Monday, September 12, 2022

Kickoff for Kansas football vs. Duke on Sept. 24 set for 11 a.m. on FS1

Kansas running back Devin Neal takes off on a long touchdown run against Tennessee Tech during the third quarter on Friday, Sept. 2, 2022, at Memorial Stadium.

The Kansas football team's next home game is set for an 11 a.m. kickoff on Sept. 24, KU officials announced Monday morning.

After traveling to Houston this weekend for a Week 3 clash with the Cougars at 3 p.m. on Saturday, KU will return home the following weekend to play host to Duke at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium.

The game will be televised by FS1 and will mark the first 11 a.m. kickoff of the season for the 2-0 Jayhawks, who have grown accustomed to playing in the early time slot during recent years.

The meeting between Kansas and Duke will be the fourth in the history of the series, with Duke winning the most recent matchup on Sept. 25, 2021, 52-33 in Durham, North Carolina. Kansas won the last game played in Lawrence on September 19, 2009, 44-16.

According to a release from Kansas Athletics announcing the game time, both single game tickets and season ticket packages remain for fans interested in attending.

Comments

Tim Orel 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I hope KU goes 2-0 vs. Duke this year. I don't really care about Duke football, but I hate, hate, hate Duke basketball and I love the Jayhawks, so 2-0 is what would make me very happy.

Rodney Crain 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Is that a thing, or is that your creation?

Dirk Medema 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Saw the betting lines for this week. KU is an 8 point underdog. Seems reasonable.

The line that really caught my eyes is iowa as a 20.5 point favorite. Nevada might be a bad team - I don’t care enough to check, but 20.5 points. Seems rather unrealistic. More than 10 safeties in one game?

Whiz on?

Brad Watson 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I have an idea for the KU fans that like to leave early....you have it all wrong...you don't leave early...you arrive late...you miss the traffic and you are around for the most important part of the game...the 2nd half....Did you people actually go to college?...HELLO?....and YES.....SHOW UP and throw down for season tickets if you don't have them already!

David Robinett 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Regarding Duke football, “revenge is a dish best served early…”

Dirk Medema 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Rodney - It appears you’re asking about #packthebooth. Hard to tell on mobile version, but pretty sure “the booth” and various iterations are being used by KU and other media/social media. KCSN/Kent Swanson and Scott Chasen have a new podcast called the booth review and there are others I believe. I think I’ve heard some about it from KU Athletics as well though I’m not much of a twitter and all that young kid social media.