With tournament loss, focus turns to future of Aldrich and Collins

Now that the tournament is over for the Jayhawks, the focus has turned to the possibility of Aldrich and Collins announcing their draft eligibility.

Related story

Comments

Sally Presson 13 years, 4 months ago

I sure hope Cole stays at least another year, years with Coach Manning and Coach Self will prove to be in his best interest. Of course we all hate the thought of losing Sherron and playing his senior year will take us to the top. Call me selfish, but no one wants to lose such a great person on their team. If he goes, I wish him the very best, he'll always be a Jayhawk hero

Steve Brown 13 years, 4 months ago

I wish Drew Goodan and Paul Pierce had stayed, but they did what was best for them, so I"m good with it. When Memphis loses their coach to Kentucky, do we get any of their recruits..what about Henry...his dad Carl was hot stuff when he was here...

JayJayPG 13 years, 4 months ago

If Cal goes to Kentucky, I think Xavier will stay at Memphis regardless since he was pretty adament about playing with his brother. I think DeMarcus Cousins would follow Cal to Kentucky since he has only given a verbal commitment to Memphis.

Gil Ek 13 years, 4 months ago

Imagine if D. Arthur was with this team this year. Final 4. Add Chalmers, WOW! I'm too old school and think players should have to stay 3 years min. Julian Wright hardly playing in NBA like so many that go out too early. He would have been a senior this year. What a team with these three still here.

jayhawkgl 13 years, 4 months ago

Really interesting article on the evolution of Lance. I can't say I'm without concerns, but if he is a Jayhawk next year he'll clearly bring a TON of passion.

Pittsburgh_Jayhawk 13 years, 4 months ago

I think Sherron will test the waters of the draft but come back. His ball handling needs to improve. But then again, he could be pulling down first round draft money next year.

I think Aldrich stays one more year.

I wonder if Releford transfers out.

Jeff Kilgore 13 years, 4 months ago

Either choice is good for them. Only one choice is good for us. Whatever they do, we should all understand. Whoever posted about the almighty dollar comes off as judgmental as if they would be greedy for taking the money. Let's not judge what these kids should or shouldn't do because very few people will ever be in their sneakers.

KULA 13 years, 4 months ago

drgnslayer & eku757, I'd love to have good players stay around too. It was a pleasure to watch last year's team grow from a 1st round loss to National Champs. Unfortunately, that genie is out of the bottle. It would be like telling baseball players they have to go to college before they can play pro ball.