Morris brothers pace KU in victory over Oklahoma
1. Marcus Morris: Started the game getting stung by his man, Tyler Neal, by a pair of three-pointers. After that, he was vintage Marcus, owning the baseline, getting buckets at the basket even when whistles didn’t come after a great deal of contact. Blocked two shots and had two assists and a steal.
2. Markieff Morris: Had 11th double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
3. Tyrel Reed: He’s become so much more difficult to guard this season because he’s added hard drives to the hoop to his arsenal. Made 2 of 4 three-pointers on his way to an 11-point game.
4. Brady Morningstar: Atypical day in the turnover department. Had three of them to go with nine points, four assists and two steals.
5. Elijah Johnson: Ball movement was outstanding with him in the game during his 16 minutes and he didn’t commit a single turnover. Slammed his head hard on the floor when fouling Cade Davis as Davis made a three-point shot and Johnson never returned to the game. With him out of the lineup, Oklahoma steadily whittled away at the lead. Played better defense in the first half than the second.
6. Thomas Robinson: Committed a team-high four turnovers in 10 minutes, but also contributed four points and five rebounds. Baseline jumper was a beauty.
7. Josh Selby: Just can’t seem to get his floaters to fall. It’s a puzzling shooting slump. Contributed in other ways with five points, three rebounds and two assists. Committed just one turnover. Still working on becoming more aware of screens on defense.
8. Mario Little: Had six points, three rebounds and two assists, but struggled defensively, committing four fouls in 15 minutes.
9. Travis Releford: Played four minutes.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (239 points)
2. Markieff Morris (221 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (176 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (174 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (167 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (157 points)
7. Josh Selby (104 points)
T8. Travis Releford (98 points)
T8. Mario Little (98 points)
10. Elijah Johnson (93 points)
11. Jeff Withey (56 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (5 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (122 points)
2. Markieff Morris (105 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (101 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (92 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (67 points)
6. Mario Little (64 points)
7. Thomas Robinson (63 points)
8. Josh Selby (57 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (43 points)
10. Travis Releford (27 points)
11. Jeff Withey (23 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (1 point)