Efficient Collins leads Jayhawks in ratings
1. Sherron Collins: Scored team’s first seven points, scored 14 points on nine field goal attempts, did not have a turnover and had four assists and three steals. Played a great all-around game.
2. Cole Aldrich: Temple post player Lavoy Allen paid Aldrich a very nice compliment by saying there is no way to simulate in practice playing against a player who is as strong a defensive presence as the long-armed center. Aldrich had 10 points, 10 rebounds and three blocked shots.
3. Tyshawn Taylor: Did a terrific job of forcing Temple sharp-shooter Juan Fernandez (3 for 16) into taking hurried shots. Taylor also contributed eight points and five rebounds.
4. Marcus Morris: Missed easy shots early, perhaps because of nerves induced by the hometown crowd, but settled down to make another strong contribution with 13 points, three rebounds and strong defense.
5. Xavier Henry: Led the team with 15 points and made all six of his free throw attempts.
6. Markieff Morris: Contributed five points, four rebounds and solid defense in 16 minutes.
7. Brady Morningstar: Made the only shot he took, a three-pointer, had five assists without a turnover and again played strong defense.
8. Tyrel Reed: Played strong defense, made a three-pointer and picked up three rebounds.
9. C.J. Henry: Continued hot shooting, making two three-point attempts in seven minutes. Has played 59 minutes and has totaled 40 points, two assists and nine personal fouls.
10. Elijah Johnson: Had an assist, a turnover, a foul and four points in four active minutes. Pushed the ball up the floor hard and hit C.J. Henry with a nice pass in the corner for a three-pointer.
11. Thomas Robinson: Rebounds aggressively, but fouls too much and still rushes shots. Had three personals in eight minutes.
12. Jeff Withey: Had a blocked shot, a rebound and a foul in two minutes.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Sherron Collins (105 points)
2. Cole Aldrich (99 points)
3. Xavier Henry (90 points)
4. Marcus Morris (88 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (74 points)
6. Markieff Morris (67 points)
7. Thomas Robinson (53 points)
T8. Elijah Johnson (50 points)
T8. Tyrel Reed (50 points)
10. C.J. Henry (18 points)
11. Brady Morningstar (15 points)
12. Jeff Withey (1 point)
Notes: C.J. Henry, though he is a walk-on, will be included in the Keegan Ratings.
Starting with conference play, we will keep both the overall and conference points for each player.