Monday, November 7, 2011

Thomas Robinson expected to play against Fort Hays State on Tuesday

Kansas projected starters Tyshawn Taylor, left, Thomas Robinson and Elijah Johnson watch warm-ups prior to KU's game against Pittsburg State on Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2011 at Allen Fieldhouse. Taylor and Johnson were suspended; Robinson is nursing an injury.

Kansas forward Thomas Robinson is expected to play in the Jayhawks' exhibition finale against Fort Hays State, KU coach Bill Self said Monday.

Robinson sat out KU's first exhibition game against Pittsburg State on Nov. 1 after hyper-extending his left knee in practice.

"He's not 100 percent. He's wearing a brace. He's practicing, so the training staff said he should be OK, but we're probably going to keep him in the brace a little bit longer," Self said. "I think he needs to get out there. He needs the reps, too. He needs to see the ball going in the hole."

Comments

fansincewilt 10 years, 6 months ago

Great news! However, I was very impressed by the guys last week. I think this could be a really fun year.

GabrielMichael 10 years, 6 months ago

I agree... I think you could see the new/young guys improve from 1st half to 2nd half.

Benjamin Piehler 10 years, 6 months ago

Good news. If this team stays hungry and maintains a killer attitude, we could surprise some people.

texashawk10 10 years, 6 months ago

If T-Rob's not 100%, don't risk him re-injuring his knee. He can wait until Friday when the games matter.

hawksfan08 10 years, 6 months ago

+1. Rest him as long as necessary. The season rides on him.

FEARTHEPHOGKU 10 years, 6 months ago

Self shouldn't risk it... keep him healthy for the uk game need him there the most.

basketball122009 10 years, 6 months ago

+1 texashawk! hopefully he don't play more than 10 minutes if he is still injured!

texashawk10 10 years, 6 months ago

If he can't go 110%, he doesn't need to be on the court at all because not giving full effort, whether voluntarily or not, is when more serious injuries can occur that can put T-Rob on the shelf for an extended period of time.

Kristen Downing 10 years, 6 months ago

I will be watching with my eyes partially covered and my fingers crossed. I guess they know what they're doing.....

AverageCitizen 10 years, 6 months ago

Kansas forward Thomas Robinson is expected to play in the Jayhawks' exhibition finale against Fort Hays State, KU coach Bill Self said Tuesday.

He said Tuesday? Have I lost track of time?

Mike Granger 10 years, 6 months ago

We are definitely ready for some basketball.

bradynsdad 10 years, 6 months ago

Watching Arizona makes me sick. I can't believe we lost multiple recruits to miller. I would like to see us get at least one more big name recruit for next year.

Jeff Coffman 10 years, 6 months ago

I'm actually excited to see TRob and JWithey on the court at the same time. I'm hoping to see that when TRob gets double teamed that JW can throw down some easy points, or things get tossed out to an open 3.

TRob is going to get a ton of double teams this year and he needs to have the reps like the article mentions.

jaybate 10 years, 6 months ago

If he is still wearing a brace, what's the point of playing him against Ft. Hays State?

He gets better preparation for UK in practice than he will against FHSU.

Let it heal.

texashawk10 10 years, 6 months ago

He can play Friday night against Towson in a game that counts in the standings when his knee is further along. He does not need to play in an exhibition in a game that doesn't count and risk tweaking his knee and being out longer. Taylor, Johnson, Withey, Releford, and Teahan have all practiced with T-Rob for the past 2 years so they know his tendencies. Wesley and Young will not be playing very many minutes with T-Rob this year so it's not as important to get them time with T-Rob. Tharpe is the only one who will play more than 5 minutes a game with T-Rob that hasn't played with him for the past 2 years, but they can start getting some chemistry in the Towson game.

studio 10 years, 6 months ago

The FHSU contest offers a terrific opportunity for TRob to perform with deliberate confidence, patience, and efficient timing. He'll get the chance to demonstrate the developed discipline of this physical gift he is focused to command. Generations will be inspired at the sight of his jersey displayed in the AFH rafters representing Thomas Robinson's strength and impact on the Game. The journey continues, welcome back sir.