A true taste of an NFL workout

Join KUSports.com's football beat writer Matt Tait as he goes through a day of training with former KU long snapper Kayl Anderson, who has dreams of playing in the NFL.

Related story

Comments

Marcia Parsons 12 years, 9 months ago

Congratulations on surviving! Looks like something I will never, ever be tempted to try.

psychoanalyst 12 years, 9 months ago

Awesome piece, guys. Great job, Matt. How cool is it that Kayl and the trainer let you (and us) be a part of that. Keep it coming.

Kenneth Hillman 12 years, 9 months ago

Lucky! Man that looks like fun. Matt - you're looking pretty green there at the end, hope you recovered. Very cool that they let you do that. And I'm excited to see/read your coverage of KU football this year. I read your blog and I hope you provide some good insight into our football team this upcoming season. We have not been getting nearly enough info. Please fix that as soon as possible.

Jhawk59 12 years, 9 months ago

My son could use that type of training how do I contact the guy?

Jonathan Kealing 12 years, 9 months ago

Jhawk59--

If you go over to the blog Matt wrote, there's a link to this guy's Web site. Sorry we couldn't get more of that in the video space. Software just doesn't work for that.

Jonathan Kealing Online editor

Jhawk59 12 years, 9 months ago

Thanks Jonathon. by the way am I the only one intimidated by the size of the guys calfs in the opening picture of the video? Good GOD!!!! He must jump out of the gym

d_prowess 12 years, 9 months ago

That video was awesome. It would have been really good if we just got to see the workout Kayl does to get ready for the pro day, but the fact that we got to see an average Joe attempt it and, let's face it, basically fail since I am pretty sure almost passing out is not a positive NFL attribute, made the video really great.

Mike Kendall 12 years, 9 months ago

Incredible video! Great perspective! It would be tough for anyone -- I would probably almost pass out, too!

jayhawkjoe98 12 years, 9 months ago

Matt,

Thank you for helping me feel like a human being.

Kman_blue 12 years, 9 months ago

Great video piece here. It gives a really good insight into what it takes to train for the NFL combine and an idea of some of the workouts our players do throughout the year even. Ah, the good ole days of running against a giant rubber band. I can still feel the burn!!

GREAT piece!! This is the kind of stuff we NEVER got with the last guy.

hoopsdr 12 years, 9 months ago

Does anyone know if the pro day on March 10th is open to the public? And if it is held at the practice facility or inside Memorial Stadium?

Matt Tait 12 years, 9 months ago

hoopsdr -

I can't say for sure but I highly doubt it will be open to the public. Most years in the past, it wasn't even open to the media. We had some limited access to the event last year and are expecting better access this year so I'll be there and we'll have stories, blogs and photos from the big day.

Not sure which facility it will be at. Probably not outside though.

I'll have more information as the day draws nearer.

• Matt

hoopsdr 12 years, 9 months ago

Matt

Thanks for the feedback and congrats on the new gig. I'll be looking forward to reading all of your work.

hoopsdr