KU Sports Extra: Jayhawks beat Maryland to reach Elite Eight
Kansas disposed of Maryland in a South regional semifinal Thursday night in Kentucky, Louisville, to move on to the Elite Eight.
KUsports.com’s Tom Keegan and Matt Tait recap the Jayhawks’ 79-63 victory over the fifth-seeded Terrapins and discuss how KU (33-4) did enough in the first half to get by before playing at another level in the second half.
Between Perry Ellis’ 27-point performance, Wayne Selden Jr.’s assertiveness all over the court and Landen Lucas’ work in the paint, the Jayhawks have plenty of reasons to feel good moving into a regional final, where they’ll have a chance — against Villanova on Saturday — to get the program back to the Final Four for the first time since 2012.
— See what people were saying about the Sweet 16 matchup between KU and Maryland during KUsports.com's live coverage
More news and notes from KU’s Sweet 16 victory over Maryland
- One step closer: Ellis’ career night leads KU into Elite Eight
- Keegan: Lucas uses brain and brawn inside
- Turgeon: We lost to nation’s best team
- Miles misses playing days
- Notebook: Haase possible candidate for Stanford vacancy
- Sweet victory: Jayhawks beat Maryland to stay alive
- Keegan Ratings: Ellis continues hot streak in NCAA Tournament