Monday, March 1, 2010

Collins cautions tears will flow

Guard promises emotional Senior Day

Chicago natives Jacob Pullen and Sherron Collins embrace after the Jayhawks' 81-79 win over the Wildcats after overtime, Saturday, Jan. 30, 2010 at Bramlage Coliseum.

Sherron Collins may need a tissue or two at the conclusion of Wednesday’s Sunflower Showdown in Allen Fieldhouse.

“I’m gonna cry so much. I’m gonna cry like a baby,” said the 5-foot-11 Kansas University senior point guard from Chicago.

He’ll deliver his sure-to-be-emotional Senior Day speech following a 7 p.m. battle between KU and Kansas State — the top two teams in the Big 12 Conference.

“It’s another great moment, but it’s sad for me to leave this place now. I can see why the other seniors (in past) act the way they do,” added Collins, who said he won’t prepare a speech in coming days, but instead “talk off the top of my head.

“I don’t think I’ll talk 30 minutes, but I’ll have a lot to talk about.”

Collins won’t be the only guy from rough and tough inner-city Chicago who’ll be an emotional wreck Wednesday.

Anthony Longstreet, who coached Collins at Crane High School, will fly to Lawrence the morning of the game and be sitting in the same section as Collins’ brother, mother, uncle and other assorted relatives and friends.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world. I’m so proud of the kid, words can’t explain,” said Longstreet, who shed a tear watching KU play basketball once before.

“The Davidson game ... the one where coach (Bill) Self kissed the floor ... I was sweating and full of emotion,” Longstreet said. He was referring to KU’s 59-57 victory over the Stephon Curry-led Wildcats on March 30, 2008, in Detroit, a win that propelled Self and Collins into their first-ever Final Four.

“I guess the Jumbotron had me on there, and Sherron said I was crying,” Longstreet added. “I felt good for a number of reasons. I used to hear a lot of stuff from people: ‘Sherron’s at Kansas. Why did he go to Kansas? Self can’t win the big one.’ That was vindication for me. I took a lot of hits because he went to Kansas. I won’t say names, but a lot of people wanted him at some other places. Then when he won the championship (in 2008), that was it. It was really emotional.

“Now the only better moment (after Senior Day) will be that day in May when he’s walking across that stage.”

This May, Collins will become the first member of his immediate family to graduate from a university. His degree is in African-American Studies.

“He’ll have that degree. I won’t have to get on him about it once he finishes college,” Longstreet said. “I’ve got a few guys (from Crane) who didn’t do it in four years. Whenever I see them, I greet ’em, ‘What about that piece of paper?’

“Sherron’s getting his degree ... that is one of the greatest feelings a high school coach could have. When you preach, preach, preach and they go on and get that degree ...”

Longstreet says he believes Collins likely could have achieved his degree at just one place — KU.

“I had a gut feeling something special was going to happen in his life. But what had to happen was I had to get him out of Chicago to Lawrence,” Longstreet said. “I felt once he left Chicago, the sky was the limit.”

Why did he need to flee the Windy City?

“Basically because of the environment he was around,” Longstreet said of the mean streets on the West side. “Not that he got caught up in it, but he had to see a different side of the world. I felt Lawrence was the perfect place in the world for him. The community ... the way they embraced him when he came down for his visit (Late Night in the Phog his senior year) ... for anybody who was there, if you could have seen the look on his face when he was signing autographs, you knew it was where he was going to go.”

Indeed, Collins committed to KU over Illinois and Iowa shortly after returning from his visit.

“Coach Self told me of all the point guards in the country (including Ty Lawson and Scottie Reynolds), he felt Sherron was the perfect fit for what he needed. What he needed was toughness, ornery-ness, leadership. He felt if he got Sherron, that was the missing piece for a national championship. Darned if he wasn’t right,” Longstreet said.

Collins hopes to snare his second national title in three seasons this spring. He also has a goal of becoming the winningest college player of all time. With 124 victories, Collins needs nine to tie Shane Battier and the other Duke seniors in the Class of 2001 (133 wins in four years).

“I will be able to answer that on April 5, the first Monday of April,” Longstreet said, asked if Collins will emerge as the top player in Crane High history. Longstreet also coached Will Bynum and Tony Allen at Crane, as well as Kevin Garnett when Longstreet toiled as an assistant at Farragut High.

“I’d hope to say he’s the best to come through the entire city of Chicago in terms of winning percentages and victories. He’s close to Battier’s all-time record and two national championships. To win two would be huge,” Longstreet gushed.

The coach stated that it’s tough to pick out one player as his all-time favorite.

“It’s like asking me, ‘Joe Louis or Muhammad Ali?’” Longstreet said. “In terms of city championships, state tournaments (Collins won two city titles at Crane), Elite Eights, NCAA championships, he has to be right there as one of the most accomplished careers.

“He’s one of my favorites. From where he started and where he’s ending ... I get goosebumps thinking about it,” Longstreet added.

He gets goosebumps thinking of one other thing.

“I’ll hopefully be be back in Lawrence one day to see his jersey hanging in the rafters,” Longstreet said.

Collins is likely a lock to see his jersey hung, considering he’s ranked first in all-time victories at KU, seventh in scoring, fourth in three-pointers made, seventh in assists and 20th in steals, with a second national championship still a real possibility.

Comments

100 4 years, 6 months ago

That degree is the most important piece of paper he'll ever have.

And those rings we'll be pretty nice too!!!

Thanks for your encouragement of Sherron, Coach!

bradynsdad 4 years, 6 months ago

i sure wish they would show his speech on t.v. i will miss sherron he is one of those players that when he is on the court you feel better and you know your gonna win. send him out in style and stomp k state.

Michael Auchard 4 years, 6 months ago

Great article.

Sherron "The Bulldog" Collins.

JayhawkRock 4 years, 6 months ago

I think KU fans might be shedding tears as well on Wednesday night. This guy has meant so much to our program and our university. Hes my favorite player and I will be deeply saddened to see him play his final game on Wednesday night. The one thing I fear is losing that game against KSUck. You know they are already thinking about having the opportunity to ruin the night for Collins and to snap the home winning streak. We need to come back from this last game and wipe the floor with KSUck. They are not the best team in the state and we need to prove it by sweeping them this year. I hope we come ready to play because the worst possible thing that could happen is if we lose this game on Sherron's senior night and we keep the chance alive of KSUck sharing the Big 12 title with us.

Sarah Carr 4 years, 6 months ago

Since the game is not on here in Colorado Springs, does anyone know if Justintv/channelsurfing would carry Sherron's speech, after the game? I also subscribe to CSTV, so maybe I could get the audio of it thru them. Thanks for any help, and a big THANK YOU to Sherron for the memories!

100 4 years, 6 months ago

Speaking of shedding tears, the beat goes on with the national soap opera press & Calipari [[aka, the Days of His Life giving-Tree RoboCoach, model 528.4]] -- this is the end of an article from a few days ago:

"To those not paying attention, watch who Calipari likes to talk about. Watch how carefully he responds to questions about the NBA. Watch his eyes shift as he says "where else would I go?"

Friends, this is not girl scout cookie making class, this is a business: and a big one at that. Calipari is not as "blank eyed" as we want to think when he shifts from troubling questions to a boyish grin.

Calipari has set himself up for a Phil Jackson type 12 year run of NBA championships with the New Jersey Nets and more gold and marketing than Cleopatra herself could have ever imagined."

Michael Auchard 4 years, 6 months ago

100,

I hope you're right, because I'm done with Calimari. His teams are too talented and too sleazy. He and WWW seem more NBA-centric than college-based. I wish them luck there.

I've browsed the webiverse enough to know that your opinion/knowledge is in the minority, however.

100 4 years, 6 months ago

Yahweh,

I'm sure you're right.

However it makes sense generally that college basketball keep it's money maker happy.

Businesswise, I agree with the writer -- it's a homerun for Cal. He will make just ridiculous amounts of money working with Lebron, Wall & at least one more superstar (Lebron would make sure of that).

The NBA is just such a different game. There's no reason for him to go if he can't be guaranteed he will have at least Wall & Lebron & the new arena & part ownership.

It's a 25% chance right now the Nets will get Wall. The other items listed above are certanties for Cal, even the arena in Brooklyn, talk about a huge market for Lebron & an NBA champion which does this amazing legal thing called "paying players"!!!

The point is, for this new rich owner, the only way this deal goes smoothly is if they bring in Cal. He's the one common denominator of all of these personalities coming together. Lebron will not take a risk with "any old coach".

He trusts Cal & quite obviously the respect is overflowing the other way. Lebron is the key to all of this -- if he wants this to happen...

It will.

lv_jhwk 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm still in disbelief that the Big 12 can't do anything to get Wednesday's game national viewership. Does anybody know the last time a match-up of two top-five teams was shown on a regional telecast?

I realize that this game might not have seemed like much when the broadcast schedules were first set, but no one wants to pick it up now?? Between three ESPN channels (with whom the Big 12 Network is partnered), the choices are Big East, ACC, and SEC...and all mid-pack teams.

At least my cable provider offers ESPN 360!

docileboy 4 years, 6 months ago

I just hope I'm not crying like a baby after the game.

Steve Brown 4 years, 6 months ago

Wabash Cannonball about to get derailed.

84 71

Steve Brown 4 years, 6 months ago

" has a goal of becoming the winningest college player of all time. With 124 victories, Collins needs nine"

Wildcats then Tigers plus couple in KC then win 5 incl. first game in Indy, possible, yet a long shot. Hope he gets it- .

nobody1793 4 years, 6 months ago

Seriously, why can't Channel 6 cut to the post-game feed for the senior night stuff once the network coverage signs off?

Steve Brown 4 years, 6 months ago

show some class:

when do we storm the AFH court: never. Sure, we have a few times. Bud Stallworth Ted Owens when Bud hit 50 and we upset MU. Sure, a couple times since yet for the most part we AFH vets attempt to share with the newbies, we expect to win, winning here is not a surprise. No need to wildy celebrate.

Should the day come we upset some #1 team in AFH....we don't rush it....hold your seats. I hope it is a long day coming when we are not favored at home, yet whatever decade that situation arises, we hold our seats.

Steve Brown 4 years, 6 months ago

show some class II.

Visiting team fans. We love to showcase AFH. Often I see fans wearing fan gear leaving AFH shaking their heads. I try to act like HCBS, tell them 'good game. Nice team.'

When I travel to other games in KU or professional gear I see two types of home fans, those that slobber 'you shuck" and those like ATM football that roll out the red carpet and welcome you while they beat your heads in.

I hope AFH beats socks of Martin's boys, and yet welcomes the purple visitors with, 'nice game, nice year, great intense coach, thanks for getting better "finally". We've missed you in the rankings the last 30 years. welcome back.'

all the time smiling and saying under our breath, "you shuck".

Steve Brown 4 years, 6 months ago

show some class III.

the referees are busy worrying about what frank martin had for dinner, that gave him indigestion.

help them with the 3 second count, hand checks, traveling, , goal tending, all the items often missed.

we are not sharing this big 12 title.

Ron Franklin 4 years, 6 months ago

Congatulations, Sherron-

I have been very impressed with your overall development at Kansas. Just as I was with D. Jack. It was very obvious to me that you have become a better player & person during your time here. You are my all-time favorite Jayhawk. You make me proud.

Keep Growing.

Ron Franklin 4 years, 6 months ago

Congatulations, Sherron-

Keep Growing.

Ron Franklin 4 years, 6 months ago

FINAL FOUR-ST LOUIS_ -anybody know what kind of shakedown we need to happen to beat out Kentucky for St. Louis??

It seems like we need to win out, and win the big 12 tourney (considering UK doesn't lose again) to guarantee the Hawks that "home court" advantage.

kufan89 4 years, 6 months ago

Congrats, Sherron! Your my favorite Jayhawk......EVER. You make me so proud. i'll definitely shed some tears. This game coming up is HUGE. We've got to take it and I believe we will. ROCK CHALK!!!

dynamitehawk 4 years, 6 months ago

Sherron,

The people who will be most glad to see you graduate are the AFH Janitors. Countless jocks have been hung in the rafters from your sick cross-over, your sick transition speed, and from you nailing deep, uncontested three-pointers. You will be missed by this Jayhawk, very much.

FLJHK 4 years, 6 months ago

Congratulations, Sherron. You are a class act in every way. Thank you for your tremendous contributions to Jayhawk basketball and the University of Kansas. KU will always be a home for you.

slowplay 4 years, 6 months ago

100 (anonymous) says...

"That degree is the most important piece of paper he'll ever have."....

Why? I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't see where a diploma is going to do Mr. Collins any good. Last I heard it was not an official requirement for employment in the NBA.

I guarantee you that his NBA contract will be considered his "most important piece of paper".

Paul Meyer 4 years, 6 months ago

dynamitehawk, you always have great posts.

You think they would have found a better photograph of Sherron though for this article.

NebraskaJayhawk 4 years, 6 months ago

WTG Collins. You da man.

Now go get yourself and Jayhawk nation another national championship.

100 4 years, 6 months ago

slowplay,

The NBA is fine. Enjoy it. Make some money. Win some games.

But nothing will mean more to him, paperwise, in his life than that degree.

I know a lot of you say, "but but but"...

Taking the easy way out leaves a part of the heart & mind & self esteem empty for the rest of one's life.

Sherron didn't short change himself -- he will finish.

Just like he'll finish the 2nd game in April with flying colors.

It's big, the paper is big, the rings are big.

Rock Chalk Slowplay

Tony Bandle 4 years, 6 months ago

NCAA Geography: probable #1's KU, UK, Syracuse, Duke

East Regional is in Syracuse so they can't stay thus, as Horace Greeley said, " Go West, young Orangemen, go west!!" That region will be packed by the committee because the West sucks.

Therefore the East Regional will fall into the grubby little hands of the Duke Blue-Deviled Eggs!! Count on it!!

South Regional is in Houston, Texas where maybe Ashley Jug-less is shooting a movie [ well, she could, you know!!] Anyway, no self-respecting southern school like UK would not be thrilled to be in the South Regional. {what happened to the Mideast]

That leaves one team and one regional, the Midwest: 1] Easy four drive from campus to convention center. 2] Huge alumni fanbase guaranteeing a sellout. 3] History of previous appearance under the current coaching regime. 4] Oakville JHawk guaranteed tickets and is currently sticking pins in Wildcat voodoo doll.

Thus, based on pure logic, Meet me In St. Louis, Kansas!!

gchawk 4 years, 6 months ago

Sherron, thanks for all the memories, and, Coach Longstreet, I'm proud of you for instilling the work ethics and values in your players. Lighthawk, good points, I echo your sentiments.

Mike Kendall 4 years, 6 months ago

Sherron---Congrats on making it to Senior Night!!! I have really enjoyed watching play at KU. The Memphis game in "08 was quite memorable. I usually shed tears on Senior Night. No doubt I will most likely be shedding tears when you give that speech. I am sure it will be a "hum dinger of a speech!"

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Beat the Kitty Kats!!!

Tony Bandle 4 years, 6 months ago

Oh Crap..I apologize.

I posted above on the wrong link. Let me too offer my thanks and congratulations to Sherron as well. It's been a great ride with one more thrilling mountain to climb.

Sherron, I hope you find and fulfill your destiny but you have already secured your place in Kansas Legend.

Come Wednesday as the only Senior take as long as you want, but please, please please, take care of business first.

Go Sherron..Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!

kennethst 4 years, 6 months ago

Did anybody see the fight between Jaybate and Theutus on Saturday on the game-time article?

I notice several comments were removed!

I wish I would have been on the board during the game......only to instigate and further provoke them!!

WilburNether 4 years, 6 months ago

Certainly all best wishes to Sherron for his record on the court and for getting his degree, but talk of retiring his jersey just reinforces the point that after Roy Williams threw out the criteria so that he could put some of his favorites up there, the jersey retirement thing has now become merely a popularity contest. Having a jersey retired no longer means anything in terms of actual accomplishment. If the coach and enough blindly loyal and ignorant fans love a kid, up goes the jersey!

Good as Collins has been, he is certainly not in the same league with JoJo White.

skwahjayog 4 years, 6 months ago

Um, Wilbur... Sheron is the all-time winningest (word?) Jayhawk with the chance to set the all-time wins list in NCAA history. He helped us win a national championship--we wouldn't have won that game without him. He is up there on the all-time KU lists in scoring, threes, etc. He has been the floor general in helping us win four straight Big 12 conference titles, etc., etc., etc. I think he most definitely is in the same league with JoJo White!

skwahjayog 4 years, 6 months ago

Oops--meant set the all-time wins record. My bad!

Ron Franklin 4 years, 6 months ago

Phogged-

You probably just said that to get a rise out of someone! And I'm biting.

How dare you post that here!! John Wall is a kid. A boy. A phenomenal athlete. A one of a kind speciman for this league, etc.

He is no man.

He will never contribute to ANY program, NBA or NCAA as much as SC has contributed to this program.

Sherron is THE MAN.

Steve Brown 4 years, 6 months ago

On the wall: Criteria- final four MVP, consensus national player of the year, two time All America. those should be locks.

what else am I missing?

gchawk 4 years, 6 months ago

phogged. I'll bite too. The MAN that what? (1) The one-and-done person that added talent but zero credibility to his team? (2) The MAN that bought into a shady program run by an even shadier coach? (3) The Man who can't spell diploma, let alone ever earn one? What a piece of work you are to come on to our site and say something like that when this particular article is about a true class act and MAN. Stay off the moonshine, it doesn't help your already pathetic life.

jhokfan 4 years, 6 months ago

Gotta love Collins. Just the fact that he has been here 4 years puts him near the top of favorite Jayhawks. Hope he gets rewarded with a fat NBA contract.

jhokfan 4 years, 6 months ago

I love calamari especially with marinara sauce. I’ll be shocked if Coach Cal doesn’t bolt for the NBA where his lack of ethics won’t be an issue. It’s only a matter of time before the NCAA catches up with him. If Barney Fife wasn’t in charge they would have had him thrown out by now.

2 plays 5. Come on espn, get your excrement together.

Mike Kendall 4 years, 6 months ago

So, since ESPN isn't smart enough to televise the GAME, 2 VS 5, who will be the announcers for the game? That is the million dollar question. God, I hope it isn't Jon (I know I played for Mizzou--I love the Antlers) Sunvolt. KU gets some of the most crappy announcers. The guy with Dick Enberg---he was brutal!

Theutus 4 years, 6 months ago

Kennesth there really wasn't much of a "fight". But i'll break it down for you: Jaybate made a long post saying how Collins was the only reason we were only down 19 points. Here is the quote: "Frankly, without Sherron, the team would be down 30 today."

I posted saying Collins was a large reason we WERE down 19 points, and he hasn't put up a positive stat yet. (At the time i think he had 2 turnovers, no points, 0 for 8 from the field (probably half of those were forced shots), and was 0 for 2 on 1&1 freethrows)

He then proceeded to make like 3 posts saying i was a coward, and a sorry excuse for a Marine that would leave teamates behind, etc. (He made a bee line for personal insults basically) Then I simply posted that I'd be happy to meet him somewhere so he could express those opinions to my face. That was that.

As much as I disregard most of Jaybates nonsense rambling, i have noticed that he has had a ton of posts deleted lately, and he seems to be taking everything personally every time someone disagree's with his "matter of fact" opinions... You just gotta laugh.

Personally I've never thought of Collins as a smart point guard, and I've always said this, regardless of whether it was popular opinion. I think he'd be the best guard in the country if he just played the 2, and did it for a full 40 minutes without having 5 minute streaks of forced shots, driving into 3 bigs and getting rejected etc. I still think he has a large area for improvement in the mental game.

That being said, I still think Collins is a great asset, and I wish him nothing but the best. (Hopefully a shot at the NBA)

dynamitehawk 4 years, 6 months ago

PaulDMeyer,

Thanks, man. Glad to know that I am not just giggling at my computer screen alone.

Theutus 4 years, 6 months ago

Also, I cannot for the life of me see why this game isn't being nationally televised.. It should be game of the week. Two top 5 teams, two huge rivals, U vs. State.

I just don't get it.

mjbaker 4 years, 6 months ago

You can actually watch Collins speech on channel 6 Wednesday night. The game runs at 10:30 immediately following the news, and then at the conclusion of the game Channel 6 will air the speech. Hope this helps everyone who is wanting to watch it.

Jonathan Kealing 4 years, 6 months ago

And, of course, the speeches will be posted to KUsports.com as soon as they're over. So, whichever your pleasure, we'll make sure you can see Sherron's speech.

Jonathan Kealing Online editor

Phoggin_Loud 4 years, 6 months ago

In case you didn't see this link after the article. A true "blast from the past".

Great read.

actorman 4 years, 6 months ago

Thanks for assuring us, Jonathan. I can't wait to see the speech online.

As for those of you commenting on the photo: I can understand why you might prefer a different one, but when talking about how classy a guy Sherron is, this photo exemplifies it perfectly. It says something about Pullen as well.

Phoggin_Loud 4 years, 6 months ago

Actorman,

I agree about the photo. That is one of the greatest college b-ball photos ever. It exemplifies the respect of 2 arch-rivals after an O.T. thriller.

It is truly what collegiate athletics is about.

kvskubball 4 years, 6 months ago

Phoggin...

Yeah, the photo of Collins and Pullen is great. Just like the saying that blood is thicker than water...Both guys grew up in the mean streets of Chi-town and both have escaped to live a bit of a dream. Well done guys! Hometown proud!

I'd like to see Sheron have a great game and KU have a sparkling performance to put the Mild into those Cats.

I must say that I agree with Theutus about Sheron needing to play smarter...

I've had run-ins with people on this board about that...at the beginning of the year, I said that if Collins could play under control for 90% of the time, he'll make money at the next level, and we'd have a great bball season.

Well, he may not have played under control for 90% of the time, but he has improved considerably over last year. From what Theutus has said, I get the feeling he may disagree with that, but I think Sherron has improved...more is needed to make the money ball!

I do think that he must make better decisions about driving into traffic, and taking shots early in the shot clock, without rebounders established, to be able to play for pay in the NBA...He has approximately 11 games to really showcase himself to NBA scouts. They will really be watching from here on. He needs to play aggresively, but really make great decisions. He's really too short to play SG in the NBA, so he'll have to prove he can run the show.

For his sake, I hope he has 11 super games, because he has given a lot to KU, and I would like to see him get some of the gravy at the next level. But anyone who doesn't admit that he makes more mistakes with his decision-making than he should, isn't helping him to get where he wants to be. Otherwise, he will have been a great college guard, but not stick at the next level, and that isn't enough. So Sherron, it's money time, go for it!

That's my two cents...

CaramelMacchMan 4 years, 6 months ago

Does anyone know why The KU vs KSU game not on big time network? I Just want to watch the game in HD. I don't care if it is on Oxygen Channel.

Steve Gantz 4 years, 6 months ago

Wow, us Jayhawk fans are crazy. 61 comments and counting about someone crying! I won't cry, but I'll miss Sherron too! Go Jayhawks!

BCRavenJHawkfan 4 years, 6 months ago

wissoxfan:

So here's something not about Sherron crying. I'm watching Texas/OU and OU has number 34 (sorry don't know the guys name) torching Texas from the 3 point line. I really hope KU can have somebody go nuts from 3 point land soon.

Mike Kendall 4 years, 6 months ago

wissoxfan83---Some fans are passionate about their teams. Some folks are just more emotional than others. In my case, I have had Jayhawk blood in me since I grew up in Lawrence. I hope you weren't making fun of those comments of people who would be shedding tears when Sherron gives his speech. It will be emotional, that's for sure. 61 comments and counting about someone crying? Good for them---I like passionate folks. It means they are true fans!!!

Rock Chalk forever!!! Go get 'em Sherron--beat the Kitty Kats!

Mike Kendall 4 years, 6 months ago

BCRavenJHawkfan-- #34 for Oklahoma is Cade Davis, who is considered a decent outside shooter.

Lance Hobson 4 years, 6 months ago

It's been a joy to watch Sherron over the years, and I also look forward to the day is jersey gets hung in AFH. His coach mentioned that Davidson game, but the most important thing about game is that Sherron won it for us. They got the lead and had all of the momentum until Sherron hit a HUGE three pointer. It really did save us and coach Self. Then he did the same thing against Memphis. There is no Mario Miracle without Sherron's steal and three-pointer. It is amazing to see what he's done at KU and with his life considering where he's from. Chicago is just a rough, rough town. If he ever decides to live there again he'll still have plenty of fans considering what a great KU town Chicago is.

Theutus 4 years, 6 months ago

For the record kvskubball, I think Collins has improved very drastically from last year. I don't think he's had the opportunity he needed to truly play the 2 (having a go-to 1 guard to work with). I hope he ends up getting a chance at the next level, because I think he's got a lot more to offer than what we've seen, and that says a lot.

Mike Kendall 4 years, 6 months ago

Strikewso---

So true and well said! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just an observation for whoever is out there---watching the OU/Texas game, it's a fairly close game. At the Big 12 Tourney in KC, MO, most of the games should be close games---agree or disagree? Any thoughts?

Steve Gantz 4 years, 6 months ago

Mikkendal, I wasn't making fun of anyone. It was just humorous to come home after a long day, see the headline about Collins crying, and then seeing 61 comments on it!

One of the great things about being a KU fan is Collins can leave and we know another potentially great player is waiting in the wings. So we can cry when they leave with hope for the next recruiting class.

Many places have their one or two stars leave and it may be a decade til the next comes along.