Cliff's Notes: Turner Gill press conference, 11/16/10
Here is the Cliff's Notes version of Kansas football coach Turner Gill's comments at his weekly press conference today.
If you want to get live updates from each week's press conference, be sure to follow us on Twitter (@kusports).
Full audio has been posted. • Gill re-emphasized that KU's defense played well against Nebraska. The Jayhawks tackled well, created turnovers and were physical.
• The whole team is competing well. Gill says that has especially been the case the last three games.
• Gill says he and Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy talk quite a bit.
• Gill's keys to the game: 1. Score touchdowns; 2. Have ball security; 3. Create three or more takeaways on defense; 4. Continue to tackle well.
• KU safety Lubbock Smith is doubtful for the OSU game with a concussion.
• Gill believes the potential is there for KU to build a dynasty and build a program in football. That's why he accepted the job at KU.
• Quinn Mecham will start at quarterback for KU. Gill says KU could play both Mecham and Jordan Webb.
• KU will do different things to disrupt the timing of OSU's passing offense. The biggest goal is to disrupt OSU quarterback Brandon Weeden.
• Last week, Webb was somewhat limited in practice. He did get some reps. This week, Webb shouldn't be limited at all.