Aldrich beats out Marcus Morris for No. 1
1. Cole Aldrich: Had 16 points, 14 rebounds and five blocked shots.
2. Marcus Morris: Talk about effort. In the span of nine seconds, Morris totaled three offensive rebounds, two missed shots and a basket that put KU up 67-60 with 2:38 left in overtime.
3. Brady Morningstar: Had some beautiful passes early and finished with six points, six assists, four rebounds and two steals.
4. Sherron Collins: Made just 6 of 17 field goals and did not make any of his five three-point shots.
5. Tyrel Reed: Made the only three-point shot he took.
6. Markieff Morris: Has a higher three-point percentage (.636) than free-throw percentage (.568).
7. Tyshawn Taylor: Wild drive to the hoop and shot hard off the glass came seven seconds into the shot clock while protecting a three-point lead with less than three minutes left.
8. Thomas Robinson: Picked up a rebound and a steal in three minutes and on this night, those three minutes were needed because of how gassed the altitude-sapped regulars felt.
9. Xavier Henry: In Big 12 play, Henry is averaging 7.7 points and shooting .288 from the field. He played 17 minutes without scoring a field goal in this one and did not stand out defensively.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Sherron Collins (175 points)
2. Cole Aldrich (167 points)
3. Marcus Morris (150 points)
4. Xavier Henry (130 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (116 points)
6. Markieff Morris (100 points)
7. Tyrel Reed (86 points)
8. Thomas Robinson (70 points)
9. Brady Morningstar (68 points)
10. Elijah Johnson (56 points)
11. C.J. Henry (21 points)
12. Jeff Withey (10 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 Standings
1. Marcus Morris (53 points)
T2. Sherron Collins (50 points)
T2. Cole Aldrich (50 points)
4. Brady Morningstar (42 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (29 points)
6. Tyrel Reed (27 points)
7. Xavier Henry (26 points)
8. Markieff Morris (24 points)
9. Thomas Robinson (14 points)
10. Jeff WIthey (9 points)
11. Elijah Johnson (6 points)
Notes: C.J. Henry, though he is a walk-on, will be included in the Keegan Ratings.