Pick Kansas football's next head coach from a 32-candidate bracket
The internet loves a good coaching search. And KUsports.com is about that life.
As University of Kansas athletic director Jeff Long narrows his field of football coaching candidates, KU fans will have the chance to do the same.
By scouring lists of potential coaches from various publications, our staff compiled a list of 32 nominees for your consideration. Plus, to add to the fun, we’ve seeded them and placed them all in a giant 2018 KU Football Coaching Search Bracket.
You can cast your votes anytime Wednesday for the first-round matchups in the bracket’s four regions — Riggins, Hadl, Sayers and Reesing.
Does the growing Les Miles to KU buzz make him the clear favorite?
Do Dave Doeren’s Kansas ties mean he’s the man for the job?
Could Seth Littrell be college football’s next big name be turning KU around?
Would Jeff Monken bringing the triple option to the Big 12 speed up a rebuild by slowing the game down?
Maybe you love one of the other candidates. It’s your call.
Here’s a look at who’s going head to head in the Round of 32.
• Les Miles - Former LSU and Oklahoma State coach head coach vs. Mike Locksley - Alabama offensive coordinator
• Greg Schiano - Ohio State defensive coordinator vs. Lance Leipold - Buffalo head coach
• Bret Bielema - Former Arkansas and Wisconsin head coach vs. Chris Klieman - North Dakota State head coach
• Mike Norvell - Memphis head coach vs. Neal Brown - Troy head coach
• Jeff Monken - Army head coach vs. Butch Jones - Former Tennessee and Cincinnati head coach
• Mike MacIntyre - Colorado head coach vs. Jim McElwain - Former Florida and Colorado State head coach
• Todd Graham - Former Arizona State and Pitt head coach vs. Major Applewhite - Houston head coach
• Ed Warinner - Ohio State O-line coach vs. Willie Fritz - Tulane head coach
• Dave Doeren - North Carolina State head coach vs. Tim Beck - Texas offensive coordinator
• Scott Satterfield - Appalachian State head coach vs. Ken Niumatalolo - Navy head coach
• Bryan Harsin - Boise State head coach vs. Jeff Tedford - Fresno State head coach
• Chris Creighton - Eastern Michigan head coach vs. Matt Wells - Utah State head coach
• Seth Littrell - North Texas head coach vs. Frank Wilson - UT-San Antonio head coach
• Brian Bohannon - Kennesaw State head coach vs. Troy Calhoun - Air Force head coach
• Craig Bohl - Wyoming head coach vs. Jim Leavitt - Oregon defensive coordinator
• Dan Enos - Alabama quarterbacks coach and associate head coach vs. Jason Candle - Toledo head coach
— Voting for Round 2 begins Thursday, Round 3 is set for Friday, Monday will take us to the final four and Tuesday the bracket will be decided between the last two potential KU football coaches left standing.
Now’s your chance. Pick KU football’s next head coach at our bracket: 2018 KU Football Coaching Search Bracket.