Thursday, February 21, 2013

115 Years of Kansas Basketball Reunion list

Here’s a list of former KU basketball players, coaches, managers, trainers, broadcasters, administrators signed up for this weekend’s 115 Years of Basketball Reunion:

Amy Soetaert, Josh Adams, Bob Anderson, Paul Arenson, Howard Arndt

Sarah Bachand, Tim Banks, Cris Barnthouse, Arnie Baum, Gary Bender, Kim Blocher, Glenn Boor, Richard Borgen, Fred N. Bosilevac, Jr., Fred N. Bosilevac, Joel Branstrom, Lacey Breech, Dave Brill, Roger Brown, R.C. Buford, Clinton “Bud” Bull, Ken Buller

Mark Cairns, Rick Calloway, Jeff Carey, Eric Chenowith, Randy Colbertson, John Crider, Robert Crisler, Robert Crown

Pat Davis, Carl Deane, Dave Dennis, Jimmy Dillon, Jeff Dishman, Dallas Dobbs

Lester Earl, Jaye Ediger, Butch Ellison, Nolen M. Ellison, Doug Elstun, Robert Emery, Mark Ewing

Max Falkenstien, John Flannagan, Bob Flickner, Don Franklin, Ronald Franz

Harry Gibson, Dick Gisel, Lane Green, Lee Green, Dale Greenlee, Jeff Gueldner, Paul Guess, Tony Guy, Derril Gwinner

Dale Haase, Jeff Hackel, Dwight Haley, John Hampton, Jeff Hawkins, Clay Hedrick, Jr., Bill Heitholt, James Hoffman, Blaine Hollinger, Bill Hougland, Allan Hurst

Alonzo Jamison, David Johanning, Jill Johansen Hurt, Monte Johnson, Jordan Juenemann

Todd Kappelmann, Warren Richard Keller, Al Kelley, Bob Kenney, Dee Ketchum, Tom King, Matt Kleinmann, Mark Knight, Murray Knox, Michael Koehler, Ken Koenigs, Richard Konzem, Matt Kovich

Dale Ladner, Ron Lang, Sean Lester, Bill Lienhard, John Light, Ralph Light, Riney Lochmann, Bob Lockwood, Ron Loneski, Jeff Long, Al Lopes, Wayne Louderback

Molley Mackey, Mike Maddox, David Magley, Russ Marcinek, Olivia Maresh, Bob Marshall, Chris Martin, Donnell Martin, Brian Martin, Neal Mask, Marvin Mattox, Robert McMichael, Mandy Meyer, Kevin Meyer, Matt Miller, J. Christian Miller, Polly Miranda, Christian Moody, Roger Morningstar, Gary Mowry, Sean Mulhern

Douglas “Booty” Neal, Moulaye Niang, Taeler Nieder, Terry Nooner, Lafayette Norwood, Scott Novosel

Brett Olson, Ted Owens

Gary Padgett, Robert Pankratz, Charles Peacock, Sean Pearson, Owen Peck, Mark Perlmutter, Justin Pins, Chris Piper, Scot Pollard, Rachel Preisner, Shannon Presti, David Preston, Jay Price

Mark Randall, Patrick Richey, Bradley Ridgway, Mark Rivard, Shane Robinson, Dave Robisch, Richard Ruggles, Glenn Russell

Brad Sanders, Shawn Scanlan, John Schmidt, Bethany Scothom, Bill Shea, Reuben Shelton, Wayne Simien, Bruce Sloan, Tommie Smith, Loye Sparks, John Stacy, Mac Stallcup, Bud Stallworth, Wally Strauch, Mark Summers, Michael Sykes

Mark Taylor, Conner Teahan, Stephanie Temple, Billy Thomas, Calvin Thompson, John Thompson, Brett Thompson, George Thompson, Danny Tyrrell

Kurt Unruh

David Van Daff, Robert “Buddy” Vance, Stephen Vinson, Donnie Von Moore

Milt Wade, Jerry Waugh, Blake Weichbrodt, Walt Wesley, T.J. Whatley, Jo Jo White, Jerry Williams, Travis Williams, John Williams, Robert Wilson, Matt Wolff, Pete Woodward, Rick Worrel, Bob Worthington

George Yarnevich

Sheahon Zenger, Chris Zerbe, Joel Zuniga, Jessica Zuniga.

Comments

oldalum 1 year, 9 months ago

It is really wonderful that so many people come back for these reunions. I remember they had one at K-State several years ago and only about a dozen people came. I thought that was very sad since we are used to having so many return. I guess it depends on whether a university continues to try to keep them involved. Welcome back everyone.

nuleafjhawk 1 year, 9 months ago

K-State only had a dozen people show up?

So, that means all of their past superstars, their spouses and kids. Nice.

Jason Keller 1 year, 9 months ago

Are you kidding, Beasley alone has more kids than that

jhox 1 year, 9 months ago

Best post of the year, Kellerman!

Michael Luby 1 year, 9 months ago

and it depends on if you are a KU Jayhawk or not! HA! So many people, man thats great stuff. I work at KU Hospital and I see Christian Moody around from time to time. Its fun to say hi and have a bit of small talk about KU Bball with a former player.

Scott MacWilliams 1 year, 9 months ago

Wish I could get there for this one! Scot "PaintedNails" Pollard, TJ Whatley, Billy Thomas, Alonzo Jamison, lots of my favorites!!

Hey "Staff Reports", one thing that would help me on this list, is to see the years played/associated by each name so I can place the folks who I don't recognize here. Any possibility that could be added in??

That is going to be a great day to have all those Jayhawks together!!

ku1otaku 1 year, 9 months ago

T-J WHAT-LEY! (clap-clap, clap, clap, clap...)

Michael Sillman 1 year, 9 months ago

It is great to see Tommie Smith is coming. He is still the highest jumping basketball player that I have ever seen in person. Too bad that he played before the dunk was legal in college.

I can remember Smith going up for an alley oop but the guard threw the ball way too high almost to the top of the backboard.

Smith went up and just kept going toward the rafters of Allen. He caught the ball with his right hand and banked it off the glass.

The fieldhouse went nuts.

chezlog 1 year, 9 months ago

Don't forget Charles Peacock-The High Jumper

Dee Shaw 1 year, 9 months ago

Two guys I always enjoyed playing that aren't on this list are, Eric Pauley and Richard Scott. Wonder what they are doing today?

Trace Stark 1 year, 9 months ago

Last I heard, Richard was an Arkansas Highway patrol man.

LittleRockJayhawker 1 year, 9 months ago

NZJHawk, you are correct. I remembered the '94 team (Ostertag, Vaughn, and Pollard), but had forgotten about Scott. He went to high school in Little Rock. http://www.asp.arkansas.gov/newsroom/index.php?do:newsDetail=1&news_id=57

Martin Rosenblum 1 year, 9 months ago

I guess the Tarheels are playing or Ol' Roy surely would be on the list. Seriously, there would be several more to come if they weren't busy coaching, which is a point of pride for the program in itself. Vaughn, Haase, Manning, Turgeon, L. Brown, Calipari and others whose names escape me. Then, there are all of the NBA guys who will be playing or travelling (or re-locating to new cities!) and can't make it to Lawrence.

justinryman 1 year, 9 months ago

Can Nick Krug get a panoramic pic of all those players standing on Naismith court?

Can you imagine that as a poster behind your desk, your bar above your big screen TV?

Dan Harris 1 year, 9 months ago

That would be AWSOME! Somebody make it happen and I'll buy one.

Suzi Marshall 1 year, 9 months ago

Oh geez ... looking over this list ....how I wish to be up there for this one!

Eric Dawson 1 year, 9 months ago

So cool, but gotta wonder if there will be any room left for the fans? ;)

Woody Cragg 1 year, 9 months ago

Walt Wesley, Jo Jo, Stallworth, Tommie Smith, Calvin Thompson, Wow, I'd go with that line up right now. Talk about memory lane-geeeze Louise. Think we could sneek Simeon in the line up for the stretch run this year? He could still probably give us quality minutes at the 4 spot. While we're at it maybe Billy T could knock down a few from deep when we visit Hilton? Many, many, great players for the eras they competed in. We've watched alot of hoops in life & we're all biased -that's a positive, but Jo Jo was the best shooting guard I ever watched. His skills were so phenominal that he could play with the NBA guards of today. I thought he was just as good as Cousey, Oscar, The Pearl, or any of the "Jones boys". For you youngsters that would be Sam, KC, or even Wally. What a snapshot in time. I can almost see ol Hal Greer jump shooting FT's-the only guy I ever saw do that.Could you imagine hobknobbin over dinner with some of those guys? KU could have one helluva fundraiser with a banquet featuring this cast. Be alot of us old farts spending some big time spondeulix on that one. Man, thanks for the memories men, you've Rocked the Chalk well.

monkeehawkSL8 1 year, 9 months ago

Any possibility of an "invited but unavailable list? Will Anrio Adams be there? That was just wrong, please forgive me.

On a serious note, I hope the Jayhawks don't take the Toads lightly again. Would a 70pt. win be to much to ask for? Say, 115-45. That's a poor defensive effort.

115-29, yea, that's the ticket. RCJH KAAAAAAAA UOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

JayHawkFanToo 1 year, 9 months ago

Any thing less than a 30 point win would be disappointing...

Jeff Hargate 1 year, 9 months ago

Does anyone know why Raef never comes back? You would think one of the greatest Jayhawks of all-time would enjoy the camraderie and love from the fans and former players.

Al Martin 1 year, 9 months ago

No Lynette Woodard? That's too bad; she really belongs here.

notjustbread 1 year, 9 months ago

Lester Earl. Sweet..I was worried about his path at one time.

wrwlumpy 1 year, 9 months ago

Lester sells driveway basketball goals on TV in the midwest.

oldtimerskid 1 year, 9 months ago

I had the pleasure of attending the 110 yr reunion with my falther Allen Correll. We had hoped to get to this years reunion but sadly my father passed away 1 year ago this week. He loved KU and everything it stands for. Everything about the 10 yr reunion was first class and I would expect nothng less from this 115 yr celebration. I hope those that are able to attend have a fablulous weekend celebrating the greatest of traditions, KU basketball.

Tony Bandle 1 year, 9 months ago

Where have you gone Roger Bonnenstiel,
Kansas Nation turns its eyes to you, ooo,ooo ooo.

jcourt 1 year, 9 months ago

No kidding, Back when we were kids I was JoJo White and my best friend was Roger Bonnenstiel. Great memories. I'll go with your spelling.

David Meredith 1 year, 9 months ago

Didn't see Ron Kellogg on the list... greatest streak shooter I have ever seen. I still remember the box score from a game in Lincoln his junior year. 16-19 from the floor, 7-7 from the line for 39 points... and most of the 16 made field goals from deep. No 3 point line.

David Meredith 1 year, 9 months ago

The greatest shooting performance ever from a KU player, at least in my opinion.

Jeff Kilgore 1 year, 9 months ago

I agree. Also on that team is the fastest Jayhawk in my memory, Cedric Hunter. Where is he?

David Meredith 1 year, 9 months ago

I am not sure about where Cedric is. Great memories from the mid 80's teams. I remember the 86 theam shooting 55 percent from the floor for the season! Different era for sure as defenses were more packed back to the basket, but still very impressive.

yovoy 1 year, 9 months ago

Mark "Pearl" Perlmutter!!! Heck. Yeah.

I had class w/ this guy. Sure, he was "only" a Manager, but he was/had character, and I think he was "only" a Manager in '88! He got me some primo autographs!

Woody Cragg 1 year, 9 months ago

RC Buford? I can see him make a play for Blll someday, as they're still pretty tight. San Antonio & OKC are a couple of places where he just might like to go. Just as much $, if not more, & nowhere near the scrutiny of a college HC. Don't start hammering me now, is JMO .

Jack Jones 1 year, 9 months ago

WHAT A CLASSY EVENT TO PUT TOGETHER > FOR ALL THOSE RETURNING > AS WELL FOR ALL THOSE PRESENT IN AFH SATURDAY AFTERNOON > THIS JUST ONE MORE REASON WHY WE ARE PROUD TO CALL OURSELVES KANSAS JAYHAWKS

Michael Gentemann 1 year, 9 months ago

I think if you had an alumni game with the list above split into alphabetical teams, I would go with Team "S". Simien and Stallworth would dominate. Though I think Randall and Robisch with Richey on the perimeter could challenge.

KokomoHawk49 1 year, 9 months ago

I know Dave Robisch and Bud Stallworth have been in frequent contact over the years. Good to see Roger Brown and Fred Bosilevac will be in attendance. Was looking for Pierre Russell and Aubrey Nash as well, among others, all from the 70-71 Final Four team under Ted Owens. Sam Miranda will be missed. Great that Jo Jo White and Walt Wesley have made it back a couple of times recently. Celebrating 115 years will be a real meaningful affair this weekend.

Dan Harris 1 year, 9 months ago

Where's D Valentine? The guy had thighs bigger around then my waist ! Well back in 1980 at least!!

wpjayhawk 1 year, 9 months ago

Don't know if anyone saw it in the hour before the S. Carolina/Georgia game today, but jeers to CBS for including the 1966 Kentucky team as one of the top ten teams to not win the NCAA tournament. They weren't even second best that year. Of course, we all know who was really the best, or at least Texas Western's equal, and that team wasn't mentioned today.

wpjayhawk 1 year, 9 months ago

Almost forgot. Cincinnati also took Texas Western to overtime in the Regional semis. So I'd say Kentucky wasn't even in the top three that year.