Wiggins starts season on top of Keegan Ratings
1. Andrew Wiggins: Especially since the new rules will prohibit defenders from jumping into the lane at the last instant to take charges, Wiggins needs to look to drive more from the wing because his lightning first step, long strides and long reach make him ideally suited to abuse defenders wary about the endless whistles. He led KU with 16 points and added three steals.
2. Perry Ellis: He’s an underrated rebounder, so quick and explosive, and even blocked two shots, not his specialty. Attempted just five field goals but totaled 12 points and eight rebounds.
3. Tarik Black: Had eight points, seven rebounds and three personals in 21 minutes. A physical force inside, foul trouble might be a frequent companion.
4. Andrew White III: Made 3 of 5 field goals, scored 12 points and picked up four rebounds, but turned it over three times.
5. Wayne Selden: Had a strong first half, played some point guard, and contributed eight points and four assists in 28 minutes with just one turnover.
6. Joel Embiid: He attempted 10 free throws in 11 minutes and contributed nine points and four rebounds, but was on the receiving end of some passionate criticism from the bench for not always doing the right thing.
7. Frank Mason: Speedy, fearless guard encountered foul trouble and sat most of the first half. When he played, the team moved faster. Had five assists without a turnover. His jersey number matched his goal for turnovers on opening night. He’s going to have a strong KU career and become a fan favorite.
8. Conner Frankamp: Played the point and had five points, three rebounds, three assists and just one turnover. Made just 1 of 4 three-pointers, but that will be the exception for the undersized guard blessed with such a soft touch.
9. Jamari Traylor: Had four turnovers and four fouls in 20 minutes, but did block two shots and always hustles.
10. Brannen Greene: Played just three minutes and scored two points.
1. Andrew Wiggins (10 points)
2. Perry Ellis (9 points)
3. Tarik Black (8 points)
4. Andrew White III (7 points)
5. Wayne Selden (6 points)
6. Joel Embiid (5 points)
7. Frank Mason (4 points)
8. Conner Frankamp (3 points)
9. Jamari Traylor (2 points)
10. Brannen Greene (1 point)