Sunday, November 18, 2007

KU-Missouri game to kick off at 7 p.m.

It's now official: The Border War game will be a primetime, national affair.

Kansas University officially learned that KU's football game Saturday against No. 6 Missouri will kick off at 7 p.m. and be televised by ABC.

It's a full national telecast, too, meaning that 100 percent of ABC affiliates across the country will air the game.

ABC had until Nov. 1 to decide which game it wanted to televise between KU-MU and Oklahoma State-Oklahoma. But the network chose to exercise a six-day window privilege and wait to see how November played out.

Kansas (11-0) and Missouri (10-1) left little doubt as to which game had higher stakes. The two now will play for the Big 12 North title - as well as continued national-championship aspirations - under the lights of Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo.

The Oklahoma State-Oklahoma game, meanwhile, will kick off at 2:30 p.m. and be televised by Fox Sports Net.

In addition, ESPN will hold its weekly College GameDay show in Kansas City.

Comments

sss4ever82 6 years, 5 months ago

i'm with all of you!!! I don't post on this site too often, but felt it was appropriate considering the circumstances... Biggest game of the decade, for sure. I'm sure glad i'm here to witness it. Hawks', do what you've been doing for the past 11 games...Everyone of you has an important role on this team...Go show the nation you deserve the HYPE!!!! ROCK CHALK FOREVER!!

Chris Bohling 6 years, 5 months ago

I've been feeling better and better about this game all day, so all I'll say is GO and ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK.

jayhawkintx73 6 years, 5 months ago

What is the record for noise at Arrowhead in decibels? KANSAS FANS! WHATEVER IT IS< BEAT IT! Memorial Stadium Is louder than Arrowhead already! And Arrowhead doesn't have an open end! 120db! Is that possible?

jayhawkintx73 6 years, 5 months ago

the M Word! MUCK! The F Word! FIZZOU! Lee Corso! You're going to learn the hard way! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Todd Reesing for HEISMAN! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Aqib Talib! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Marcus Henry! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Dexton Fields! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Brandon McAnderson! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Jake Sharp! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Desmond Briscoe! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Marcus Herford! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! James McClinton! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Kendrick Harper! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! And the Rest of You! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Just so ya know, win or lose Saturday, I'm still PROUD! THE NCAA HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN PUT ON NOTICE!

peter56321 6 years, 5 months ago

RckChalkJeff, I think 100 meant to give MU respect as in giving them particularly special attention. They've only lost one game this year. They are good. If we don't respect them, we will lose. I don't think he meant respect as in holding them in high esteem. Personally, I will respect them by screaming "RIP HIS F^UCKING HEAD OFF!!" for the first time this season. It is a crude, offensive, unintelligent, and unoriginal chant that lessens us every time we use it. But I promise I will give in to the temptation this weekend while yelling at the slavers.

jayhawkintx73 6 years, 5 months ago

This not only the biggest regular season game this year, ITS KU's BIGGEST GAME IN THEIR HISTORY!

RckChalkJeff 6 years, 5 months ago

100....misery never deserves our utmost respect...stupid

Mangino_Maniac 6 years, 5 months ago

Primetime on ABC... this is so awesome!!! KU vs. Mizzou... what a fantastic season for both schools, and what a way to showcase the rivalry!!! This is incredible!!! GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 6 years, 5 months ago

Just another game for the KU. KU players simply need to prepare, study game tape, execute as they have all season, prepare for real turf, and let the chips fall where they may. Win or lose, Missouri, with their Tiger fans' 19th century burn Lawrence and kill Lawrence mothers and children "SCOREBOARD SHIRTS" and all, is a great football team that deserves our utmost respect. May the best team win. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!

Kevin Long 6 years, 5 months ago

This is war! The biggest game I have ever looked forward to. I don't remember being this nervous even before the national championship game in 03. I think it may turn into a total riot at Arrowhead. Alcohol and hatred combined with huge implications aren't good! I F^CKING HATE MU!!!

AzHawk97 6 years, 5 months ago

On Nov. 24 the Jayhawks will ride into the Truman Sports Complex and make it a "burnt district." Arrowhead will become another "Jennison monument." Border War! F__k Yeah!

bdsnook 6 years, 5 months ago

This is just as big as last years Michigan/Ohio State game. Should be an instant classic.

ESPN on ABC.

AzHawk97 6 years, 5 months ago

KUglow - I'm glad you brought up this point again. I complained weeks ago about this. If they ran out of locations in Kansas(which they didn't), then go anywhere but MO to shoot. This problem should be taken care of next year since I have offered to host the WofKU in AZ.

rockchalkjayhawk81 6 years, 5 months ago

1 and a 2 and a 3.... RIP HIS F^CKING HEAD OFF

seattlehawk_78 6 years, 5 months ago

I hope Corso picks mizwho. KU fans should hold up signs that say, Lee please don't pick us, or Lee please pick mizwho and when he makes his prediction we should vigorously cheer him. That would say a lot more than booing him.

OmahaKUAlum 6 years, 5 months ago

OK, KU fans...we need to show up and represent for Game Day!! We need to show the nation that we aren't just a basketball school, and we are behind our football team! My husband and I will be there, and I can't wait!!

By the way, has anyone else seen this? This shows exactly how classless and idiotic Mizzou fans are...why the hell would you promote this and be proud of it? I hope we destroy them Saturday!!

Alan Halvorsen 6 years, 5 months ago

tagger, I want Corso to be there so he can see it for himself. Also, I want him to pick Missouri and wear that tiger head. This is what has kept us motivated all year.

KUglow 6 years, 5 months ago

OK, this is a little off topic but if we are not talking about sports, it might as well be the Women of KU 2008 calender. Since it is MU-KU week, this is an appropriate time to ask, why on earth did they have to do the photo shoot in MISSOURI? You couldn't find a spot in Kansas to do a girls of KU calender? Sad.

wade23 6 years, 5 months ago

I get goosebumps thinking about this game.

Kevin Sontag 6 years, 5 months ago

The only downside of having Gameday here is having to watch that frakkin' idiot Lee Corso put on the Tiger mascot head, because you know there is no way he's picking KU. He keeps saying he hasn't watched KU play, and yet says he's absolutely sure they aren't as good as advertised. Hey Corso- grow a sack, suck up your pride, and start believing in the Hawks!

HillbillyHick 6 years, 5 months ago

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

AzHawk97 6 years, 5 months ago

We've crossed the border and kicked ass before, so let's rename Arrowhead this week. I think "Osceola " works pretty well. We can even take a page out of their playbook and bring back scalps. Border War LIves!!!

Eybea Opiner 6 years, 5 months ago

This just might be the biggest game in KU history, surpassing even our two Orange Bowls. Undefeated, vs. MU, Big XII North championship at stake, National Title implications. Yep, this is the biggest ever--so far.

kltbadboyz 6 years, 5 months ago

Wow what a day that will be be! Imagine the atmosphere in Lawrence and KC leading up to that 7 night game. All the nations eyes will be on this game. America will meet Todd Reesing that night! Aqib Talib go out there and claim your hardware, show them who the top defensive back in the country is. It's going to be nasty, we need to show these tigers that our defense can shut them down, hopefully we can generate some pass rush which will be a big key in this game. Sparky just needs to be himself and keep doing what hes doing and this maching will keep on rolling!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Muck Fizzou

killabees 6 years, 5 months ago

This is the biggest regular season football game of the year. I can't wait.