Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Releford ready to roll

No Jayhawk is looking forward to KU's first game against Washburn more than Travis Releford.

Comments

b_asinbeer 13 years, 11 months ago

I don't mind Quick Time. It plays on all major operating systems that I own (Mac and Windows). The problem is probably what others are saying, page template...it may be better to have it "centered" as opposed to on the left side where it may not be found as easily.Thanks for the coverage though! Love it.

KUbsee69 13 years, 11 months ago

I just wish that the LJW would stop using QuickTime and post videos that are native to the Windows environment, like youtube does.QuickTime is not compatible with some corporate computing images, and it conflicts with some other software, causing problems, so I can't use it a work.At home, for some reason, even with QuickTime loaded, the LJW videos don't seem to work.Even opening in a separate viewer Window (read Windows Media Player) would be better.

DrPepper 13 years, 11 months ago

I agree it is a pain to push a button called "read more" and then there is nothing else to "read". I don't see anything on the first page that lets you know it is going to be a video clip. I don't watch video clips at work because of the audio. just sayin'

cklarock 13 years, 11 months ago

@JayCeph: +1 You totally nailed the problems with this page template. For me, the narrow ad inside the narrow column is a mess anyway, but on this page it's just bad structure.

ChicagoJHawk 13 years, 11 months ago

Okay, so it's not just me! I can't open those videos @ work and can't open them at home either. It's been trying to download it for like the last 2 hours! The bar is 99% of the way to the right but not quite there (and therefore can't click on the play button).

Kman_blue 13 years, 11 months ago

KUbsee69,Try double clicking on the video once you see an image loaded. For whatever reason the videos don't show any controls nor do they play on their own on my pc, so I have to double click on them to get them started.

kcmostwanted 13 years, 11 months ago

it's a news clip.... you're suppose to watch it

JayCeph 13 years, 11 months ago

I wish they'd embed the video clips into the site framework (ala YouTube.com) instead of always launching a separate video player. That way, they could wrap some simple editorial or abstract related to the video in direct connection to what the viewer is watching (ala a blog format) which is where a lot of this user-driven content model is going anyway.Plus, it seems sort of counter-intuitive to bury the video link below a banner which is roughly the same size/width as the content they are driving the user to. Something has to take priority here. Of all the pages that this site manages, I think this is the only truly amateurish execution...So, for the vast majority, keep up the great work LJW/KUSports. I love it.

melrank 13 years, 11 months ago

I'm no computer geek, but I've been without the videos for almost a year. Recently, I discovered an update for Windows 2000 that I downloaded that allowed the videos to finally work. If you have 2000, you might look to see if you have all the updates from QuickTime.If there were an easier format to use, it might be a nice enhancement.However, I enjoy the site and it's way better than looking at my financial portfolio :).