Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mizzou defensive lineman cited for alcohol violation

— Missouri defensive lineman Jimmy Burge was cited for having an open beer in his truck while driving.

The sophomore was pulled over by Columbia police late Saturday after making an illegal left turn. Police say his blood-alcohol content was below the legal limit, but the 21-year-old was issued misdemeanor citations for the alcohol offense and illegal turn.

Comments

KU_FanSince75 12 years, 1 month ago

"And the beat goes on," as Sonny & Cher would say!

notigers4me 12 years, 1 month ago

Am I missing something here, how can you be a sophomore and be 21 years old? I guess that will make him 23 or 24 as a senior. I wonder how old he was when he left high school?

LAJayhawk 12 years, 1 month ago

Brady Morningstar was a 22-year-old sophomore....

LAJayhawk 12 years, 1 month ago

Actually, Brady's birthday is in January (according to CBS website), so for half the year he was a 23-year-old sophomore...

HawkTronic 12 years, 1 month ago

Aug/Sept B-day and a redshirt would do it.

hoopsdr 12 years, 1 month ago

Exactly what I was thinking HawkTronic. Either way, I think it's ridiculous how much heat TG is taking for his strict player policies. Especially with all the guys at MU and across the NCAA (Florida) constantly getting in trouble.

DallasHawk 12 years, 1 month ago

Bottom line are the Wins. Much is forgiven with victories. I much prefer a clean program and I really don't think a potential recruit cares if he can't change his facebook status the night before the game. I love everything Gill does off the field. I'm more worried about the on Field procedures. Keeping the faith though. Beak 'Em.

LAJayhawk 12 years, 1 month ago

I do find it entertaining and rather funny how the LJ World loves to keep Jayhawk fans up to date on any minor mizzou infraction. Of course, it does tend to make me smile....

kc_wildfire 12 years, 1 month ago

Isn't this the third alcohol related incident for a MU football player in the last two or three months? Plus one of the coaches was also cited for a DUI if I'm not mistaken.

Pinkie needs to get those boys under control.

KU_FanSince75 12 years, 1 month ago

LA----I was wondering the same thing----do we have a news pipeline from Columbia? It makes me smile, too!