Marcus, Markieff Morris KU's two best against Colorado
1. Marcus Morris: The Big 12 Player of the Year has been the Big 12 tournament’s most outstanding player so far. Had 20 points, 13 rebounds, four assists and three steals.
2. Markieff Morris: Started the game with great energy and it never wore off. Non-stop hustle resulted in 20 points, eight rebounds and two blocked shots. Got hacked hard repeatedly, never lost his cool and made 7 of 8 free throws.
3. Tyrel Reed: Hit two huge threes late in the game to keep Colorado at a safe distance. Nailed one from the right corner on a pass from Tyshawn Taylor with 4:22 left to put KU up 79-67. Made another with 2:14 remaining from the left corner to give KU a 82-70 lead. Made 3 of 6 three-pointers.
4. Tyshawn Taylor: Drove hard and made things happen for himself and teammates and did a nice job of drawing fouls. Scored 15 points, made 7 of 8 free throws and had four assists (and four turnovers).
5. Brady Morningstar: Shots weren’t dropping, but made some terrific passes. Like a great pool player who can see shots average hacks can’t, Morningstar can see passing angles others can’t. He had a reception that was even better than any of his passes when Marcus Morris led him with a long pass, a little too long, on a run-out and Morningstar corralled it before it flew out of bounds and put up an off-balance shot off the glass that went in. Had five assists and one turnover, a typical ratio for him.
6. Mario Little: Hit a big three-pointer and picked up two rebounds in 12 minutes.
7. Thomas Robinson: Had three points and two rebounds in 10 minutes. With both twins playing so well and staying out of foul trouble, minutes were difficult to earn.
8. Elijah Johnson: Had three points and two rebounds, but didn’t break down the defense the way Taylor did on this night.
9. Josh Selby: Made a lot happen, some good, some bad, in 11 minutes. Totaled six points and four rebounds, but had two turnovers and made just 2 of 6 shots.
10. Travis Releford: Played one minute.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (276 points)
2. Markieff Morris (248 points)
3. Tyrel Reed (202 points)
4. Tyshawn Taylor (201 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (194 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (180 points)
7. Mario Little (117 points)
8. Josh Selby (114 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (112 points)
10. Travis Releford (101 points)
11. Jeff Withey (56 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (6 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 and postseason standings
1. Marcus Morris (159 points)
2. Markieff Morris (132 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (128 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (120 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (92 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (86 points)
7. Mario Little (83 points)
8. Josh Selby (67 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (62 points)
10. Travis Releford (30 points)
11. Jeff Withey (23 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (2 points)