in two years...

SAD

Stuart - by far, more players transfer in than the number leaving at KU.

Tom Jones 7 months, 2 weeks ago

KU lost their top 3 returning players. If you had told me who'd be on the roster come tournament time, I'd have had us losing right where we did.

Don't get me wrong, TT is doing great, but they didn't lose half their team, either.

Chris DeWeese 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Yeah, I don't like to see our players leave, but I think that's just the nature of the game these days. All major powerhouse schools deal with this, not just KU. I do long for the days of seeing lots of upperclassmen lead the way to 30 win seasons. I guess the point I'm making is that Coach Self knows how to play this game, and play it well. Not every year can be a Final Four year, but he averages over 25 wins per year. Better than most.

Craig Carson 7 months, 2 weeks ago

With more departures in the way and the recruiting being subpar so far, next years team is shaping up to potentially be Self's worst...if Dedric Dok and Q leave and KU can't land any impactful recruits we will be on serious trouble

Dirk Medema 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Definitely get your hardhat out. The sky is falling.

Layne Pierce 7 months, 2 weeks ago

The bad news is ... and the good news is... We have 2 very good 4 star recruits already signed, and getting bodies who can at least replace KJ and Charlie should not be impossible, so frankly no big deal. Now when we get to Dedric and Doke, Big Deal: Very big deal. Most likely we cannot replace them, and so the team will have to evolve in a different direction for success. Last year's team "rode" Dedrick to the max, even to the point of not being good for the team concept. At times because no one else was getting it done, he had to simply try to do the impossible surrounded by 3 players if he caught it in the post, or trying to drive through three from the top of the key, that he succeeded often is a credit to him, but it did not help the growth of the team. There will be no freebies next year, everyone of the players returning has to step up, play harder, play smarter, and stop being afraid. As much as I hate it when Garrett shoots from the outside, when it's late in the clock and they give him a shot he has to take it. Also, we have to develop better awareness of getting people the ball when they can do something with it.

Last year's team 1) was not athletic enough to simply overpower people. 2) could not pass well enough to get easy shots 3) could not drive to break down the defense (exception Dotson of course) 3) was very weak shooting threes 4) defense lacked intensity

Now, whoever we get that's new, no matter how great, will not compensate for these short-comings if they continue into the next year.

RCJH

Jason Njoroge 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Matt What’s your take on the potential new rule about grad transfers, and if they don’t finish their graduate degree we have to lose a scholarship for the following year? Do you think that will affect KU’s decision on bringing in grad transfers for next year?

Matt Tait 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Don't know a ton about where that's at, but I do think that it would have to be in place before it impacted anything. My point there being, KU could take grad transfers this year and not have to worry about that rule impacting these particular guys.

As for the rule overall, I'm a fan and I think it'll really slow down the grad transfer movement and also make coaches really think twice and thrice about who they're taking and if they're worth it.

Should be interesting to watch.

Brett McCabe 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Here’s a thought. How about recruiting solid players who will be here for 3-4 years (and actually be eligible to play, and don’t require an Adidas check) and build a roster that doesn’t look like the drive thru. line at a McDonalds during lunch hour? This non-stop tail-chasing orchestrated by Self is tiresome and leads to the yearly mess that this program always seems to be in. It’s borderline grotesque, and we haven’t even heard from the NCAA.

No one at KU seems willing to grind. Just run around, grab the latest, greatest that we can buy and then? Do it again next year.

Steve Zimmerman 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Great thought. But I have hope in McBride and Christian - they look legit 3-4yr recruits. But we need more than just 2. I'm really happy with Mason, 'Tae, Svi - those are the kind of players we need to go after from early on. But, I'm really concern in how our coaching staff recruit bigs who are athletic, who-can-shoot bunches like Auburn or Tennessee or other colleges have. We definitely don't have good way of evaluating this kind.

Steve Zimmerman 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I started to like KJ's guts, actually. He might not be the strongest or most athletic, but he's got nice strokes, floaters, he's got length to bother shooters, he can rebound. Most of all, he's got that right decision making trait. Thank you for your contribution, KJ! All the best whatever your decision is. Rock Chalk!

Oh, enlighten me on this: Are there any reasons why KU is still sticking with Adidas? Why can't we use the NCAA fraud trial on Adidas as an excuse to switch sponsor to Nike? I'm tired of us getting leftovers (maybe not the best word choice, but you know what i mean) from top HS prospects. I mean, what's Georgia to KU? ;) - Thanks!

Chad Smith 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Not saying it would play out this way, but I'd gladly take Precious, Hurt and Beverley in exchange for Kj, Moore, and Dedric being gone. That's two 5 stars and a rising 4 star who already plays with one of the 5 stars. That would raise hopes immediately. Lots to happen still this month.

Brad Avery 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Hope the walk-ons KU has left are good players. They may be needed. And surely there are more Christian Moodys/Matt Kleinmans/Stephen Vinsons out there somewhere.

Joe Black 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Christian Moody OK Matt Kleinman and Stephen Vinson NOPE

You threw two guys who rarely played in with a guy who was a starter. Lame

Brad Avery 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Sorry for the "crippled" observation, but all three were walk-ons in case your memory of the KU basketball program did not go back that far. All three were good players, albeit Moody is the only one who received significant playing time.

Matt Stone 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Steve, obviously switching to Nike and their Addidas like payouts is not the answer either. Good luck to KJ! Hoping Hurt and a big Grad Transfer join the team. A 3 pt SG/SF is a must too.

Mike Barnhart 7 months, 2 weeks ago

This roster was weird to begin with: Grimes is a tweener, not quick enough to play point and can't shoot a lick as the two. Marcus Garrett is a defensive specialist who likes to shoot jumpers. Dedric is Perry Ellis, really smooth for a five who should be a four. Ochai probably just needs more experience. And, Devon is perfect for Bill Self's old "rotating three guards" system, he just needs two more guys!

Brannen Green, er, Quinton Grimes can go ahead and apply for his work visa in Belgium. Even if Dedric comes back, he's shouldn't be our "go to" guy. The real NBA talent he faces in March will always steal his lunch money. (See Perry Ellis.)

The key to next year will be keeping either Doke or Silvio. Alongside McCormack, we'd have two bad boys inside and Devon at the point. We'd have spots to fill at SG but it'd be a good start!

Dennis Strick 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Well, Mr. Jay Scott who thought I was crackers, here is player 1 of 5 that I said would be leaving the program. Once again, as always you got it wrong. Maybe there is another website you can troll where you would have a higher chance of your thoughts being accurate and interesting. Maybe there is a Barbie collectors website looking for new, radical input. You obviously know nothing about sports. As for the rest of you....buckle up because it is going to be a bumpy ride in the basketball program for the next two months. That makes a total of 3 players gone out of seven possible. Coach Self will really have his work cut out for him to rebuild and reestablish the program and team chemistry. In the end it will be the best thing that could ever happen.

Gerry Butler 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I've been one who has thought KJ was leaving for sure. - -we know Dedric is gone and him and KJ being really close - -knew that KJ was on track to graduate -- plus him getting married - -Dedric gone = KJ being gone. - -you figure Doke gone - - -Grimes Gone - - - - -Moore Gone - - -Vick gone - -gonna be lots of playing time available

Bj Cassady 7 months, 2 weeks ago

We will be thin, getting players with the cloud hanging over our program will be very tough. We might have to get raw players and develop them. Number one need is a point guard, then a couple of inside bangers then some 3pt shooters.

Dirk Medema 7 months, 2 weeks ago

1 need is a pg?

Am I missing the sarcasm font?

Michael Sillman 7 months, 2 weeks ago

The headline to this article provided the reason why K.J. Lawson left. It calls him a guard.

If he had stayed at Kansas, he would not have seen any action at guard. His playing time would have come in one of the big slots.

K.J. does see himself as a guard and wants to find a school that will play him as one.

Barry Weiss 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I can't believe all of the sky is falling stuff on here. Diminitve Pultae.

Jeremy Bornman 7 months, 2 weeks ago

BJ Cassidy... did too say the number one need on this team is a point guard?!?

Joe Baker 7 months, 2 weeks ago

One board has Grimes going #7 to Orlando? Even with his shooting issues as a combo guard.

If this is true, QG is gone.

Brett McCabe 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I'm unsure why everyone thinks Devon is a lock to return. He was the second-best player on the team and, other than throwing it to Silvio on the bench, he's pretty going to have to drive it every possession. My thought is that we switch to a fullback-dive offense. Get the guys lined up properly and see how close Devon can get to the rim.

Barry Weiss 7 months, 2 weeks ago

lol....no way. Maybe that was before the season. right now I've checked a number of mock drafts. Dok on one about 50th. Dedric on one about 43.

Brad Watson 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Good Luck K.J. ...appreciate your contribution to the program.....you are really going to be good somewhere next year...you have a lot of talent and I look forward to following your career and I will be checking your box scores wherever you end up...make sure you pick a place that will let you do your thing....I think you are a star on the rise!