Monday, November 26, 2012

How Keegan voted: Nov. 26 AP college basketball ballot

The following is Journal-World sports editor Tom Keegan's Associated Press ballot for the college basketball poll on Nov. 26, 2012.

1. Duke
  20. Pittsburgh
  21. California
  22. North Carolina
  23. New Mexico
  24. Wichita State
  25. Connecticut

Comments

Tony Bandle 9 years, 8 months ago

Well...the first 8 roughly coordinate with the first 8 of the AP Poll and Keeg's KU is at 11 vs AP at 10..still KU has a 39 RPI rating, lost to our highest ranked opponent and still made the Top Ten. Interestingly, this is tracking similar to last year at this point.

Boouk 9 years, 8 months ago

Oklahoma State ahead of KU? We'll find out soon.

Brad Avery 9 years, 8 months ago

That is ridiculous. Based on what? Who have they beaten?

Boouk 9 years, 8 months ago

They dominated NC State and they have 3 really good players in Smart, Phil Forte, and LeBryan Nash, but until I see them beat KU I would never rank them ahead of KU.

Chris Shaw 9 years, 8 months ago

I actually agree with the Okie State ranking! They have looked really good so far this season. I don't have a problem with them being in the Top 10.

Nathan Scholl 9 years, 8 months ago

Keegan, you never cease to amaze me, you BIG East Coast HOMER. Go back to the East Coast. Duke at number one? Georgetown ahead of KU? Ohio State at no. 2? Oklahoma State (I know, not east coast, but still) at no. 9? UCLA? Come on. That team AND coach are a joke. Just because they renovated Pauley doesn't mean they are any good. How do you even get a vote? I realize KU has A LOT to prove, is in an appropriate spot at No. 10, should continue to move up with more consistent play and improvement at all positions, but geez man. What have you been eating? Or not eating? Bad picks.

Nathan Scholl 9 years, 8 months ago

My bad. UCLA isn't on this list. I misread the list and an above post. My apologies.

milehighhawk 9 years, 8 months ago

Gonna have to ask for that Scholl back, Jayhawk. ;-)

Steve Gantz 9 years, 8 months ago

Duke's got a pretty nice resume this year, hard to argue that one.

Stan Unruh 9 years, 8 months ago

There is no way the Pokes are better than the Jayhawks...

John Randall 9 years, 8 months ago

I agree, but the pollsters (even TK) should vote on what has happened so far this year. This won't be one of those years when the BigXII has several elite teams, and so far, KU has shown no more than the others.

Robert Brown 9 years, 8 months ago

It never ceases to amaze me what people will complain about. I appreciate Tom showing his ballot, but have to wonder if it is worth all the complaints and insults. Guys- it's November. The polls do not matter!! OSU is undefeated and has a very impressive win. KU lost a close game to the only ranked team it played. Based on the results, if OSU were playing with on its Kansas jersey instead of OSU, they would be ranked in the Top 5.

mikehawk 9 years, 8 months ago

Totally agree. Polls mean nothing right now. Win and the ratings take care of themselves. Ford has pressure on him to win this year at Oklahoma State. Let's hope he does well because every time OSU needs a head coach, T-Boone and the checkbook will be calling our beloved HCBS. People down here in Oklahoma, because of him being an OSU grad and a former successful head at both ORU and TU, are in awe of Bill Self. Self is covered down here in Oklahoma more than the coaches who coach here at the major schools.

Boouk 9 years, 8 months ago

Michigan, Florida, and Arizona are overrated. Michigan State's the best team in Michigan.