Friday, March 6, 2015

KU’s Mickelson makes most of chance

Kansas center Hunter Mickelson (42) goes for a block against West Virginia guard Tarik Phillip (12) during the Jayhawks game against the West Virginia Mountaineers Tuesday, March 4, 2015 at Allen Fieldhouse..

Kansas University junior power forward Hunter Mickelson, who had played 29 total minutes in Kansas University’s first 16 Big 12 games, responded with 13 extremely productive minutes in Tuesday’s 76-69 overtime victory over West Virginia in Allen Fieldhouse.

Mickelson’s eight points, three steals, two rebounds and two blocks were recognized as critical by coach Bill Self. He credits the big man for helping KU overcome the loss of Perry Ellis to injury the first half (sprained knee) and Cliff Alexander, out because of an NCAA issue that Yahoo Sports’ Pat Forde says involves the NCAA looking into “possible impermissable benefits received by one or more of his family members from an NBA agent.”

“I told Hunter after the game,” Self said Thursday, “walking into the locker room, ‘You did good, but you always knew you would.’ He said, ‘Of course, just give me a chance to play,’ which I think is a great attitude.

“Hunter and Svi (Mykhailiuk, no points three minutes) and Landen (Lucas, six rebounds, two blocks, 26 minutes) have probably had as good attitudes as anybody in our program. It’s not easy to do when you want to play and don’t get a chance to and you’re sitting there. Like you don’t want the quarterback to get hurt, but you want an opportunity. And that’s kind of where those guys have been all year long,” Self added.

Mickelson, a 6-10 transfer from Arkansas, enjoyed the light exchange with his coach.

“He said he was proud of me for stepping up whenever my named was called. He asked kind of in a question, ‘Oh you stepped up?’ I was like, ‘Yeah a little bit.’ He was like, ‘You never knew you would huh?’ I was like, ‘Yeah.’ I went with it and it ended up working out,” Mickelson added.

Mickelson has been mighty patient waiting for his opportunity.

“I’m not really playing as much as maybe I’d want to,” he said. “Just being able to help the team and do whatever I need to do (is gratifying). I just kind of keep the attitude whenever opportunities come, try to make the most of them.”

Mickelson hit four free throws in as many tries Tuesday. Those were his first free throw attempts in Big 12 action.

“Maybe a little bit. (It) might have been a passing thought, something like that,” he said, asked if he was nervous. “We shoot free throws after practice every day for purposes like that. It kind of comes down to it. You need to hit free throws. We’ve been practicing a pretty long while. That means a lot of practice on free throws. It’s kind of helped out.”

Mickelson, who said he will have enough credits to graduate next school year with a degree in liberal arts and science, said he’s enjoyed the past two years in Lawrence.

“I’m happy here. Like I said, I’ve kept a good attitude,” he said. “The guys have been great. Everyone I’m surrounded by is good people. I’m definitely happy.”

Asked what Mickelson brings to the table, Self said: “He can shoot. And he can block some shots. He’s not physically strong like Cliff, but hey, I thought he moved his feet great. I thought his ball screen defense was great. I thought he busted his butt.”

Self also lauded big man Lucas for his block on Nathan Adrian that prevented West Virginia from hitting a winning layup at the regulation buzzer.

“That was an unbelievable play and to fall like he fell (flat on his back) and to get right up and play the entire overtime ... that was a stud play,” Self said. “That play right there doesn’t get enough credit because that won the league.”

Frank Mason III, who played 42 productive minutes, was jokingly taking credit for the block to reporters after the game.

“He tried to do that in the locker room, too,” Lucas said, smiling. “I don’t even know why he was down there in the first place. I don’t know if he was going to block it himself or what he was going to do with his little self. He tried, but I think the tape doesn’t lie,” Lucas added.

Of the pain of landing on his back, Lucas said: “It hurt pretty bad. Going into overtime in front of the fieldhouse fans, it kind of goes away pretty quick.”

Perry to sit: Self reiterated that Ellis, who has a sprained MCL, won’t play Saturday at Oklahoma.

“He’s responding well to treatment. Hopefully by next Tuesday or so we’ll have a better feel on what his status will be for the Big 12 tournament,” Self said.

Wayne Selden Jr., didn’t practice Thursday because of an ankle sprain he suffered against WVU.

“You’re going down there with three bigs and Wayne’s ankle isn’t 100 percent. So he’s day to day and will probably not practice today and doubtful for tomorrow. So who knows what our team will be going down there. Maybe we’ll try to tweak some things and have some fun with it on how to try to attack them without having obviously the team that you would normally have and the team that played so well when we played them the first time (in victory),” Self said.

Self said he will not sit Mason just to rest him for the postseason.

“Frank wants to play. If we want to give him some time off, he can rest on Sunday and Monday. We’re going to go down there trying to win the game, without question,” Self said.

Cliff issue: Sources told Forde on Thursday that the Alexander inquiry involves the NCAA looking into “possible impermissable benefits received by one or more of his family members from an NBA agent.”

Alexander will not be reinstated until after he speaks to the NCAA, Forde said.

If family members accepted improper benefits, Alexander could be ineligible the rest of the season.

When reached by the Journal-World, Self had no comment on Forde’s report.

“No, nothing. Zero. Status quo,” Self said of the issue Thursday. “The chances of him playing Saturday from our estimation based on the little bit of information that we have would be very slim right now.”

Recruiting: Self was on hand to watch Eudora sophomore Mitchell Ballock help the Cardinals defeat De Soto, 56-31, on Thursday at Bishop Miege in Roeland Park. Ballock hit a halfcourt shot to end the first half ... Billy Preston, a 6-8 soph power forward from Dallas, who is ranked No. 9 in the Class of 2017 by Rivals.com, has made unofficial visits to KU, Baylor and Texas A&M.;

Comments

Len Shaffer 7 years, 9 months ago

If Perry isn't 100% by the Big XII tournament, I would be fine with him not playing at all in it. The most important thing is that he's ready to go when the Madness starts.

Keith Gellar 7 years, 9 months ago

wow..for a minute i thought you were going to say "the most important that is that he's ready for next season".

I didn't realize we cared about the tournament. seems like everyone's priority is winning the big 12.

Walter Bridges 7 years, 9 months ago

We've won 9 of the 18 tournaments. OU is 2nd with 3 wins. I think you can say we've dominated the tournament also.

Aaron Paisley 7 years, 9 months ago

KU may have won half the tournaments, but Self has never placed a huge importance on the conference tournament. Self's sideline demeanor and tone of his post game press conferences during and after a loss is very different than during a regular season game. It's nice when KU wins it, but Big 12 tournament champs is not a preseason goal for KU under Self.

Bryce Landon 7 years, 9 months ago

I dunno, he seemed pretty pissed when we lost to Iowa State in last year's semifinals. "We got exactly what we deserved."

Scott MacWilliams 7 years, 9 months ago

You can count me among the chorus who wish Hunter could get more PT, and without Perry we'll see who steps up. I'm thinkin' the Gritty Committee!! OU will be tough, their senior night, so it will be another battle like WVU.

And I really cringed when Lucas landed flat on his back like that. YOWCH Almighty!! So glad there was no major damage, or at least that we've heard of...

Let's go to Soonerland and get one for Perry, one more for Garrett, too. BTW, they've announced a sold-out house, so I hope to see LOTS of KU colors in KnowBull Arena.

ROCK CHALK!!!

Bryce Landon 7 years, 9 months ago

You're really stretching with that one. "KnowBull"? How old are you, seven?

Rob Bedford III 7 years, 9 months ago

Says the guy who uses all CAPS and cusses at the players during games.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

He didn't cuss at the players on Tuesday night. But there were others, who aren't named Bryce, that were insulting the players and I didn't see you make one comment against it.

Rob Bedford III 7 years, 9 months ago

I guess you missed the "Play some GD defense" all in caps. And he is the one making a comment about some ones age.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

I didn't miss those posts on the boards, but he didn't use GD on Tuesday night, but he said, "REBOUND THE BASKETBALL". And he did use all caps which isn't an issue with me. When he did us GD, I did call him out on it. But you didn't call it out when others did it made fun of the players by using, "Fair Ellis" for Perry Ellis, etc. That was done during the Texas game by the way, and not by Bryce. I just think if you're going to apply the standard, do it for everyone and just those you don't like.

Aaron Paisley 7 years, 9 months ago

Says the guy who has insulting names for every school in the league. You have absolutely no room to question anyone's maturity when you're the least mature person on here.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Interesting you didn't say that when other people in your clique do the same things you say Bryce does.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Brett, while you're trying to defend someone accusing someone else of being immature? You have no self control over your immaturity do you? You're a fraud.

RJ King 7 years, 9 months ago

"Cry Clones" for the hundredth time?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Brandon Dey 7 years, 9 months ago

Great to see for Hunter.

We are going to need more out of him this season, looks like Cliff is not coming back till he talks to the NCAA. Not sure when that will be.

At least if it improper benefits from an NBA agent to his family the program and school should be fine. Interesting that his HS coach knew something was up at the TCU game back on 2.21.

Walter Bridges 7 years, 9 months ago

That might be it for Alexander at KU. "impermissible benefits" are high on the NCAA's do not do list.

FYI Gary: 'impermissable' is spelled 'impermissible'. I only know this because of spell-checker.

RJ King 7 years, 9 months ago

What did his high school coach say then?

Don Burgundy 7 years, 9 months ago

If the reports about Cliff and his family are true, it must've been before the season started. Cliff has been subpar on offense and average on defense up until this point. Cliff's family should know better, and it's sad that their actions has to jeopardize the whole team.

Keith Gellar 7 years, 9 months ago

agreed cliff has been sub-par, but Self and crew have been equally inept at preparing him. Just because embiid turned out to be a success, Self cannot assume that the same formula will work on Cliff. he knew, from the get go, cliff is one and done- he should have plucked a page from Cal's book and stuck with cliff and design the offense around him. hoping this doesn't affect our future recruiting

Craig Alexander 7 years, 9 months ago

Self would have known probably that Cliff intended to be a one and done player. However not all development can be accomplished by game time and if Cliff was not mentally capable of fulfilling that starter role at the beginning of the year then Self in no way should throw him in there just because Cliff wanted to be a one and done. I personally would rather Self not put a players one and done intentions ahead in the priorities of winning basketball games. If he wasn't getting in done in practice, then why should we believe he would have magically been more productive in the games given more playing time? And the offense KU has is one that is specifically designed for big men. The design is there if Cliff would be ready for it. For some kids it takes longer to get up to speed on the college game and some of these kids being recruited need to understand that too. It's okay to not be a one and done.

Walter Bridges 7 years, 9 months ago

Why would we design an offence around a one-and-done player who you admit has played sub-par? Cliff just isn't big enough to dominate in the paint. I think everyone knew that since the Kentucky game.

Greg Lux 7 years, 9 months ago

I know it's the families responsibility to say NO to gifts from agents. Unless Cliff had a direct connection to any alleged gift. Why would should Cliff be held responsible. The fact that agents can do this kind of stuff without any consequences is just wrong.

Joe Joseph 7 years, 9 months ago

Why would Cliff be held responsible?

Because the NCAA lacks common sense.

Jeremy Wilhelm 7 years, 9 months ago

"Because the NCAA lacks any sense." Fixed that for you :)

Len Shaffer 7 years, 9 months ago

Generally I agree with you Jeremy, but in this case I don't think the NCAA is off base. Imagine if they wouldn't hold the player responsible; that would open the door up for NBA agents to give as many gifts as they wanted to a player's family, and the player could always claim he didn't know.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Len Shaffer, it would be pretty easy for an agent to give gifts to the parents without knowledge of the player when the parents are in Chicago and the player is in Lawrence. This is why I took the stance that I did. The agent knew he was compromising Cliff's and KU's program for his own financial gain. This is egregiously corrupt in my view. The family shouldn't have taken the gifts, but they also may not have not believed it was a violation of the rules. It isn't like they take class and get a certification on it. I think the agents should not be allowed to make contact with college players until only after a player declares for the draft.

The agent was basically getting what is equal to a retainer in that the family owes him money or owes him Cliff's agreement to have that person as the agent. If Cliff was not aware of the gifts when they were given, then Cliff has grounds for a lawsuit. If Cliff did know, then he should have his scholarship revoked, meaning he should have to pay KU back for it if he get's drafted, and expelled from school.

Walter Bridges 7 years, 9 months ago

Your answer changed my mind about holding the player responsible. It may not be 'fair' but it's better than the alternative.

RJ King 7 years, 9 months ago

Fine the agent. Take away a certain percentage of his take from a future signing and give it to one of the NCAA or NBA charities.

Nancy Borst 7 years, 9 months ago

Give Hunter more minutes. He was an asset. Play him against OU and see where it goes. Frontline of Jamari, Hunter, Lucas.

Bryce Landon 7 years, 9 months ago

As long as the Cliff issue doesn't result in vacated wins or (God forbid) the Big 12 title, I can live with it.

Suzi Marshall 7 years, 9 months ago

I'm hoping Self gives Mason a rest for the OU. I'd also love to see him give limited minutes to Mason, Ellis, and Selden during the Big 12 tournament. The OU game and tournament means absolutely nothing to us. Focus the guys on the NCAA tournament, physically and mentally. Oubre probably needs to play since he's only been getting about 30 mpg. I'd love to see what Mykailiuk and Hunter can do with extended minutes, i.e. 25-30.

Starting lineup for OU and Big 12:

1. Graham

2. Mykailiuk

3. Greene

4. Oubre

5. Traylor (or Mickelson)

Rotation off the bench - Mickelson (or Traylor), Lucus then maybe Mason for 10 minutes.

Alexander is a major disappointment on and off the court. He and his family should have known better. His lackadaisical play coupled with the agent thing makes me seriously question if he ever had his heart into playing college ball.

Bryce Landon 7 years, 9 months ago

You get a "thumbs-up" from me for your final paragraph.

Jim Chastain 7 years, 9 months ago

I agree that Alexander has not had his heart in this all year long. He's had spurts for sure but more and more I'm feeling that it's not worth it to get excited for guys who are so highly ranked and considered to be one and done. If he thinks this attitude will fly in the NBA, he won't see much time. For starters he's undersized and doesn't have enough skill with the ball in his hands to compensate. Remember the Kentucky game? They ate him alive. That's the NBA.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Suzi, to a point that makes sense, but I also don't want a guy to get rusty either. Say split time with Graham at most, because there are times that it will be beneficial for them both to be on the court at the same time. Cut the minutes to 25 from his average, and I think that would be fair. However, I don't want to lose this game even though it won't hurt our seeding for the Big 12 tourney. I don't want to basically forfeit one just to save a guy 25 minutes when there will be five days rest for the next game.

I do agree with getting Svi and Graham more minutes because we will need them playing 3 games in a row. I also want Selden to start because he needs to find his jump shot in a game situation. I'm okay with Greene starting, but at the 2 and Selden at the 3. Svi should come off the bench and get 15 minutes or so spelling either the 2 or 3. I also don't think we should start Oubre at the 4. Traylor should be the 4 and Mickelson the 5 to start if we go "either/or". Traylor can be explosive and can play the high post.

There is a conflict though. So we either start Oubre or Selden? I think that we need to start both in this game which means Greene and Svi would both have to come off the bench if both Traylor and Mickelson start.

We can rotate Greene, Svi, Graham, and Lucas off the bench without Ellis being active. I don't want to sacrifice this game though. This could be a huge opportunity for some of the guys to get some confidence after going 0-15 from 3 against WVU the other night. I like Mickelson, and he could probably start for us, but at the five and as the rim protector and have him play that role on defense regardless of who his guy is as long as we can get someone to rotate on the weak side. We're going to need all these guys plus Ellis moving forward, which would make us 10 deep if we can get some of the guys going that both play a lot of minutes or don't play very many minutes.

No matter who we do start, they're going to have to play with a lot of energy on defense and can't turn it over a bunch early or the game is over if we don't play our best guys. We wouldn't do this in football or any other sport either.

Suzi Marshall 7 years, 9 months ago

Maybe. Regardless, I think Self is probably thinking of similar combinations as all of us. This is a great chance to get quality PT for some of these guys and provide rest for the Ellis/Selden/Mason trio.

Humpy Helsel 7 years, 9 months ago

The under the table stuff is going on much more than we know with major programs in both football and basketball. Big money. Poor families. Groupies. Posse. "Mentors." Agents. Offend someone, make someone mad, or run your mouth. It is a bad mix and it can come back to bite even a clean program. Say your Serenity Prayer Jayhawks, players and fans. Nothing we can do about it but just go out and compete like you did in the 2nd half of WVa. Dirty, tough, defense and fights under the boards, and what little bit of offense we can generate. Next man up.

P. S. Coach, get Svi some minutes and get the rust off of him. You might need that shot at some point.

Craig Alexander 7 years, 9 months ago

If Cliff's family received benefits and he isn't eligible this season, would that make him not eligible to come back next season too?

Joe Joseph 7 years, 9 months ago

Potentially, I'm guessing. The NCAA could hold him out for just a semester, or maybe a certain amount of games. Didn't Darnell Jackson (or his family) receive benefits from a booster? I believe he only had to sit the fall semester. I don't remember what Selby's issue was, exactly, but he only had to sit a semester as well.

The NCAA could very well determine that Cliff's KU-self-imposed punishment to be sufficient if he's forced to sit out the last several games, which could potentially include post-season play.

Aaron Paisley 7 years, 9 months ago

Depends on the value of the benefits. Josh Selby was 9 games for his violation.

Vernon Riggs 7 years, 9 months ago

Start Greene. Tell him that he is to take the first 10 shots. Shooters shoot. Get his confidence back. We will need it in the next few weekends.

Paul Meyer 7 years, 9 months ago

What if.. this is Barnes last season at Texas and Myles Turner would want to transfer to KU?

Suzi Marshall 7 years, 9 months ago

Turner, like Marcus Smart, made a very poor decision in not selecting KU. Kansas, in both cases, were excellent matches for their individual abilities and KU's needs.

Turner would declare for the NBA before considering any kind of transfer. I'm not sure if Barnes is gone. I don't see much interest amongst the UT alums for it. It's all about football at UT and Barnes does a great job getting guys to graduate and producing All-Conference Academic guys.

Aaron Paisley 7 years, 9 months ago

That would stupidest thing ever for Turner. He will be a lottery pick in the 2015 NBA draft.

Bruce Oothout 7 years, 9 months ago

Mickelson was the only good thing for KU in the first half. Give the kid more minutes. Oh, and bring back Big Cliff.

Nancy Borst 7 years, 9 months ago

Totally agree on Greene and his shot - let it fly.

Harlan Hobbs 7 years, 9 months ago

I'm a little late to the dance, but I thought your reference, Scott, to KnowBull Arena was pretty clever. Haven't heard that one before. Maybe I just need to get out more.

Mick Allen 7 years, 9 months ago

Vernon and Nancy, I agree that Greene should not be reluctant to let it fly. Just emphasize to him that he needs to guard someone occasionally.

Suzi Marshall 7 years, 9 months ago

Greene is doing a decent job defensively some of the times. He actually gets into a defensive stance every once in a while. He's trying.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Greene did get at least one steal against WVU and I believe he had a blocked shot or two. He also got some rebounds. I think he also drew a charge in a recent game. He is getting better. Defense seems to be very easy, and in high school it's a whole lot easier when you don't have elite players you're going up against. It's much more difficult at this level.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

I like that Mickelson is making good progress, but I want to say a few things about the Alexander issue.

First, according to an NBC Sports article today, Alexander has not even been interviewed by the NCAA, which this far into the investigation, this should have been done already. But more importantly, I want to talk about what is thought to be impermissible gifts received by his family. It appears than an agent, who wants to represent Alexander if he declares for the draft this year, exploited Alexander's family. This is as low as a person can be. Alexander is not ready for the NBA, and sure, he'll get a minimum of a 6 figure salary if he's drafted and makes the cut. Agents should not be allowed to converse with a family member of a college player until and only after said player declares for the draft. Then that agent should not be allowed to provide gifts to the family until, and only if the player is drafted.

There are some really shady things going on here, and Alexander may not have had knowledge or control over any of it. He should tell his parents to give whatever they received back so Alexander can be cleared to play and develop into a better player. Right now, his progress is being held down because someone wanted a cut of his NBA paycheck, which by the way isn't going to be as high as it will be if he stays for another year.

Why was Alexander a target of the NCAA after KU was 2 games away from clinching the outright Big 12 Title? Well, the NCAA should be suing the agent and the family should give back any gifts they received, if they received any and tell the agent to pound sand.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

You didn't even read my whole post did you?

Michael Leiker 7 years, 9 months ago

Hunter brings a ton of maturity to the team and he brought that to the court the other night, his attitude was awesome. Count me among those hoping to see a little more of him.

Sean Swindler 7 years, 9 months ago

I don't understand why Mickelson isn't playing 20 min a game at least - I really think if we didn't have Alexander - Mickelson could have given us starting minutes in there and really positively impacted this team when playing taller teams (see Kentucky)

it seems like Traylor does much better playing off a taller center - playing Mickelson/Traylor really seems to be combo that works.

Kristen Downing 7 years, 9 months ago

Exploited his family, come on...they don't know how to say NO?! Especially bad if they are adults raising kids. No decision on Cliff will be made by the NCAA until his lawyer allows him to talk to them. Can't blame the NCAA for that. Let them go to the NBA right out of highschool, please.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Kristen. I don't want to hear anything from you until you congratulate the team on their outright Big 12 Championship, since you conveniently left when the game was tied Tuesday night.

It's not that much different when the government exploits the poor by promising things paid for by other people. When they need it, and someone knows it, it's easy to exploit. It's not courageous or righteous either.

Bryce Landon 7 years, 9 months ago

Oh, so now you've taken it upon yourself to tell others who can and can't post on these boards? You do recall that the game ran long and late, right? Maybe Kristen had to go to bed and had to miss the overtime session? Get off your frickin' high horse and let the folks at the LJW make the call on who can and can't post on these boards.

Kristen Downing 7 years, 9 months ago

Nobody on blogs get to me. Only friends and family. Live out west, all the games are early. Looking forward to the NCAA tournament.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Well Bryce, remember my comment about Obama that was removed because of some complaining about it even though my post did not violate any TOS whatsoever? Yeah, don't lecture me.

Bryce Landon 7 years, 9 months ago

Uh, no I don't. I'm doing good to keep track of my own posts; I don't have time to remember what other people said on other articles. Stand down and STHU.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Brett, being a bit whiny about an analogy aren't you? You can't handle it can you? By the way, if I were to gain your respect, I would have to have no principles or integrity, so thank you for not respecting me. It is a compliment that you don't.

Because it seems that the only way for me to gain your respect is to not be independent and to think exactly the same way you do, which would mean I would have to compromise my principles, thus completely and utterly vacating integrity. My comment was just an analogy. You flagged my post about Obama for removal, and then you violated TOS, but I didn't flag your response. I respect this thing called your freedom of speech. Your only opposition to me is political, which is ironic that you think you're on the high ground here.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over your complete hatred of me, and then your lack of courage to explain why you flagged my post in an article about Obama visiting, and my comment was on that subject, for being a offensive to you? Because I know you and others did flag it and that it was removed, but you weren't around after that either, just like you weren't around after KU won on Tuesday. I question your real motives, and rather or not you're actually thinking independently.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

Brett, then why do you bring up the "Tea Bag" ad hominem attack? All I did was make an analogy, and you can't control yourself. You think referring to someone as "Tea Bag" is common courtesy? Shut up.

Kristen Downing 7 years, 9 months ago

I am thrilled they won. Just a nervous superstitious type. Watched the ending and overtime later. Surprising , at least to me, a lot of heart was shown in that win.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

By the way, you weren't the only one that left. For example, Brett didn't have the courage to be there at the end either. But Bryce Landon did. And by the way, I don't play favorites either. I defended Bryce for being there, because he was there after the game, and after the game was tied. So many others weren't. I'm not sure why expecting our fans who were there to criticize during the same game they left after the game was tied after some had said, "It's going to be a shared title", not in those exact words because I didn't go back and go through the hundreds of comments to get the exact words.

Micky Baker 7 years, 9 months ago

I just don't get why it's controversial to have the expectation of fans to have been there after the game being that the comment section remained open for almost an hour, and it would have taken just a couple of minutes. Now, the site did crash for 10 minutes or so, but even the next day, crickets.

Tyler Capone 7 years, 9 months ago

Whats everyones expectations for the tournament...one and done? Maybe win 2 games?

Joe Joseph 7 years, 9 months ago

I've learned that no expectations are the best expectations for the NCAA tournament.