Bill Self does his version of the Ben McLemore dance; Jack Harry says KU deserves Big 12 title
An abbreviated Seen It? blog for your Tuesday ...
• The regular-season finale trailer of the "Pay Heed" videos series from the KU Athletics department was released late Monday, and once again, dancing is the highlight.
This time it's from KU coach Bill Self after he receives his 500th win gameball in the locker room after the Jayhawks' overtime victory over Iowa State.
At first Self doesn't dance, and then he does, going into full Ben McLemore mode.
You'll definitely want to watch the video below (starting at the 1:32 mark) at least twice: once to watch Self's dance moves and another time to watch McLemore's face as Self is dancing.
• The Kansas City Star's Rustin Dodd points out in his latest "KU Chalkboard" blog that heading into the season, KU coach Bill Self had the same number of conference losses at KU as NCAA Tournament wins (23).
To keep that streak going, Self will have to get four NCAA wins with KU this season, meaning the Jayhawks would have to advance to the Final Four.
• The Jayhawk Talk blog had CBS senior blogger Matt Norlander on a podcast to discuss the NCAA Tournament and KU.
• Former Lawrence Journal-World staffer Alex Parker had a story last week about how backlash over the KU alternative adidas uniforms helped bring a spike in traffic for the Zubaz website ... even though Zubaz has no affiliation with the new uniforms.
• And finally, KSHB's Jack Harry — a well-known Missouri Tigers supporter — says that KU deserved the Big 12 title outright over Kansas State because it beat the Wildcats twice in his latest "Jack's Smack."