Norfolk State celebrates its victory over Missouri

Norfolk State players celebrate their victory over Missouri on March 16, 2012, at CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Neb..

Comments

Ryan Mullen 10 years, 4 months ago

Breaking news.........

The SEC has decided to invite Norfolk State over the Missouri tigers. More to come....

Stephan123 10 years, 4 months ago

Fantastic win and good riddance to Mizzery!

SoCalAlum 10 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for the video...at 33 sec in, it looks like O'Quinn takes it on himself to walk across the court to hug PPressey who sort of stayed on that side of the court. Super classy move by O'Quinn (and he was funny with Sager, too). Denmon's really-thoughtless shot/miss early in the shot clock was epic in an epic loss. Thanks are due to KU fans there who supported Norfolk State.

Since79 10 years, 4 months ago

Maybe misery should put up another banner for participating in the tournament

Matt Gauntt 10 years, 4 months ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Mullen 10 years, 4 months ago

Wow I didn't think a Mizzou fan would have the courage to come on this board today. Yet here you are.

skragglydoo 10 years, 4 months ago

So you don't have an answer? Since when does KUSports report on teams that we don't play? I expect fans to go nuts but the press should keep it a bit classier.

obamasocks 10 years, 4 months ago

Ahh, and thus ends the last MU game I ever watch. Good riddance, see you in 7734.

Mike Kendall 10 years, 4 months ago

You can't say Missouri doesn't have any "OAD's!!!!!!!!!!!!" That's "One & Done" babeeeee!!!!!!!!!! In the N-------C-------A-------A, that is.

I was at my hometown "Buffalo Wild Wings" when this all went down at the end. I found myself clapping at the restaurant after the game. I kind of looked around because I was the only one clapping---LOL.

It looked like the tall Norfolk State player was very animated in the post-game interview. I couldn't hear what he was saying but will catch it later tonight.

Is it just me, or does HC Frank Haith talk like a robot without any emotion all the time? How can you not show any emotion? It is just weird, IMHO.

Even if they would have won this game, I had Mizzou losing to Florida in the next round. And Arnold Swartznagger says, "Alsta Le Vista, babeee!!!!!!!!"

I didn't hear any Tiggers fans chanting, "SEC" at the end. I wonder why?

Where's Missouri'sBest insight when you ask for it-------dang!!!!!!!!

Now, kick some butt tonight, Jayhawks. That would cap off a sweet night in the Madness!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Pitthawk34 10 years, 4 months ago

Check out their bookstore. Time to buy a nice T shirt for those hot summer days!

riverdrifter 10 years, 4 months ago

Waaay to represent the Big 12, Mizzou. Not. Everybody around the conference talks nicely, but you just know that there are a lot of toasts to Misery getting their butts beat tonight.

milwaukeeJAYHAWK 10 years, 4 months ago

I usually barely pay attention to a Mizzou loss. But after years of taunts of Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa, VCU, etc. reminders.......

.....this is sweet.

See ya, Misery. You are now the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history....the #3 team in the nation loses to a team from one of the worst conferences....who didn't even win that conference!

Hilarious.

5DecadeHawk 10 years, 4 months ago

Notice that sportsmanship by some of the Mizery players?

Notice how they were so wrapped up in their tears and self pity that some of them did not get into the postgame handshake line to contratulate their opponent on a well played game?

This shouldn't surprise anyone, but it's just another example of Mizery being Mizery.