Thursday, May 26, 2016

Markieff Morris detained at airport

— A person familiar with the situation says Washington Wizards and former Kansas University forward Markieff Morris was detained at Philadelphia International Airport and then released.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Thursday because Morris was not charged. The person did not specify why Morris was detained.

The Wizards said in a statement they “spoke with Markieff earlier today and will continue to gather more details.”

Tinicum Township Police and Morris’ lawyer did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Morris and twin brother Marcus, a forward for the Detroit Pistons, were indicted by an Arizona grand jury last year on felony aggravated assault charges for allegedly beating a man outside a Phoenix recreation center. The case is still pending.

The 26-year-old Morris is from Philadelphia.

Comments

Kent Wells 5 years, 11 months ago

Oh yay. I get to read 100 comments with people insulting each other about their positions on the legality of marijuana. I can't wait for football season so we can focus on.... never mind...

Matt Herrera 5 years, 11 months ago

When is the State of Kansas going to legalize marijuana?

Jay Scott 5 years, 11 months ago

Thursday June 3 at 10:47 AM Central.....

Or maybe not....

Dee Shaw 5 years, 11 months ago

What a surprise. Thug. The Morris Twins are an embarrassment to KU nation.

Harlan Hobbs 5 years, 11 months ago

I'm glad that there are so many clairvoyant people out there. Maybe it has been mentioned elsewhere, but this article makes no reference to marijuana, or anything else illegal, at this point in this latest incident. The source for this story says that he was not charged, so until something else comes forward, I will accept it.

While the Morris twins have certainly had their issues, can't we at least wait for the facts which, frankly, I don't care if they become public. Just because they are "celebrities", that doesn't mean they give up their rights to some privacy.

Janet Olin 5 years, 11 months ago

Yes. How about we wait for actual facts before debating the issue?

Allin Herring 5 years, 11 months ago

The Twins never change. They are an embarrassment to the program.

Jay Scott 5 years, 11 months ago

I remember a great man who dreamed of a day that his children could be judged by the content of their character......

Len Shaffer 5 years, 11 months ago

If it's truly just about mary jane, I couldn't care less. If it's something worse, it's yet another black mark on the Morris's resume.

Len Shaffer 5 years, 11 months ago

I will add one caveat to that: I don't care about the marjuana itself, but it does show incredibly poor judgment that he would think he could get away with it. It's either an entitlement mentality or a serious lack of intelligence -- maybe from smoking too much of the stuff.

Titus Canby 5 years, 11 months ago

It's stupidity.

I don't have anything against using a pocketknife, but I'm not stupid enough to carry one onto an airplane.